Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

PSU vs Michigan (UPSET ALERT)

125: Suriano MAJ Hildebrant 4-0

133: RBY DEC Ragusin 4-3

141: Lee DEC Micic 4-7.  If Lee is out Micic by TF.

149: Mattin DEC Bartlett 7-7

157: Lewan DEC Negron 10-7

165: Amine DEC Berge 13-7

174: Starroci DEC Massa 13-10

184: Brooks DEC Amine 13-13

197: Dean DEC Brucki 13-16

HWT: Parris DEC Kerkvliet 16-16 ---- TIE!  5 matches a piece so goes down to criteria.

If Nick Lee is out Michigan wins outright!

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

HWT: Parris DEC Kerkvliet 16-16 ---- TIE!  5 matches a piece so goes down to criteria.

Your math is a little off on this as it should be 4-6 after this match so in your predictions it looks like Michigan would win outright even if Lee is in.

Also, I could see Suriano pinning Hild but I can see RBY Maj'ing Ragusin as well.  I am super excited about this meet though.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Barlett just lost to Mike Van Brill. And he's a small 149 pounder.  

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Nope.  Otherwise it would say I edited the post.

It was you who had said it. At least the way you worded your first post forces a guess.

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

It was you who had said it. At least the way you worded your first post forces a guess.

As a PSU fan you and I both know Bartlett is small for 149.  It's very noticeable any time he steps on the mat he's a good 2 inches shorter than his opponent.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

As a PSU fan you and I both know Bartlett is small for 149.  It's very noticeable any time he steps on the mat he's a good 2 inches shorter than his opponent.

I wasn't talking about Bartlett, only Van Brill. The wording you used in that first post forces a guess as to "he" refers to. My wife does this same thing all the time when she tells me her stories that involve three or four women friends of hers. She then starts using "she' and "her" all over the place and I have no idea which woman she, my wife, is talking about.

Edited by TBar1977

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

VanBrill got 3rd at Big Ten's last year

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

And he's hardly small. More like tall. 

45 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

38 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I wasn't talking about Bartlett, only Van Brill. The wording you used in that first post forces a guess as to "he" refers to. My wife does this same thing all the time when she tells me her stories that involve three or four women friends of hers. She then starts using "she' and "her" all over the place and I have no idea which woman she, my wife, is talking about.

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I don't think anyone has ever discussed Van Brill being small for the weight.

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Both Van Brill brothers always tower over their opponents.  JVB was like 2 inches taller than Nolf lol at 157 pounds.

You are either trolling or the internet is being hard on you today, but I am out of time trying to explain it to you.

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You are either trolling or the internet is being hard on you today, but I am out of time trying to explain it to you.

I assumed he was talking about Bartlett being small, but yes his sentence wasn't very clear.

But I think he was also trying to say because he lost to VanBrill he's not very good.

24 minutes ago, Ohioq said:

Mattin could beat Bartlett, he was really game against Sasso last weekend. 

I was very impressed with him in that match.  Bartlett is also one of those guys who seems capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone so I wouldn't chalk it up as a victory either way 

11 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I was very impressed with him in that match.  Bartlett is also one of those guys who seems capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone so I wouldn't chalk it up as a victory either way 

This is my view on Bartlett too.  His size and lack of offense means he'll be in 1 point matches with almost anyone, for better or worse.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:04 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Stickey Bun...Pay Attention!!!

#1 Penn State 29, #3 Michigan 6
January 21, 2022 – Ann Arbor, Mich.

125: #1 Nick Suriano MICH dec. #7 Drew Hildebrandt PSU, 2-1                           0-3
133: #1 Roman Bravo-Young PSU dec. #8 Dylan Ragusin MICH, 8-1                   3-3
141: #1 Nick Lee PSU tech fall Drew Mattin MICH, 21-6 (TF; 6:36)                       8-3
149: #19 Beau Bartlett PSU inj. def. Cole Mattin MICH, Ing. Def. (0:13)                14-3
157: #15 Will Lewan MICH dec. Terrell Barraclough PSU, 5-2                              14-6
165: #16 Brady Berge PSU dec. #10 Cameron Amine MICH, 3-1                         17-6
174: #1 Carter Starocci PSU dec. #6 Logan Massa MICH, 3-2                             20-6
184: #1 Aaron Brooks PSU dec. #2 Myles Amine MICH, 3-1                                23-6
197: #2 Max Dean PSU dec. #8 Patrick Brucki MICH, 6-4 (sv)                             26-6
285: #4 Greg Kerkvliet PSU dec. #2 Mason Parris MICH, 8-5                               29-6
Attendance: 6,185
Records: Penn State (12-0, 4-0 B1G); Michigan (5-1, 1-1 B1G)
Up Next for Penn State: at Michigan State, Sunday, Jan. 23, 1 p.m. (B1G+)

Time to head to the basement...Lets go Brandon!!!