Jrr277

Iowa vs Purdue

12 minutes ago, Mohammer said:

Best shot fake in college wrestling

otherwise just avg shots

creating on the mat is his forte 

he will definitely AA but win it? Nah

I’m aware of his style. What I’m seeing is mostly on the mental side 

I’m not going to write Eierman off just yet.

Plenty of great wrestlers go through rough patches where they just eke out a win against not great guys. They could be on the middle of a particularly rough stretch if their training cycle, he could be recovering from illness, injury, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Eirman ain't making the finals again. His style just isn't great, can't find his own points, sticky on top but not spectacular, mediocre shape...he peaked last year. 

Actually now that i think about it eierman was a better wrestler working with Brian smith at miz

13 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Man Kemerer teched Neijenhuis?  Impressive for a one-armed senior citizen.

Agree, but did you see how he limited the ref from raising his left arm? Ref raised it a little beyond 90 degrees and then turned him and raised his arm a second time, but seemed to me Alex limited him to 90 degrees the second time. Looks like there is a limit to his comfort in that shoulder.  

29 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Agree, but did you see how he limited the ref from raising his left arm? Ref raised it a little beyond 90 degrees and then turned him and raised his arm a second time, but seemed to me Alex limited him to 90 degrees the second time. Looks like there is a limit to his comfort in that shoulder.  

Haven’t watched Purdue match yet, but he was definitely favoring it in the Minnesota match.  But, he still looked a lot better than  some of their other guys…

One armed Kemerer probably isn’t winning NCAA’s unless he channels his inner Cory Clark, but he can probably still get top 4.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Haven’t watched Purdue match yet, but he was definitely favoring it in the Minnesota match.  But, he still looked a lot better than  some of their other guys…

One armed Kemerer probably isn’t winning NCAA’s unless he channels his inner Cory Clark, but he can probably still get top 4.

Yeah, I think you about right. Two healthy shoulders and the whole thing is a toss up, but if he is favoring one of them then guys like Mehki and Carter Starocci are a tough out. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Yeah, I think you about right. Two healthy shoulders and the whole thing is a toss up, but if he is favoring one of them then guys like Mehki and Carter Starocci are a tough out. 

With MKem and Mekhi they will have two good shoulders between them :)

17 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Eirman ain't making the finals again. His style just isn't great, can't find his own points, sticky on top but not spectacular, mediocre shape...he peaked last year. 

It's pretty common for boxers to get old overnight.  With all these guys who've been competing in college much longer than normal, I wonder if we'll see similar examples in wrestling.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1420213-5-boxers-who-got-old-overnight

6 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

It's pretty common for boxers to get old overnight.  With all these guys who've been competing in college much longer than normal, I wonder if we'll see similar examples in wrestling.

On a similar but positive note, take the time to closely watch Myers from VaTech. Been around 200 years and still competes with some pop.

5 hours ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

I don't think so.  We're not talking about people in their 30s, but people in the absolute physical prime of 25 or younger.  

3 minutes ago, HoundedHawk said:

I don't think so.  We're not talking about people in their 30s, but people in the absolute physical prime of 25 or younger.  

Yeah in general I dont know about that, personally I was in best shape of my life at 37.  A 35 year old just made top spot on USA 1500 speed skating, Tom Brady is what ... 42 ... seems to be doing ok.  Most certainly can be and some are but in my experience many did not know how (or weren't willing) to work hard and smart enough to achieve their prime.  Note I only said "many" and it varies some by sport.  

54 minutes ago, HoundedHawk said:

Do people realize get how much training year round from so young actually changes this dynamic 

On 1/10/2022 at 5:21 PM, ionel said:

Yeah in general I dont know about that, personally I was in best shape of my life at 37.  A 35 year old just made top spot on USA 1500 speed skating, Tom Brady is what ... 42 ... seems to be doing ok.  Most certainly can be and some are but in my experience many did not know how (or weren't willing) to work hard and smart enough to achieve their prime.  Note I only said "many" and it varies some by sport.  

Oh, I'm not talking about the age of the pinnacle of achievement.  My personal lifting bests occurred at age 37.

I'm talking about the recovery time, reflexes, metabolism, etc.  These guys under, especially under age 25, are not becoming old men in those years.  It's their prime of biology.