Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Kemerer vs Hidlay

Kemerer vs Hidlay  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Hidlay
    • Kemerer

Hidlay can be tough with that lefty underhook and his right grip on the upper arm on the other side yanking on that arm. Its that arm that is injured on KemDawg, and that is gonna hurt if that shoulder is still not 100 percent. 

I'll go with Hidlay. 

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Kemerer.  Stylistically I prefer this match up for him more than Mekhi.

Lewis a pretty scary style match up for anyone. He's not scary in the sense that he's great at going and getting his own points, but he's really competent on the mat and he might be the silliest guy in the NCAA to shoot on....so its not really easy to get a game plan together.

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Lewis a pretty scary style match up for anyone. He's not scary in the sense that he's great at going and getting his own points, but he's really competent on the mat and he might be the silliest guy in the NCAA to shoot on....so its not really easy to get a game plan together.

Since Lewis is new at this weight you want to see what he looks like when he rolls with some top guys. I looked at Lewis as a high HP guy at 165. does that strength translate up a weight or does he become a guy that can't  horse real good 174's. Against Smith, Mocco and Foca he was in matches that could go either way, and as good as those guys are they aren't thought to be guys who can win that weight. He looks like it won't be a problem but you never know

2 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

Since Lewis is new at this weight you want to see what he looks like when he rolls with some top guys. I looked at Lewis as a high HP guy at 165. does that strength translate up a weight or does he become a guy that can't  horse real good 174's. Against Smith, Mocco and Foca he was in matches that could go either way, and as good as those guys are they aren't thought to be guys who can win that weight. He looks like it won't be a problem but you never know

Well like Yianni, he isn't fantastic at creating separation against top guys. Only turns mediocre guys, not good enough on top to reliably end periods there, little feet to back potential, decent pace but nothing abusive...it makes him look vulnerable but that is at least slightly an illusion, he's still really really hard to beat. 

5 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

We should find out soon, as Lewis and Hidlay are both in the ACC

17 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

As opposed to 174 lb. stalwart Hayden Hidlay. ;)

12 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

As opposed to 174 lb. stalwart Hayden Hidlay. ;)

didn't claim my theory perfect.

I just thought once I. Martinez went 165 he wasn't as good as he was at 157.

Edited by JeanGuy

39 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

didn't claim my theory perfect.

I just thought once I. Martinez went 165 he wasn't as good as he was at 157.

Not sure why you'd think that.  He beat everyone at 157 both years just like he beat everyone at 165 both years.  He lost 1 match at 157 So yr just like he lost 1 match at 165 Jr year and 1 match at 165 Sr year.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Not sure why you'd think that.  He beat everyone at 157 both years just like he beat everyone at 165 both years.  He lost 1 match at 157 So yr just like he lost 1 match at 165 Jr year and 1 match at 165 Sr year.

Went 2-1 vs Nolf @ 157, 3-2 vs Joseph at 165, 1-2 vs Burroughs @ 74kg, and recently was techfalled by ice cream cones at Senior Nationals up at 97kg

1 hour ago, ionel said:

I thought he was more dynamic wrestler as a freshmen myself. I don't know if was just that amazing match with Ness or how easily he won NCAAs (tight semi with green) but when he came back as a sophmore I thought had degenerated into this muscle guy who needed an underhook...

15 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

No kidding

Carter Starocci

Michael Kemerer

Hayden Hidlay

Mikey Labriola

Ethan Smith 

I think Ethan Smith is from Maryland but you did miss Garret Nijenhuis.

9 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

I think Ethan Smith is from Maryland but you did miss Garret Nijenhuis.

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

Smith did his final two years of high school in Maryland but is actually from Latrobe from what I gather.  

Correct.  Wrestled his Fr & So year in PA then went to Maryland for Jr & Sr year