Anyone else think it is funny that the bring un a 125lber and then proceed to have 125lbers wrestle in place of their national champions at 133 and 141?

If Nick Lee was seriously injured, as I’m done for the year, BB would be in that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Le duke said:

If Nick Lee was seriously injured, as I’m done for the year, BB would be in that spot.

Not today he wouldn't.  He has been weighing in at 149lbs for 149.  He would have to wait a few weeks.

That said, I never once assumed Lee was out for good.

Byers said Kerkvliet weighed in at 237.4 which is 10lbs heavier than at the beginning of the year. Greg looks the best I have seen each week that goes by. Just getting healthier and better. What a great athlete. 10-2 after 1 period with 2:21 in RT. 20-3 TF win after 2 periods. I think Greg thought he had pinned Bullock and let up at the end. 

48 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

For those of you who like beatdowns, watch what Brooks does to DJ Washington. DJ got an initial TD, then Brooks proceeds to blister him for the next 6 minutes. By the end of that match I thought Washington might need assistance. 

Oddly enough, if Washington doesn't score that first Takedown, i bet the final score would have been closer.  Brooks flipped a switch in his brain and activated killer mode after that.

Illness, not injury

I’m responding to the poster who asked why Penn State doesn’t have a “real” 141 backup. They do, and his name is Beau Bartlett.

45 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I’m responding to the poster who asked why Penn State doesn’t have a “real” 141 backup. They do, and his name is Beau Bartlett.

I never said they didn't have one.  I just thought it a bit ironic that they have this 'curse' at 125 yet they start the dual with three straight 125lbers. 

Good point that they don't, though.  Bartlett is 149 and has been all season.  Assuming he weighed in today at 149 on the nose, it would take 4 weeks to descend properly and precisely.

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

Oddly enough, if Washington doesn't score that first Takedown, i bet the final score would have been closer.  Brooks flipped a switch in his brain and activated killer mode after that.

interesting. go watch the starocci match vs asu. he did the same kinda thing starting late 2nd/early 3rd.

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Yup. I don't even think it was the fact that DJ got the Takedown as much as the fact he rode Brooks for maybe 30 seconds. But a really interesting match because it was so obvious that Brooks had gone into seek and destroy mode.