Bardamu911

Brandon Courtney v Patrick Glory

20 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Monday vs Teemer could be a great match

I'm looking forward to that one big time! It's so hard to get excited for potential matchups anymore with so much lineup shuffling (duck hunting) going on, but this dual has some great ones on paper. 

Norfleet v Stout at 197 looks good too but is Kordell even wrestling today? Its so frustrating not to know this stuff. Nobody's goign into today's NFL playoffs like gee I sure hope Tom Brady is playing today. Why do wrestling fans have to do that?? grrrrrr.

Edited by Bardamu911

10 minutes ago, Bardamu911 said:

I'm looking forward to that one big time! It's so hard to get excited for potential matchups anymore with so much lineup shuffling (duck hunting) going on, but this dual has some great ones on paper. 

Norfleet v Stout at 197 looks good too but is Kordell even wrestling today? Its so frustrating not to know this stuff. Nobody's goign into today's NFL playoffs like gee I sure hope Tom Brady is playing today. Why do wrestling fans have to do that?? grrrrrr.

Yeah, the Norfleet match was another one I wanted  to see...but my hopes are dashed with him not wrestling Friday. He was listed but obviously didnt' go. I am also wondering about the 141 situation. It could be easy like COVID or injury...but we know what happened last year with Chlebove. Is it a legit weight that is up for grabs or is it just the backup going. 

13 minutes ago, Idaho said:

but we know what happened last year with Chlebove. 

refresh my memory here please? 

this year Vasquez just seems head and shoulders above Chelbove so its frustrating that he's not always out there 

ASU just has no depth at all...I don't think one of our unranked guys have even gotten a W at all this year. We've 8 all American candidates surrounded by a JuCo team. Any injuries and we're screwed, as we saw against Pitt and possibly here against Princeton. 

Edited by Bardamu911

On 1/14/2022 at 3:41 PM, RegularStalling said:

Brandon Courtney via forfeit, book it. On a serious note, seemed like Princeton had a bit of momentum going before the pandemic. Seems like outside of Glory and Monday they’re back to square 1.

This didn't age well at all.

2 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Didn’t at all. In all fairness this dual isn’t close with Vasquez/Norfleet in the lineup. Likely a 15 point swing. No excuse for ASUs lack of depth though. 

The growth of Lack of Depth in general has been a problem for all but the tippy top programs. And it’s been getting worse. In hs and college. Covid just exposed it. 

The reasons why are many. But the real problem is that if one was to have honest conversations .. way too many people get butthurt or act like wrestling is still in a position to be entitled to what the big sports have 

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

Monday vs Teemer could be a great match

I can't recall a match with that much stalling. They went for minutes on their feet without shooting or even tying up. But I don't think either was dinged. 

43 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I can't recall a match with that much stalling. They went for minutes on their feet without shooting or even tying up. But I don't think either was dinged. 

Yep - A letdown for what could have been a great offensive match. But it is true that at least they wrestled.