6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Idk if anyone noticed but Shane Griffith took the mat for the first time since 12/03 and wrestled 174, if he’s planning on staying at the weight it makes 174 even crazier 

I wouldn't read too much into that, it was Little Rock, their 174 might be their best wrestler.  Griffith prob just looking for competition.  

10 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Idk if anyone noticed but Shane Griffith took the mat for the first time since 12/03 and wrestled 174, if he’s planning on staying at the weight it makes 174 even crazier 

I WOULD read a lot into that because Griffith wrestled at 174 lbs last night and they had Tony Williams (who hasn't competed at all for Stanford since the 2018-2019 season - at 141 and 149 lbs and isn't even listed on the WrestleStat roster for Stanford) take Griffith's spot at 165 lbs.   Williams was thoroughly dominated 11-0 by Little Rock's Tyler Brennan.  He didn't score even ONE point in that match last night.

And because Griffith wrestled at 174 lbs Tyler Eischens was also moved up a weight class to 184 lbs.

I'm thinking Griffith was at 174 lbs because that's where he plans to be for the rest of the season.   He's already lost to Wick of Cal Poly at 165 lbs (6-2) and in addition to Wick there is also Anthony Valencia of ASU at 165 lbs (who beat Griffith last season).  Griffith moves up to 174 lbs and - just from the perspective of the PAC 12 conference - Griffith is automatically the # 1 guy at 174 lbs in the PAC 12.  Currently the # 1 guy in the PAC 12 at 174 lbs is Little Rock's Triston Wills - who Griffith beat last night 5-1.

23 minutes ago, Le duke said:

He’s likely the 5th best guy at 174. If that. Weird move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d take him over dinged up Kem and undersized Hidley , and I think him and Mehki could wrestle 20 times and everyone of them would be a one takedown match, and Starocci wrestles a lot of top guys close so I wouldn’t be shocked if Griffith won a close one against him