2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Some new news just come out?  Because the DeSanto thread on HR has devolved into a debate about the origin of bagels and how the super rich Jewish community ruined Mel Gibson!  ;)

Um.  Can I get a link to that thread?  I have expert analysis of the situation.

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Not even the Minnow has had the fortitude to put this one out there since Kemerer continued his career to...spite Minnow? I dunno, I lost track. Either way, bravo sir on your courage.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

If he's done why's it a secret? Could something be pending? LIke he was accused of some sort of crime and they aren't gonna wrestle him till the charges are dismissed? 

yowza, that's a spicy take! Would they be taking him along on trips if this was the case? 

16 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Maybe if they thought he was definitely innocent? Would they be taking him if he was kicked off the team? Haven't heard a credible injury theory

DeSanta has earned himself a reputation but crime isn't his style. He only acts up on the mat. If he were off the team, I am almost certain they would not bring him to any event. Injury wise, no reports as far as I can tell but he's had the left hand and fingers taped up since last season. It bothered him greatly during the Byrd match at Big Ten's and seemed to fluster him again vs ISU's 133 and against Minnesota. Just my observation.

There is a typical college wrestling information vacuum which leads to educated guesses and other theories, including extreme ones. These could be true but there isn't any evidence.  Just as plausible are these:

DeSanto isn't able to wrestle now and his March availability isn't clear. So they are using their best available 133 guy and getting him ready in case he's needed in March.

Schriever may not see redshirting and being there six years as a priority because of personal preference, scholarship money issues, or his conclusion that many wrestlers hit diminishing returns after 4 years, let alone 5. 

He may also recognize that at a wrestling superpower, there is a significant chance that the team could bring in a better wrestler at his weight by recruiting or transfer in the next four years, so he should seize every opportunity to wear the black singlet.

Maybe with Lee back next year they move one of the other guys up and Schriever redshirts next year having gotten a great education this year in what he needs to use his redshirt to develop.  

On the other side of the coin, something looked wrong with DeSanto on the mat in his last match, very flat.  So he may be a question mark.  That he would be out 2+ months and not try to take his last shot seems unlikely.  Particularly because the eye test doesn't suggest a disabling injury during his matches or when he's out in public now.

Because of Iowa and other top programs' opacity these situations happen.  They're not required to give us more.  That leads to speculation.  It is what it is.  But in reality we have no choice but to wait and see every week till March who goes out on the mat. 

Edited by drag it

4 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

DeSanta has earned himself a reputation but crime isn't his style. He only acts up on the mat. If he were off the team, I am almost certain they would not bring him to any event. Injury 

yeah i was just doing my best to think outside the box....

7 minutes ago, drag it said:

There is a typical college wrestling information vacuum which leads to educated guesses and other theories, including extreme ones. These could be true but there isn't any evidence.  Just as plausible are these:

DeSanto isn't able to wrestle now and his March availability isn't clear. So they are using their best available 133 guy and getting him ready in case he's needed in March.

Schriever may not see redshirting and being there five years as a priority because of personal preference, scholarship money issues, or his conclusion that many wrestlers hit diminishing returns after 4 years. 

He may also recognize that at a wrestling superpower, there is a significant chance that the team could bring in a better wrestler at his weight by recruiting or transfer in the next four years, so he should seize every opportunity to wear the black singlet.

Maybe with Lee back next year they move one of the other guys up and Schriever redshirts next year having gotten a great education this year in what he needs to use his redshirt to develop.  

On the other side of the coin, something looked wrong with DeSanto on the mat in his last match, very flat.  So he may be a question mark.  That he would be out 2+ months and not try to take his last shot seems unlikely.  Particularly because the eye test doesn't suggest a disabling injury during his matches or when he's out in public now.

Because of Iowa and other top programs' opacity these situations happen.  They're not required to give us more.  That leads to speculation.  It is what it is.  But in reality we have no choice but to wait and see every week till March who goes out on the mat. 

I think this just about summarizes every angle to this situation. Thank you. Well done.

58 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I think this just about summarizes every angle to this situation. Thank you. Well done.

Ahh ... he might've shot a racoon in the woods behind CHA.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 minutes ago, ionel said:

Ahh ... he might've shot a racoon in the woods behind CHA.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You must be getting fast at that little shoulder shrug guy you type... what's your record? I tried the other day to do that...I couldn't get past his mouth before I gave up like Desanto in a cradle. 

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

You must be getting fast at that little shoulder shrug guy you type... what's your record? I tried the other day to do that...I couldn't get past his mouth before I gave up like Desanto in a cradle. 

Copy and paste from somewhere.  I'm older than dirt, but that's what I'd do.  Only gotta type it once.