Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Howe is officially back

He was easily the most outstanding wrestler at Universities. He wrestled a catch weight above Taylor's weight, but teched his way through the tournament and made a game Storley look like a JV wrestler, teching him twice in a row. He is looking TOUGH with no signs of rust or injury.

Not surprised at all with Howe, he's one of the very best. One of my favorites of the modern day wrestlers; he's such a throwback to the "old school". I'd love to see him at 184 this year, although I think it's confirmed that he'll be at 174.

I have got to admit I am surprised not that Howe won but how good and dominating he was. He might as well of 84k like Reader did if he has the size, well at least he has the strength for sure! Right here shows he can compete with Gavin. And he would not have to cut weight. The only thing is if they cut weights and there is like 167-170 then the next weight was 198-211. No way he beats Varner and then would be forced to go back and dethrone Burroughs. Man I hope they don't cut weights. But if the do and have this:

152 Dake

167-170 Burroughs

198-201 Varner/Howe

Or

163 Brroughs

185 Howe

211 Varner

What ever happens I would like to see at least two of the fab 4 (Howe, Taylor, Dake, Burroughs) make the team

Howe was very impressive. Appeared to be firing on all cylinders, which spells trouble for anyone in his weight next season. I think a legit question now becomes if you are Chris Perry do you stay 174 or move back up to 184?

Howe was very impressive. Appeared to be firing on all cylinders, which spells trouble for anyone in his weight next season. I think a legit question now becomes if you are Chris Perry do you stay 174 or move back up to 184?

And hit Ruth? Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire. Perry should just be pleased he got it done (barely) in 2013. Barring an injury, its not happening again.

Seems like pick your poison for Perry. Do you stay at 174 and deal with Howe, Brown and Storley or do you move up to 184 and deal with Ruth. It would be tough for him to win next year at either weight but he might have a better path to the finals at 184.

Sorry for not paying enough attention-off season sports have never done it for me-but this is a freestyle tournament, right?

If not, then Howe will be an issue. If so, we'll see.

Yeah a three-time AA, one time champ and someone who has never finished below 3rd is a "we'll see" type of guy. You are absolutely the dumbest person on here and that takes a lot.

Sorry for not paying enough attention-off season sports have never done it for me-but this is a freestyle tournament, right?

Yeah a three-time AA, one time champ and someone who has never finished below 3rd is a "we'll see" type of guy. You are absolutely the dumbest person on there and that take a lot.

He is so dumb he is the dumbest person on here too ;)

Yeah a three-time AA, one time champ and someone who has never finished below 3rd is a "we'll see" type of guy. You are absolutely the dumbest person on there and that take a lot.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you weren't very well liked Ban!

I can see what you are saying though. Howe is the exception here, as he has had a ton of collegiate success, but I do see what you are saying. Every year someone will do outstanding in freestyle and suddenly they're the next NCAA champion. Then when the college season rolls around again, they don't do near as well as they're "supposed to". Scott Steele, Chad Hanke and the list goes on.

Some guys are just better freestylers than they are folkstylers and there is nothing wrong with that. Just how it is.

And that wasn't the only grammatical mistake in his post. Normally I don't much care for the grammar police, but it's always funny when mistakes are made while assailing the intelligence of others.

Here is a post of genius, folks: "You can't compare freestyle and folkstyle. Two completely different styles."-Every wrestling poster that's ever been

Here is a post of idiotness (as Bob Dole would say it):"...but this is a freestyle tournament, right? If not, then Howe will be an issue. If so, we'll see."-ban_basketball

Gotcha, geniuses! :lol:

Still awaiting my payment there chump. Be a man and write me the check.

Right. Write you a check, when you changed the conditions of the bet in midstream.

Sucker bets are my game, not yours, and why I was setting you up from the get-go.