2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Bartlett match was frustrating. Only TD, he gets off his feet on that cutback which cost him, and then the several near TDs that almost but not quite converted. 

Good starting point for Berge. Looked a little rusty on finishes, but looked great on some crisp shots.

Brooks on another level. Amine still looms. 

Nice fight in Max Dean.

Everyone knows Kerkvliet is an athlete, but he is also seemingly really strong. Post left hand on mat and then use right arm to ust fold up the RU Hwt like an accordian.  Nice. 

Ummmm.. Tbar.. buddy. I actually double checked to make sure before posting this. You do know that in a cross face cradle. You aren’t just “using your arm” to “fold up” your opponent.. in fact asides from the grip strength to hold the cross face.. it’s a position and technique move… they teach that in middle school wrestling.. 

That snippet revealed a lot buddy. Head pat

31 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Ummmm.. Tbar.. buddy. I actually double checked to make sure before posting this. You do know that in a cross face cradle. You aren’t just “using your arm” to “fold up” your opponent.. in fact asides from the grip strength to hold the cross face.. it’s a position and technique move… they teach that in middle school wrestling.. 

That snippet revealed a lot buddy. Head pat

i for one am shocked tbar doesn’t have a strong understanding of what he’s watching

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

i for one am shocked tbar doesn’t have a strong understanding of what he’s watching

I’m officially embarrassed I got sucked into his stalling argument. I always figured he was a typical wannabe tuff guy wrestling dad who quit in hs. But what he just said.. that’s like PTA mom watching first match ignorant

18 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Screenshot-20220116-212046-You-Tube.jpg

Looks like 2 to me. Barlett behind, and Van Brills hands on the mat with 3.8 seconds remaining. No reaction time required.

I don't know the context here but it's only an "auto"-two if they had just been in a rear standing and then Rutgers went to a hand down.

11 hours ago, flyingcement said:

as a person who also has thinning hair and has for years - sometimes it's just trying to figure out which looks least ugly.  and it can be hard to figure out.  

I have a  full head of hair, but I've used that same thought process for years.

13 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I mean... Shawver seems grossly underrated, fwiw.  Guy is lights out.

Berge at 165.  Poor Edsell.

Shawver may be needed to be added to the volatility team.  Beats McKee in his first varsity match at B10’s last year, lost to Lehigh’s backup this year.

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Shawver may be needed to be added to the volatility team.  Beats McKee in his first varsity match at B10’s last year, lost to Lehigh’s backup this year.

Most of the B1G 125lbers could be on the team.  They seem to beat each other up.

8 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Screenshot-20220116-212046-You-Tube.jpg

Looks like 2 to me. Barlett behind, and Van Brills hands on the mat with 3.8 seconds remaining. No reaction time required.

as dumb as it is, they have defined that rule so that it only applies when bartlett is already rear standing and then van brill’s hand touches. totally useless rule now because that isn’t really the situation everybody wanted it for. in the logical application of the rule, this should be two, but the correct application is that there is still reaction time.