Bardamu911

Brandon Courtney v Patrick Glory

8 hours ago, Gambatte said:

Glory wins 12-6!

4 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Stop it. He beat him down. Glory took the 3rd off.

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I didn't see the match. Did anyone get the impression Courtney would win a "next" match between these two?

6 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I'm not sure if you're being funny or serious...

"Anyone" doesn't point to you, Mphillips.

Courtney has gotten some hype on this board, but I never thought he'd beat Glory and said as much in this thread. But I did not see the match. I can read and see that you don't think he'd lose to Courtney, but maybe someone else feels otherwise, which is why I asked. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Courtney has gotten some hype on this board, but I never thought he'd beat Glory and said as much in this thread. But I did not see the match. I can read and see that you don't think he'd lose to Courtney, but maybe someone else feels otherwise, which is why I asked. 

Apologies for the response...

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

How could I be so blind baby

Just now, Mphillips said:

No worries. You know how people can get around these parts. They get wedded to an idea and nothing will ever change their mind. I am in the camp that says Courtney got 2nd last year partly because no Suriano, Arujau or Glory, but what do I know. 

3 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

No worries. You know how people can get around these parts. They get wedded to an idea and nothing will ever change their mind. I am in the camp that says Courtney got 2nd last year partly because no Suriano, Arujau or Glory, but what do I know. 

Love can be a sweet thing

10 hours ago, klehner said:

Princeton only gives a "Tentative Probables" for their entire lineup (can they hedge any more than that?).  I guess they've learned a lesson.

Wouldn't "Tentative Probables" be somewhat redundantly in a way saying the same thing twice, so to speak?

Princeton ought to know better.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

I am in the same camp and would add that along with Courtney there will be many guys who AA last year that won't see the podium this year if we have a full slate of teams going in March. 

To answer your question...I don't see Courtney winning a re-match... I thought today's match would be closer, but he was manhandled. He looked gassed in the 3rd because of either the cut or still not in shape from the time off. The dual is on ESPN+ to rewatch. 

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I am in the same camp and would add that along with Courtney there will be many guys who AA last year that won't see the podium this year if we have a full slate of teams going in March. 

To answer your question...I don't see Courtney winning a re-match... I thought today's match would be closer, but he was manhandled. He looked gassed in the 3rd because of either the cut or still not in shape from the time off. The dual is on ESPN+ to rewatch. 

Thanks for the description.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Thanks for the description.

I should clarify that Glory looked gassed in the 3rd because of his cut or just getting back into shape. He was up 10-2 -had a couple of sets of back points and a couple takedowns.  looked a lot bigger and stronger. 

McGee looked really good this weekend. It will be interesting to see what happens next year with Figs and Courtney and McGee sitting at 133. BTW... Where has Figs been? Has he even wrestled this season in any opens? I don't think I have seen his name pop up at all. 

14 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I didn't see the match. Did anyone get the impression Courtney would win a "next" match between these two?

I wouldn't pick him, but I'd give Courtney a maybe 20% chance to take a rematch this year? The match was decided with Glory in top position, Courtney could not stay off his back in multiple periods. There are obvious adjustments to be made, like focusing on weathering the first-period storm and staying off bottom. But Princeton will make adjustments too

2 hours ago, SignificantACCBias said:

I wouldn't pick him, but I'd give Courtney a maybe 20% chance to take a rematch this year? The match was decided with Glory in top position, Courtney could not stay off his back in multiple periods. There are obvious adjustments to be made, like focusing on weathering the first-period storm and staying off bottom. But Princeton will make adjustments too

Having now watched the match my impression is that Glory was able to get those back points fairly easily. Too easily against someone who is a 2nd ranked type guy.

On the other hand, gassing is gassing. My guess is Princeton will have him in better shape come tournament time. 

Edited by TBar1977

They won’t meet again until Glory gets to drink and eat, so I think the gas issues are overblown. If a sucked out Glory can do what he did to Courtney, I’m picking him 100% of the time and betting money on it with several hours to rehydrate.

Courtney is good, but he will never come close to making the finals again.

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Having now watched the match my impression is that Glory was able to get those back points fairly easily. Too easily against someone who is a 2nd ranked type guy.

On the other hand, gassing is gassing. My guess is Princeton will have him in better shape come tournament time. 

But it was a "beat down," correct?  ;)

They won’t meet again until Glory gets to drink and eat, so I think the gas issues are overblown. If a sucked out Glory can do what he did to Courtney, I’m picking him 100% of the time and betting money on it with several hours to rehydrate.
Courtney is good, but he will never come close to making the finals again.
You don't think it could be Glory-Courtney in the 3/6 quarterfinal right off the scale?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I thought it would be closer. After Glory's yo-yo performances at CKLV and with rumors of an injury, I legitimately thought this was a toss-up. Whoops. Courtney is squarely in the next tier