Sign in to follow this  
nhs67

Ohio State VS Michigan State

18-11 through 174 for Ohio State.  Nothing really unexpected.

At 174 Ethan Smith was up 21-9 with about 1m30s to go in the 3rd and over 4m of riding time.

He gets a TD.  23-9.  Ref stops the match and adds riding time with 1m30ish to go in the 3rd?

37 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

18-11 through 174 for Ohio State.  Nothing really unexpected.

At 174 Ethan Smith was up 21-9 with about 1m30s to go in the 3rd and over 4m of riding time.

He gets a TD.  23-9.  Ref stops the match and adds riding time with 1m30ish to go in the 3rd?

I thought that must be something new or I've just never seen it happen. Smith had eleven TD's...

I believe this will be the beginning of Jordan at 97. 

Edited by Mphillips

10 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I thought that must be something new or I've just never seen it happen. Smith had eleven TD's...

I believe this will be the beginning of Jordan at 97. 

Do you think that’s where he should have been or is wrestling undersized to start?

4 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Do you think that’s where he should have been or is wrestling undersized to start?

I think it is trickle down.

Smith can't beat Karchla.

Romero can't beat Smith.

Jordan can't beat Romero.

Hoffman can't beat Jordan.

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think it is trickle down.

Smith can't beat Karchla.

Romero can't beat Smith.

Jordan can't beat Romero.

Hoffman can't beat Jordan.

No.

Karch, Smith, Romero, Jordan, Orndorff is their best lineup. Jordan can't make 74.

3 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

No.

Karch, Smith, Romero, Jordan, Orndorff is their best lineup. Jordan can't make 74.

You're the Buckeye.  Your opinion should hold more weight than mine.

Providing mine is true, though, it would also make yours true.  So I do agree.

Just now, nhs67 said:

Did we just become best friends?

Also rewatched the 174lb match.  He definitely just stops it with a 14 point lead.  Just a premature ending?

I already thought we went back months?

Had to be a mistake didn't it? Strange that the coaches let it happen if so. If not, it's a strange rule.

2 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Had to be a mistake didn't it? Strange that the coaches let it happen if so. If not, it's a strange rule.

I imagine the result would have been a 25-10 tech, anyways... BUT folks get pinned every day. J/s

And yes.  We did.  Decades even. 

9 hours ago, Kov88 said:

Were Orndorff and D’Emilio both hurt? And is Decatur still injured? Also, didn’t know Jordan was that better at 97 than Hoffman

From what I’ve heard Hoffman missed weight at 197 for the dual so he wrestled heavy. 

that’s why Jordan jumped in at 197.

Orndorff was listed all week so I don’t think it was an injury.

and haven’t heard what’s going on with D’Emilio could be Covid, normally injuries come out somehow. 

Ethan Smith's last 4 matches against top 5 guys he did lose to those guys, but by a total of 8 pts over 4 matches. All of the matches were close. Correspondingly, he has upped his scoring in the matches he is supposed to win. Seems like he is primed to maybe pull an upset in the near future. 

3 hours ago, Ohioq said:

From what I’ve heard Hoffman missed weight at 197 for the dual so he wrestled heavy. 
that’s why Jordan jumped in at 197.

13 hours ago, Kov88 said:

Were Orndorff and D’Emilio both hurt? And is Decatur still injured? Also, didn’t know Jordan was that better at 97 than Hoffman

It was mentioned a couple of times on the broadcast that Hoffman weighed in at 198. I still believe Jordan will be the 97 and Orndorff at HVY.

Decatur has only wrestled one match this season. D'Emilio has 41 locked down and Decatur isn't making 33. 

16 hours ago, Mphillips said:

When he went up 14 with the takedown and wasn’t in a pinning situation, the locked up riding time gave him the tech.

8 minutes ago, Sstern said:

When he went up 14 with the takedown and wasn’t in a pinning situation, the locked up riding time gave him the tech.

I understand that, but there was still over a minute left I believe. Couldn't there have been a pin by the kid that was down 14 in the time that was left?

Was it a mistake or is that a rule that I'm not aware of? 

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Decatur has only wrestled one match this season. D'Emilio has 41 locked down and Decatur isn't making 33. 

Yeah I knew D’Emilio had the 41 spot last year and Decatur was even having trouble making 33 last year…. Was just curious since Decatur best D’Emilio in the wrestle off even though wrestle offs aren’t the end all be all….. Just figured if D’Emilio didn’t wrestle 41 Decatur would, instead Klay Reeves wrestled 41 so I didn’t know if both the others were hurt

4 minutes ago, Kov88 said:

Yeah I knew D’Emilio had the 41 spot last year and Decatur was even having trouble making 33 last year…. Was just curious since Decatur best D’Emilio in the wrestle off even though wrestle offs aren’t the end all be all….. Just figured if D’Emilio didn’t wrestle 41 Decatur would, instead Klay Reeves wrestled 41 so I didn’t know if both the others were hurt

Wrestle offs don't mean a whole lot in CBUS. D'Emilio has wrestled 17 matches this season. Reeves has wrestled 17 matches at 49(mostly opens) I'm pretty certain Decatur had a surgery of some sort.

1 hour ago, Sstern said:

Yeah pretty sure you don't just assume no more points will be scored in the final 20% of the match?