Sign in to follow this  
Idaho

Friday Night Fights

Some good duals going on tonight. Predictions for tOSU vs Mich?  Nebraska vs Minnesota 

from @SetonHallPirate

Friday, January 14:

Franklin & Marshall at Davidson, 12:00 PM
Chattanooga vs. Virginia at Hampton, VA, 1:00 PM
Kent State vs. Maryland at Hampton, VA, 1:00 PM
Oklahoma vs. Penn at Hampton, VA, 1:00 PM
Chattanooga vs. Maryland at Hampton, VA, 3:00 PM
Kent State vs. Oklahoma at Hampton, VA, 3:00 PM
Penn vs. Virginia at Hampton, VA, 3:00 PM
Buffalo at Long Island, 5:00 PM
Franklin & Marshall vs. The Citadel at Davidson, 6:00 PM
Bucknell at Harvard, 6:00 PM
Drexel at Brown, 7:00 PM
Cleveland State at Clarion, 7:00 PM
Columbia at Lehigh, 7:00 PM
Michigan at Ohio State, 7:00 PM
Arizona State at Pittsburgh, 7:00 PM
Illinois at Rutgers, 7:00 PM
George Mason at VMI, 7:30 PM
Northern Iowa at Northern Colorado, 8:00 PM (6:00 PM)
Iowa at Northwestern, 8:00 PM (7:00 PM)
Nebraska at Minnesota, 9:00 PM (8:00 PM)
North Dakota State at Utah Valley, 9:00 PM (7:00 PM)
Iowa State at Wyoming, 9:00 PM (7:00 PM)
Little Rock at Oregon State, 10:00 PM (7:00 PM)

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

I am getting data that some of the Hampton, VA matches are off.  Wrestlesadness.  Not getting me down, just going to be glad that some wrestling goes forward.  Thinking next year will be better.

Where are you getting your data, because it's probably not accurate. As a representative of the PWA, the club that runs the Virginia Duals, here's the situation.

Penn backed out a few days ago. Lock Haven took their Friday matches. 
U.Va. had some personnel issues with COVID, they brought their guys, wrestling in their scheduled spots, but the dual meets themselves will not count, the matches will (treated like ECM)
South Dakota State is flying in for Saturday to fill out the Saturday holes created by Penn's departure. 
ECM's are wrestled most, if not all, college sessions. 

On the American College side, Emory & Henry had to back out. We were unable to back fill that one spot in the American College Division, so Kutztown had a first-round bye. 

The club has been as flexible and fluid as possible, modifying HS brackets, taking teams at the last minute, accommodating whatever we can to make sure wrestling keeps moving forward. 

Thanks for clarification.  Saw the above post with date from SetonHall and was going to see if the Oklahoma match against Penn was streaming somewhere.  Went to the Penn page and it showed cancelled.  Glad they are still wrestling there and otherwise - will have BTN+ and ESPN+ screens on tonight.  Let go!

3 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

Where are you getting your data, because it's probably not accurate. As a representative of the PWA, the club that runs the Virginia Duals, here's the situation.

Penn backed out a few days ago. Lock Haven took their Friday matches. 
U.Va. had some personnel issues with COVID, they brought their guys, wrestling in their scheduled spots, but the dual meets themselves will not count, the matches will (treated like ECM)
South Dakota State is flying in for Saturday to fill out the Saturday holes created by Penn's departure. 
ECM's are wrestled most, if not all, college sessions. 

On the American College side, Emory & Henry had to back out. We were unable to back fill that one spot in the American College Division, so Kutztown had a first-round bye. 

The club has been as flexible and fluid as possible, modifying HS brackets, taking teams at the last minute, accommodating whatever we can to make sure wrestling keeps moving forward. 

Abolutely - full credit to them and did not intend to suggest anything to the contrary. 

1 hour ago, SignificantACCBias said:

Wth is this even the answer to? What's the best lineup we could make for Arizona State, using only wrestlers that don't wrestle for Arizona State?

Cael Valencia doesn't wrestle for Arizona State?

Munoz was there last year so I threw him in there.

I didn't think it would upset you so much.  My apologies.

12 minutes ago, ChicagoHawk said:

How often does a team lose 6 matches to 4 and still win.   Like Pitt v asu yesterday.   3 pins and a stall dq ironically in the seemingly 4 matches where no one was in the top 33.  

How often does a team get pinned three times + stalled out once and still win the dual?

16 minutes ago, ChicagoHawk said:

How often does a team lose 6 matches to 4 and still win.   Like Pitt v asu yesterday.   3 pins and a stall dq ironically in the seemingly 4 matches where no one was in the top 33.  

One thing I have learned over the Zeke Jones years is ASU will find a way to lose.

Just now, Idaho said:

Is Covid why they were missing 2 starters? 

Well there were 6 weights missing in previous dual, covid issue.  We don't know which team had the issue in which weights.  We do know positive covid cases are a problem right now on college campuses and athletic teams.  

On 1/15/2022 at 11:10 AM, ChicagoHawk said:

How often does a team lose 6 matches to 4 and still win.   Like Pitt v asu yesterday.

Was thinking the same.  Haven’t seen that in some time (I review all the dual results).

Now that I said that, it has probably happened recently.