Sign in to follow this  
Northern_Fan

Who can challenge Taylor next year at 165

Seems like its going to be another weight class like 2011... Were he techs or falls everyone?

Would be great to see Howe and him but that aint going to happen in college

Is there anyone that might move up and make him do some work or least give Taylor a match?

Honestly I don't see it. He destroyed everyone at 165 this year other than Dake, who is arguable the 2nd best NCAA wrestler of all time. Taylor made Caldwell and Yates look like JV wrestlers, and they placed 3rd and 4th at NCAAs. Who's going to step up and give him a match? Nobody. Howe was the only one capable of giving him a match (and I think likely beating him), but Howe is having to cut weight to make 163 with international style weigh ins, so he won't touch 165 in college anymore. And I think if DSJ went up to 165 Taylor would light him up.

Who will challenge Ruth?? these two dynamos should mow thru anything and anyone in their path.

Steinhaus gave him a close match, but it's hard to think he'll struggle.

As for who challenges DT. There's nobody out there who is keeping it close with Howe at 174.

Hey if you guys want to start an online petition to get Taylor to 174 I'll sign it. A lot of you Penn St. guys want a stipulation that DSJ has to go to 165? Cool with me whatever terms you want. Someone get that petition going!

Has anyone ever pinned and/or teched every opponent for an entire season? DT could go for that.

But in all reality, he is human, he can be beat, in fact I think I could beat him at horseshoes.

not so sure he is human- he sets off metal detectors at airports all the time- rumor is he may have been birthed by Lindsay Wagner and fathered by Lee Majors (this was overheard at Bill Pickles Tap Room when Cael and Casey were having a cold one)- may just be a rumor though.

Honestly I don't see it. He destroyed everyone at 165 this year other than Dake, who is arguable the 2nd best NCAA wrestler of all time. Taylor made Caldwell and Yates look like JV wrestlers, and they placed 3rd and 4th at NCAAs. Who's going to step up and give him a match? Nobody. Howe was the only one capable of giving him a match (and I think likely beating him), but Howe is having to cut weight to make 163 with international style weigh ins, so he won't touch 165 in college anymore. And I think if DSJ went up to 165 Taylor would light him up.

Nope. Uetake & Hodge are both above him. He may well be fifth on the all time list.

Hey if you guys want to start an online petition to get Taylor to 174 I'll sign it. A lot of you Penn St. guys want a stipulation that DSJ has to go to 165? Cool with me whatever terms you want. Someone get that petition going!

I know you are having fun, but could you imagine what Brown would look like at 165!

Taylor and Ruth have very little competition at their weights, but that could change we'll see. Howe however is jumping into "a burning ring of fire" to steal from Mr. Cash. I would agree Howe is the favorite, but totally different situation.

Has anyone ever pinned and/or teched every opponent for an entire season? DT could go for that.

But in all reality, he is human, he can be beat, in fact I think I could beat him at horseshoes.

Did you watch his interview this post season? He stated that exact goal.

Nope. Uetake & Hodge are both above him. He may well be fifth on the all time list.

This is why it is arguable, because it can be argued. You may put Uetake and Hodge above Dake, but many will disagree and there's no clear criteria to argue one way or another.