1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

I hear you, but I don't think it's quite that bad yet.  Otherwise you'd have a different wrestler (or more) each period.  Then if you were ahead with less than a minute left, you'd bring in your "designated staller" to finish out.  I grew up playing a lot of baseball in the summer, and now I can't stand the game.

Reminds me of tag team wrestling when I was growing up.  We had a mattress in the basement and would tag a brother or friend when we wanted a break to keep the match going.

Might be an interesting variation to try out at an exhibition match.  You can only tag one weight up or one weight down, and you are limited in the number of times you can tag up.

Brandon Courtney 125 lb national champ....mark it dude. 

You were the guy questioning why the team with four returning NCs and two more AAs was ranked second ahead of…wait for it…ASU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, klehner said:

Injuries are pathetic?  Or do you know something nobody else knows about why Glory isn't wrestling today?

Lol they are protecting his #1 seed at all costs now. Highly doubt he wrestles against Courtney this week either but I bet he’ll miraculously be fine once the weaker EIWA opponents start popping up. Then he’ll shut it down before Vito in the regular season. 

15 minutes ago, NJW said:

Lol they are protecting his #1 seed at all costs now.

The seeding argument doesn't really make sense - remember it's not just ranking or win % that determine seeds - it's also quality wins, RPI, and other factors.

36 minutes ago, NJW said:

Lol they are protecting his #1 seed at all costs now. Highly doubt he wrestles against Courtney this week either but I bet he’ll miraculously be fine once the weaker EIWA opponents start popping up. Then he’ll shut it down before Vito in the regular season. 

Those things won't happen.  Why would the #1/2 ranked guy duck a #10?

1 hour ago, NJW said:

He’s going to need to beat Vito at EIWA’s to get the #1 seed.

Not to mention if he doesn’t wrestle against Courtney chances are Courtney will be an undefeated conference champ and have a good shot to be the #1 seed himself.

50 minutes ago, klehner said:

Those things won't happen.  Why would the #1/2 ranked guy duck a #10?

It’s happened before…

But I thought you were saying Glory was hurt?  If not, then isn’t that basically what he did today?

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

It’s happened before…

But I thought you were saying Glory was hurt?  If not, then isn’t that basically what he did today?

They announced he was injured.  I have no reason to think that isn't the case.  "Injury" could mean a number of things, but "ducking" isn't one of them.

Just now, klehner said:

They announced he was injured.  I have no reason to think that isn't the case.  "Injury" could mean a number of things, but "ducking" isn't one of them.

So are you saying Ayres won’t duck Courtney because Glory is injured?  Or do you think he’ll wrestle?

I only have issue with it due to how much both Glory and his coach chirp when guys have missed matches against them...   Guys get hurt, sick or in Glory's case they miss weight sometimes.  I get it, but when you take it public then you miss a big match--you get what your earn...  It goes both ways.