Jump to content
hammerlockthree

Why didn't Lee wrestle Rivera

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, portajohn said:

It was mentioned Monday on BWI, they announced it on psu's twitter page, and the crew on espn mentioned it

I don't know BWI is beside the baltimore airport, what twitter page specifically please, I don't care what the crew says, Pyles' love affair with suriano has bankrupted my faith in that avenue. 

I'm not trying to be stubborn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, portajohn said:

The official PSU twitter page

 

why was that announced today and not last week?

but whatever fair enough, this could go on all night.  The ducking question is a hot button issue on here despite the fact that I don't think any coaches are above it. 

 

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

why was that announced today and not last week?

but whatever fair enough, this could go on all night.  The ducking question is a hot button issue on here despite the fact that I don't think any coaches are above it. 

 

So a dominant returning champ misses two matches that directly line up with a Covid protocol. Both matches missed are against people he’s beat multiple times. 
 

Nick Lee has barely missed any matches over his career and loves competing. You’re grasping pathetically at any chance to talk **** about the athletes and coaches. Then acting like the normal tight lipped way college coaches are about injuries is suddenly shocking and suspicious. 
 

I know you probably won’t read this next part because you quite literally duck from the prospect of reading too much. 
 

Do you actually understand how lucky we are to even have a season? Like actually comprehend.  How amazing it is that we’ve only had a couple ASUvMICH type duals in DI? There are hs teams in red states.. much less the usually more strict blue ones who haven’t practiced more than once or twice in the last 2-4 weeks. I could go on but I think a lot of people aren’t comprehending the simple fact that this season having NCAAS for the second year in a row will be a pretty significant achievement. 
 

Do I like the ducking? No. But if it’s a choice between having an actual NCAAs and a couple dual matchups. Choice is obvious. The way you’ve gone out of your way to accuse every athlete and coach of ducking then selectively use the timing of press releases as justification is asinine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jp157 said:

So a dominant returning champ misses two matches that directly line up with a Covid protocol. Both matches missed are against people he’s beat multiple times. 
 

Nick Lee has barely missed any matches over his career and loves competing. You’re grasping pathetically at any chance to talk **** about the athletes and coaches. Then acting like the normal tight lipped way college coaches are about injuries is suddenly shocking and suspicious. 
 

I know you probably won’t read this next part because you quite literally duck from the prospect of reading too much. 
 

Do you actually understand how lucky we are to even have a season? Like actually comprehend.  How amazing it is that we’ve only had a couple ASUvMICH type duals in DI? There are hs teams in red states.. much less the usually more strict blue ones who haven’t practiced more than once or twice in the last 2-4 weeks. I could go on but I think a lot of people aren’t comprehending the simple fact that this season having NCAAS for the second year in a row will be a pretty significant achievement. 
 

Do I like the ducking? No. But if it’s a choice between having an actual NCAAs and a couple dual matchups. Choice is obvious. The way you’ve gone out of your way to accuse every athlete and coach of ducking then selectively use the timing of press releases as justification is asinine 

My grandson's high school just went remote this past Wednesday.   >5% Positive tests.  It is about 30 miles from PSU.

We're lucky to have anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jp157 said:

So a dominant returning champ misses two matches that directly line up with a Covid protocol. Both matches missed are against people he’s beat multiple times. 
 

Nick Lee has barely missed any matches over his career and loves competing. You’re grasping pathetically at any chance to talk **** about the athletes and coaches. Then acting like the normal tight lipped way college coaches are about injuries is suddenly shocking and suspicious. 
 

I know you probably won’t read this next part because you quite literally duck from the prospect of reading too much. 
 

Do you actually understand how lucky we are to even have a season? Like actually comprehend.  How amazing it is that we’ve only had a couple ASUvMICH type duals in DI? There are hs teams in red states.. much less the usually more strict blue ones who haven’t practiced more than once or twice in the last 2-4 weeks. I could go on but I think a lot of people aren’t comprehending the simple fact that this season having NCAAS for the second year in a row will be a pretty significant achievement. 
 

Do I like the ducking? No. But if it’s a choice between having an actual NCAAs and a couple dual matchups. Choice is obvious. The way you’ve gone out of your way to accuse every athlete and coach of ducking then selectively use the timing of press releases as justification is asinine 

this post is too long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

My grandson's high school just went remote this past Wednesday.   >5% Positive tests.  It is about 30 miles from PSU.

We're lucky to have anything.

Whatever one’s opinion of the Chicago teachers Union. They had 50-60% attendance when they did the whole strike/lockout or whatever it was.

Several states are considering enforcing vaccine requirements instead of letting kids pick between just weekly testing or the vax. Mainly to lower liability. 
 

I am utterly amazed DI is still running so smoothly 

 

EDIT: vaccine requirement for athletics 

Edited by jp157

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

My grandson's high school just went remote this past Wednesday.   >5% Positive tests.  It is about 30 miles from PSU.

We're lucky to have anything.

Central Mountain is relatively close to State College and they had to cancel Escape The Rock Tournament this weekend. Too Much Covid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

I went back and read it all and found out you are a covid maniac.....great use of my time.

What part of me saying that we’re lucky to have a season because of a bunch of people are testing positive and shutting down teams… makes me a “Covid maniac”.. how the hell does me explaining the reality of the situation in any way do that? At all. School admins are getting skittish like the one dude just gave an example of.. 

Hell, I’ll lose my teams season if they do the vaccinated only can play in my state. Considering I flat out told my athletes that they either sign up to test weekly or get vaxxed but the decision is them and their families.. I actually had staff mad at me.. 

but hey, quack your way out by changing the topic. Pathetic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jp157 said:

What part of me saying that we’re lucky to have a season because of a bunch of people are testing positive and shutting down teams… makes me a “Covid maniac”.. how the hell does me explaining the reality of the situation in any way do that? At all. School admins are getting skittish like the one dude just gave an example of.. 

Hell, I’ll lose my teams season if they do the vaccinated only can play in my state. Considering I flat out told my athletes that they either sign up to test weekly or get vaxxed but the decision is them and their families.. I actually had staff mad at me.. 

but hey, quack your way out by changing the topic. Pathetic 

you don't have a point because I already said "fair enough" in good faith 3 times in this topic. 

Your premise is false.

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

you don't have a point because I already said "fair enough" in good faith 3 times in this topic. 

Your premise is false.

You just accused me of being a “Covid maniac” because I explained the reality of the current situation. Not what I believe. What is actually going on. You used it to quack out of the topic. I replied before you said fair enough anyway. 
 

You using me explaining hs teams have been out and admins are getting skittish as an excuse to call me that was pathetic. Period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that Meredith isn’t Lee, but Rivera seems to be firing on all cylinders. I watched Rivera quite a bit all the way through high school and he’s continually improved year in and year out. Hoping he can take it this year. 
 

RBY, Starocci and Brooks are near locks to repeat. Wow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jp157 said:

You just accused me of being a “Covid maniac” because I explained the reality of the current situation. Not what I believe. What is actually going on. You used it to quack out of the topic. I replied before you said fair enough anyway. 
 

You using me explaining hs teams have been out and admins are getting skittish as an excuse to call me that was pathetic. Period

My position is that it's possible admins stepped in and took him out of the dual, but i think its more likely he was being protected by his coaches. whats yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

My position is that it's possible admins stepped in and took him out of the dual, but i think its more likely he was being protected by his coaches. whats yours?

Admin forced it.. We’re not talking about a crippled Spencer Lee. We’re talking about someone who minutes after winning his title was talking about going to Olympic trials and went and wrestled well. 
 

Additionally. Lee does extremely well in rematches and almost always builds on the previous score or avenges losses… why would the coaches “protect” their athlete that benefits from more “at bats” than less. Nothing about how PSU has operated backs your belief

Youre obsessed with your little narrative of saying every single person is ducking instead of actually looking at basic things like athlete and program history.

Way to side step out of admitting what you said about me was bull ****. Way to quack out

Edited by jp157

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jp157 said:

Admin forced it.. We’re not talking about a crippled Spencer Lee. We’re talking about someone who minutes after winning his title was talking about going to Olympic trials and went and wrestled well. 
 

Additionally. Lee does extremely well in rematches and almost always builds on the previous score or avenges losses… why would the coaches “protect” their athlete that benefits from more “at bats” than less. Nothing about how PSU has operated backs your belief

Youre obsessed with your little narrative of saying every single person is ducking instead of actually looking at basic things like athlete and program history.

Way to side step out of admitting what you said about me was bull ****. Way to quack out

get me out of your head man, its flattering but I don't enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammerlockthree said:

get me out of your head man, its flattering but I don't enjoy it.

Being in head has nothing to do with it. You said a lie and deliberately took me explaining the current situation as something else. 
 

You also again just quacked out. Because you don’t really have a reply asides from “well I think it’s a duck cause I said so”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Central Mountain is relatively close to State College and they had to cancel Escape The Rock Tournament this weekend. Too Much Covid. 

Bingo.  That's his school.

Only about a mile from The Ice Shack.  I reference all locations to ice cream stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...