treep2000

Iowa vs. tOSU thread

Starting with predictions:

125:  Ayala Dec. Heinselman. 3-0 Iowa

Malik would be the perfect 118.  Ayala by decision.  

133: Desanto/Schriever over <doesn't matter>.  7-0 Iowa

Desanto majors or techs whomever the bucks put out. Schriever decisions or majors.

141:  Eierman md. D'Emilio.  11-0 Iowa

If Iowa sends their backup, Dylan has a shot at a decision.

149:  Sasso Dec. Murin.   11-3 Iowa

Match much closer this year.  Nail-biting, but Sasso outfunks him and take the decision. 

157: Young Dec. Hubbard. 14-3 Iowa

Hubbard shows that he's game, but Young shows his experience and gets the TD and some near fall to make it a clear decision.

165:  UPSET ALERT: Kharchla Dec. Marinelli. 14-6 Iowa

Calling my shot.  Kharchla wins a nail biter for both wrestlers.  Will be an incredible match.

174: Kemmerer Dec. Smith. 17-6 Iowa

Smith demonstrates that he's AA worthy all day at 174, but Kemdawg continues to show why he's Top 2 in the country.  Controlled decision for Kemdawg, but Smith may get a takedown at some point during the match.

184: Romero Dec. Assad.  17-9 Iowa

Romero looked to be right there with Amine.  I think he takes it to Assad and cements himself as a significant AA threat at 184.

197: Warner Dec. Hoffman.  21-9 Iowa

Warner wins this easily, and may major.  

285: Cassioppi MD. Orndorf. 25-9 Iowa

Cass is too much and orndorf appears to have regressed to a point where gas tank Gary should have stayed in c-bus.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Starting with predictions:

125:  Ayala Dec. Heinselman. 3-0 Iowa

Malik would be the perfect 118.  Ayala by decision.  

133: Desanto/Schriever over <doesn't matter>.  7-0 Iowa

Desanto majors or techs whomever the bucks put out. Schriever decisions or majors.

141:  Eierman md. D'Emilio.  11-0 Iowa

If Iowa sends their backup, Dylan has a shot at a decision.

149:  Sasso Dec. Murin.   11-3 Iowa

Match much closer this year.  Nail-biting, but Sasso outfunks him and take the decision. 

157: Young Dec. Hubbard. 14-3 Iowa

Hubbard shows that he's game, but Young shows his experience and gets the TD and some near fall to make it a clear decision.

165:  UPSET ALERT: Kharchla Dec. Marinelli. 14-6 Iowa

Calling my shot.  Kharchla wins a nail biter for both wrestlers.  Will be an incredible match.

174: Kemmerer Dec. Smith. 17-6 Iowa

Smith demonstrates that he's AA worthy all day at 174, but Kemdawg continues to show why he's Top 2 in the country.  Controlled decision for Kemdawg, but Smith may get a takedown at some point during the match.

184: Romero Dec. Assad.  17-9 Iowa

Romero looked to be right there with Amine.  I think he takes it to Assad and cements himself as a significant AA threat at 184.

197: Warner Dec. Hoffman.  21-9 Iowa

Warner wins this easily, and may major.  

285: Cassioppi MD. Orndorf. 25-9 Iowa

Cass is too much and orndorf appears to have regressed to a point where gas tank Gary should have stayed in c-bus.

Thoughts?

seems about right.

I don't think its an upset either way at 165...but I think Marinelli is too stingy and he'll exhaust Kharchla and beat him. I don't think Kharchla is gonna come out hard, which will help marinelli also. Its gonna be a boring match.

additionally, marinelli has a big edge on the mat. He can handfight him to death, will make him work his butt off on button, might get riding time...it all tilts in his favor. 

if kharchla has his weight/shape under control all bets are off, but i doubt it.

Edited by hammerlockthree

7 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

additionally, marinelli has a big edge on the mat. He can stall him to death, will make him work his butt off on button, might get riding time...it all tilts in his favor. 

if kharchla has his weight/shape under control all bets are off, but i doubt it.

ftfy

Marinelli has Kharchla, Berge, and Hamiti as his next three opponents. Right now Marinelli is the projected 1 seed at Big Tens if he wins out. He can only see his seed go down from here. Kharchla can improve to the 1 seed by beating Marinelli and winning out with only Berge remaining to perhaps put up a test. I am taking Kharchla in a mild upset.

7 minutes ago, denger said:

I'm not willing to pay $70/month for access in addition to my B1G+ subscription.

I'll appreciate any updates on this one.

tOSU in the lead after 125...

Edit: whoops trigger finger. We are going into overtime 

Double edit: tOSU indeed leads it. DeSanta takes the mat

Edited by Mr. Poopy butthole