hammerlockthree

Cassioppi weight

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

I was told by someone that cassioppi is all jacked because he lost a bunch of weight, as opposed to doing other things.

Anyone have any information to substantiate the claim?

Bronco knows.

Whoops ... wrong coast/region ... Dan, JC ... ?

Edited by ionel

Supposedly he is just as strong, but is now faster.  Or at least that is what they were projecting out of the Hawkeye camp over the summer.

Someone like Vak will need to provide expertise on this, though 

9 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

all he did was lose 20 lbs. didn’t add any muscle. just ate at a deficit and shed fat. it’s not even a crazy transformation. 

What was Cass weighing in at last year? He was a real bully with all that size 

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Supposedly he is just as strong, but is now faster.  Or at least that is what they were projecting out of the Hawkeye camp over the summer.

Someone like Vak will need to provide expertise on this, though 

Faster is good, but probably won't help if you have 250+ lbs of humanity on top of you.  And probably won't help as much as another 30 lbs if you're on top.

I'm wondering...How many heavyweights have tried to lose weight except if they needed to get under the max?  I've always thought the big boys have their own laws of Physics, maybe until Steveson anyway.

Poor Cassioppi, he did all that work off season and Gable still increased the gap.
At least he's trying stuff. Problem is "the other guy" might be the best heavy ever, and there's just no way to close that talent gap, since Gable is at least as hard a worker.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

Faster is good, but probably won't help if you have 250+ lbs of humanity on top of you.  And probably won't help as much as another 30 lbs if you're on top.

I'm wondering...How many heavyweights have tried to lose weight except if they needed to get under the max?  I've always thought the big boys have their own laws of Physics, maybe until Steveson anyway.

Yeah, it probably didnt' help his chances with Gable... Someone mentioned on the board that Nevills had to lose some weight to get down after playing football for PSU this year. Only about 20 lbs though. I don't know the big boy laws of physics, but I do know that as a 134-142lber that losing 3-4 in a practice was great...then our big guys guys would lose 7-10 a practice. Jerks. 

46 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

At least he's trying stuff. Problem is "the other guy" might be the best heavy ever, and there's just no way to close that talent gap, since Gable is at least as hard a worker.

But, there really is "another" other guy in Parris.  Let's see if this helps Cass move any better, especially in the dump position that Parris has beat up on him pretty badly with.  If he can beat Parris, than I guess it would make it all worth it.  However, losing 10-15 percent of his bodyweight inarguably has lost him leverage.  I simply can't imagine that he has gained enough strength in the process to offset that leverage.  This makes me nervous that he has lost his key advantage over Kerkvliet or even some of the next tier guys like Hillger and Wood.  Also, this Hendrickson fellow out of Air Force looks really good.

I sincerely hope this "vision quest" of sorts doesn't backfire a bit against guys he has pretty much owned so far...

51 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

But, there really is "another" other guy in Parris.  Let's see if this helps Cass move any better, especially in the dump position that Parris has beat up on him pretty badly with.  If he can beat Parris, than I guess it would make it all worth it.  However, losing 10-15 percent of his bodyweight inarguably has lost him leverage.  I simply can't imagine that he has gained enough strength in the process to offset that leverage.  This makes me nervous that he has lost his key advantage over Kerkvliet or even some of the next tier guys like Hillger and Wood.  Also, this Hendrickson fellow out of Air Force looks really good.

I sincerely hope this "vision quest" of sorts doesn't backfire a bit against guys he has pretty much owned so far...

Agree.... Add Shultz to the list as well - He will have a hard time moving him around with his size and upper body greco skills. 

58 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

No way wood or Hilger ever beats cass, they just aren’t skilled enough on their feet and I don’t see hilger riding or turning cass unless cass drops another 40 pounds

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

No way wood or Hilger ever beats cass, they just aren’t skilled enough on their feet and I don’t see hilger riding or turning cass unless cass drops another 40 pounds

I didn't say I didn't think he was still better.  But, his leverage, especially on top was a big advantage that I don't think should be understated.  Take that away and I do think they both could play the heavyweight game and maybe steal a 3-2 type match.  On top of that, let's not forget that Hillger can ride and a smaller Cass is more open to the leg ride that Hillger does use.

Now, I wouldn't predict either over him.  Hell, I still wouldn't predict Schultz or Kerkvliet over him.  I am just worried that the body change in hopes of catching Steveson and/or Parris didn't help him with those guys chasing relatively close behind him...

NCAA predictions

1. Gable

2. Parris

3. Schultz

4. Hendrickson

5. Kerkvliet

6. Hillger

7. Cassioppi 

8. AJ Nevills (someone unexpected always seems to slide in at 8 because of a upset or draw)

I think CASS will struggle at NCAAs against smaller athletic heavy’s. He would be 3-4 if he was still big

5 hours ago, VakAttack said:

He tried some stuff in the off season but didn't do anything in the actual match. 2 half shot attempts that were immediately countered and a couple of fakes. He looked mentally beat before they shook hands. 

He tried some stuff in the off season but didn't do anything in the actual match. 2 half shot attempts that were immediately countered and a couple of fakes. He looked mentally beat before they shook hands. 
I agree. Along with the skill disparity, there appears to be a mental thing also. Hard to see how he'd ever even make it competitive.

Losing the weights hasn’t made him any faster either. So you are the same speed, probably not as strong and lose 30 lbs for your opponent to carry. Contrary to what Wes Hand did before his Sr year, he said he put 20 lbs on and closed the gap with Brock a ton.

9 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

NCAA predictions

1. Gable

2. Parris

3. Schultz

4. Hendrickson

5. Kerkvliet

6. Hillger

7. Cassioppi 

8. AJ Nevills (someone unexpected always seems to slide in at 8 because of a upset or draw)

I think CASS will struggle at NCAAs against smaller athletic heavy’s. He would be 3-4 if he was still big

This is an absolutely silly prediction