Sign in to follow this  
southend

MSU at Indiana

This will be a lopsided affair but some interesting matches, Foley, ms-  Hudkins iu . Looks like a win for Foley but Hudkins is a good wrestler, not completely back from his season ending injury at the midlands last year but we will see. Also Washington iu-malczewski ms looks like a good one. 3:30 match time today. 

13 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

I don’t think Indiana could field a good team even if the coaches were John Smith, Cael Sanderson, Brian Smith and Tom Brands

The recruits just aren’t coming to the Hoosiers room.And thinking about this, you make a jest statement ,but Indiana needs just that. A salesman.  Knowing this wasn’t a strong point in Angel’s box. A high profile assistant might be in order to get the team to the next level. 

I think this absolutely is a close dual, or has the makings of what could be one.

125-157 do have favorites, but could go either way.  Same can be said for 174, 184 and 285.

I will obviously be rooting for Sparty, but I know this isn't a pushover or easy win for them.

30 minutes ago, southend said:

The recruits just aren’t coming to the Hoosiers room.And thinking about this, you make a jest statement ,but Indiana needs just that. A salesman.  Knowing this wasn’t a strong point in Angel’s box. A high profile assistant might be in order to get the team to the next level. 

I’m not sure a salesman in itself will do it.  The proof is in the results.  Recruits will start taking more interest in a school that is shown to develop talent and has solid practice partners.  While I don’t see IU having a top level RTC they can still attract that next level of talent by getting more of the team qualified for NCAA with some of them making it to at least the blood round.  You put a few years of that together and things can start to build.  This seems to be where PU has gotten to now.  The Boilers aren’t attracting major names but they are doing a little more to get guys to win some NCAA matches at that is attracting the next teir of talent to now consider their program.   I think IU can get more into nationals this year, but having several making it a few rounds is a bigger difference maker.  A salesman may help attract someone on the edge of deciding, but  I’m not sure to many recruits are on that edge if they are getting offers from other DI schools that have shows more development.  

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

Hudkins gets a lucky reverse of TD call by the ref and follows it up  2 TDs in the 3rd to get the win over Foley.   He keeps the meet from looking ugly early.  

Been alternating between watching the meet and running the abacus...was there a penalty point for Foley somewhere?

1 minute ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Been alternating between watching the meet and running the abacus...was there a penalty point for Foley somewhere?

I’m bouncing back and forth between some stuff too.  I think I heard Foley got choice due to a short injury time.  Leading to a quick escape.  

Just now, MadMardigain said:

I’m bouncing back and forth between some stuff too.  I think I heard Foley got choice due to a short injury time.  Leading to a quick escape.  

OK...that must've been it...there was an eye-poke early in the second period, didn't think they "awarded" the injury time...guess they did.

1 minute ago, insidecradle said:

I thought Foley had that  TD, but that was a nice TD by Hudkins at the end.

The Refs explanation was that Foley didn’t get himself all the way behind Hudkins to secure the takedown while Brock still had one hand on the mat.  I didn’t think it was going to get overturned.  

Rooks apparently didn’t get a clear enough memo to not be in Omania’s ties.  Barely avoided danger a couple times, but gave up the takedown in the process.  Rooks needs to get on top and grind Omania down. Neutral is a little too dangerous.  

Edited by MadMardigain