Sign in to follow this  
BuckyBadger

Where can I easily see results?

Is there a free website where I can find dual results? Intermat used to have a results section which I don’t see anymore. Flo seems to have results behind a paywall, unless I’m clicking in the wrong place. Are there any sites where I can easily access results?

If not the team website the next option for finding multiple teams maybe. wrestlingstat it will include individual and dual information. Just takes a little time for it to get updated ans then a few clicks to find it.  

Edited by MadMardigain

If I'm at a dual meet, I dont bother with picking up a program, I just pull up WS on my smart phone.  No idea why Flo bought trackwrestling instead of WS, although if they had probably would have ruined it.  Track & Flo are both terrible UX while WS is so easy to use to find info.  :)

Edited by ionel

You can also just go to track wrestling.com under the NCAA college season. Intermat used to have the results for D1 only at the top which was a link to Track - made it easy. But now they don't have it. Along with HS rankings...gone. 

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

You can also just go to track wrestling.com under the NCAA college season. Intermat used to have the results for D1 only at the top which was a link to Track - made it easy. But now they don't have it. Along with HS rankings...gone. 

Where do you see NCAA college season under their menu structure?

21 minutes ago, ionel said:

If I'm at a dual meet, I dont bother with picking up a program, I just pull up WS on my smart phone.  No idea why Flo bought trackwrestling instead of WS, although if they had probably would have ruined it.  Track & Flo are both terrible UX while WS is so easy to use to find info.  :)

Making people buy the year Flo subscription to watch any event on Track will make them more money than people checking wrestlestat for results.  

4 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Making people buy the year Flo subscription to watch any event on Track will make them more money than people checking wrestlestat for results.  

They could have used the WS as a template to build a usable web page and app instead of the impossible to navigate Flo & Track.  Its not just a results thing. 

49 minutes ago, ionel said:

Where do you see NCAA college season under their menu structure?

Trackwrestling.com

Browse ---- Seasons----2021-22 Men ---- NCAA (you can also choose other levels)

Bookmark so you don't have to keep going through the 5 steps 

Edited by Idaho

Just now, Idaho said:

Trackwrestling.com

Only five steps. Couldn't be any easier... :)

ps - Track is the last place I go. Never have been a fan.

2 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Only five steps. Couldn't be any easier... :)

ps - Track is the last place I go. Never have been a fan.

I wasn't saying it's great.... I was just explaining how to get there... before wrestle stat and Flo there was track.... hard to stop old habits I guess... probably should upgrade from my dial up and atari while I am at it. 

Edited by Idaho

42 minutes ago, ionel said:

They could have used the WS as a template to build a usable web page and app instead of the impossible to navigate Flo & Track.  Its not just a results thing. 

General improvements of Flo website and App takes a backseat to them acquiring as much of the streaming market share as possible.  Flo has shown they are mostly fine with people having to make multiple clicks to access content as long as those people have already paid the years fee for the content.  People complain but they still go to it since it’s their only access point to most HS and international content along with a little college content too.  With few established competitors right now their is need for less improvements. And currently outside the realm of college conferences and ESPN college content their isn’t as much competition with Track now under let their wing.  We will see if a few other newer sources eventually rise up, but it’s not there now. 

Edited by MadMardigain

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

I wasn't saying it's great.... I was just explaining how to get there... before wrestle stat and Flo there was track.... hard to stop old habits I guess. 

I understand and track was terrible then too. I put a smiley face thingy at the end of my comment. Doesn't that mean anything... : )

10 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Trackwrestling.com

I'm assuming you mean bookmark your browser?  I think I've use browser before (they have the same symbol as search even though it doesn't do the same as search) can get to tournaments that way too but I've generally used Event.  Its about an 8 to 10 step process to get to a tournament bracket, 5 steps to get to college results.  :(  Track has been around a long time and no improvement.  Flo bought it and no improvement and Flo app, website same issues.

My point on buying something like WS is when a tech buys another tech company you are generally buying the patents, copy rights, people skills, or market etc.  Flo know has 2 bad products maybe gained some market but if interested in college wrestling you don't want to go thru 5 to 10 steps to get past all the youth HS wrestling.  No other app i use requires all this nonsense..  They seem to not even look at or care that most out there are starting with (and updating) around a similar/standard UX.  No doubt many have tried to help them move in a better direction for the sake of improved wrestling coverage and that seem not to want to budge.  :(

49 minutes ago, ionel said:

I'm assuming you mean bookmark your browser?  I think I've use browser before (they have the same symbol as search even though it doesn't do the same as search) can get to tournaments that way too but I've generally used Event.  Its about an 8 to 10 step process to get to a tournament bracket, 5 steps to get to college results.  :(  Track has been around a long time and no improvement.  Flo bought it and no improvement and Flo app, website same issues.

My point on buying something like WS is when a tech buys another tech company you are generally buying the patents, copy rights, people skills, or market etc.  Flo know has 2 bad products maybe gained some market but if interested in college wrestling you don't want to go thru 5 to 10 steps to get past all the youth HS wrestling.  No other app i use requires all this nonsense..  They seem to not even look at or care that most out there are starting with (and updating) around a similar/standard UX.  No doubt many have tried to help them move in a better direction for the sake of improved wrestling coverage and that seem not to want to budge.  :(

Yep - I wouldn't disagree... 

I also use track a lot for the HS tournaments - I like to follow stuff in the Northwest and follow guys Oregon State has recruited. It makes it nice to be able to do that. I am not aware of another platform that high schools  use for their tournaments (FLO of course for the bigger tournaments). Track seems to have the inside "track" on HS in general... pun intended. 

I also recommend using and contributing to Wrestlestat. it is a great product and extremely useful. 

At some point FloArena and Trackwrestling will become one product that hopefully combines all the good qualities of both existing products with none of the bad, plus some nice new features. It takes time, money and people but all three are being deployed as I type!