Sign in to follow this  
GaryAbbott

Vote for wrestling THIS WEEKEND in key poll

URGENT: Vote to keep Wrestling in the Olympics in Inside The Games poll which ends May 27

USA Wrestling and FILA are urgently asking the wrestling community worldwide to assist in an important poll about which sport should be in the Olympic Games.

Inside the Games, a leading Olympic website, is asking a simple question. Which sport do you think the IOC should vote to include on the Olympic programme for 2020?

Wrestling is up against the other seven sports who are seeking provisional Olympic status at the May 29 International Olympic Committee meeting in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Please go to this link to vote:

http://www.insidethegames.biz/polls/71- ... e-for-2020

VOTING ENDS MONDAY, MAY 27. There are only four more days left for the wrestling community to make itself heard on this issue.

As of the morning of May 24, Wrestling leads with 39.9% of the vote, with Squash close behind with 33.9% of the vote. Let’s finish strong and increase our lead on the final days of this poll!!!

IT IS IMPORTANT FOR WRESTLING TO WIN THIS POLL. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO GO TO THIS WEBSITE AND VOTE!!!

If you have already voted, it is OK for you to go back and vote again. Spend some time each day and get your vote registered!!! Vote TODAY and VOTE OFTEN, and SHARE this with your friends within wrestling.

Wrestling is in the lead but not as far in the lead as I have seen it in most of these things, we better keep voting!

Well we had almost 70% of the votes in the beginning lol and true right now they do have the "captcha" to prevent robot scripts from stuffing the ballot box but before it wasn't implemented for most of the time the poll was open. The other sports had days where they would jump in vote totals by the thousands then have no voting for days then jump by thousands again in a random few days. In contrast wrestling has been going up by approximately a steady amount over the life of the poll, much more indicative of real people voting.

ancient_history wrote:

Wrestling is in the lead but not as far in the lead as I have seen it in most...

Well we had almost 70% of the votes in the beginning lol and true right now they do have the "captcha" to prevent robot scripts from stuffing the ballot box but before it wasn't implemented for most of the time the poll was open. The other sports had days where they would jump in vote totals by the thousands then have no voting for days then jump by thousands again in a random few days. In contrast wrestling has been going up by approximately a steady amount over the life of the poll, much more indicative of real people voting.

Good post

Had no idea that squash was so "popular". It would appear to me that there is a concerted effort on behalf of squash fans to vote REPEATEDLY! I have never met a squash fan.

Pretty sad that we have so many votes. I have voted many times. I posted a request on FB for friends to vote and many have and still we only have 133,146 votes. Does this poll really mean anything? Would be nice to see fans would place a vote, would be better if our friends worldwide would also vote.

How do we spread the word if this poll actually means something?

Wrestling - 41.9% (133,146 votes)

The poll is over. Wrestling still won by over 10% of the voting even when you take into account the likelyhood of earlier cheating I raised in my previous post.

It should have been WAY more lopsided but still, when you take into account how many people involved in wrestling are older individuals (coaches, parents, etc) who may not be very computer savvy... the result is respectable.

And as others have pointed out the only thing that will likely make a real difference is the international pressure, backroom dealing, and final presentation to the IOC.