2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I’d love to be proven wrong, but if I were a betting man I’d put money on Brooks losing here and winning at NCAAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well you are one of the few who has brooks losing to anyone short of david taylor in his imagination. 

but credit to an unpopular opinion, this place needs more of em.

Edited by hammerlockthree

well you are one of the few who has brooks losing to anyone short of david taylor in his imagination. 

Huh?

He’d still lose to Nickal, Zahid and Taylor. Not sure when I’ve ever suggested otherwise.

I know he got serious about getting stronger after getting wrecked by Downey at OTTs and would beat him more often than not, now. He alluded to starting real strength training for the first time in a podcast last spring in April, I think.

9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I think Brooks loses to lots of people in freestyle.  As evidenced by his last showing.  He’s not losing this year in NCAA.  Not even to Olympic Bronze medalist Amine.

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Huh?

He’d still lose to Nickal, Zahid and Taylor. Not sure when I’ve ever suggested otherwise.

I know he got serious about getting stronger after getting wrecked by Downey at OTTs and would beat him more often than not, now. He alluded to starting real strength training for the first time in a podcast last spring in April, I think.

Oh he’s definitely never losing to Zahid again, he’s made that clear.  Nickal and Taylor clearly still smoke him.

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Huh?

nickal isn't a wrestler anymore, and Zahid is probably stuck in a snow storm right now. I already said Taylor.

I think Brooks loses to lots of people in freestyle.  As evidenced by his last showing.  He’s not losing this year in NCAA.  Not even to Olympic Bronze medalist Amine.

I hope, for the overall sake of US wrestling, that Zahid has improved his gas tank. Dude has all the talent in the world but was about to fall over at the end of his win over Brooks.

Random thought: Brooks and DT give up first TDs to people. Then they wear them down to dust. If Myles takes him down in the first minute, does Aaron have 2 TDs in him?

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I hope, for the overall sake of US wrestling, that Zahid has improved his gas tank. Dude has all the talent in the world but was about to fall over at the end of his win over Brooks.

Random thought: Brooks and DT give up first TDs to people. Then they wear them down to dust. If Myles takes him down in the first minute, does Aaron have 2 TDs in him?

He does but he doesn't need two takedowns either. He could ride him, finish a period on top, stalling point.....his style will win out. Amine just as a good knee pull.

Lee v Micic is the chance for Micic to confirm his high school win or for Lee to exact his revenge.

Lee had two loses in high school, as a junior to senior Chad Red (completed Red's 4 year unbeaten high school career) and as a freshman to senior Stevan Micic.

Hilariously, as has been pointed out on this board, Senior+ Lee is now matched against Senior++++(?) Micic.

Unlike Cassar v Steveson, I think it will be better to be younger in this match up.

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Lee v Micic is the chance for Micic to confirm his high school win or for Lee to exact his revenge.

Lee had two loses in high school, as a junior to senior Chad Red (completed Red's 4 year unbeaten high school career) and as a freshman to senior Stevan Micic.

Hilariously, as has been pointed out on this board, Senior+ Lee is now matched against Senior++++(?) Micic.

Unlike Cassar v Steveson, I think it will be better to be younger in this match up.

posts like this are why I said earlier that we need more unpopular opinions on this board.

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I don't consider Amine to be on the level of Brooks or even Trent Hidlay.  I foresee a possible major decision by Brooks.  I don't think the outcome will ever be in doubt.  

I wonder how he does against Ringer in the room.

While I don’t want to discount an Olympic medal, 86kg was (is?) a two horse race with everyone else picking up scraps depending on their draw. The depth wasn’t there like it was at 57, 65, or 74. The fact that Deepak Punia has a silver medal from 2019 illustrates this lack of depth pretty well, I think.

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

If Nick Lee is healthy and has been training (but got contact traced out if the lineup), the version of Micic that lost to some dude I’ve never heard of is also a bonus opportunity.

Micic looks like he really needs to add strength to compete for the upper part of the podium at 41.  I think if he went down to 33, maybe cruelly displacing Ragusin, he would be very likely to finish top three.

8 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Huh?

Let's not forget that BlueDragon's kid is now paying Aaron's family child support for that whooping he out on him at OTT, too.

Edited by nhs67

Nicky Skeletor over Keener-Lite via MAJOR.

UofM 4-0

RBY of Pregosin via MAJOR.

Tied 4-4

Micic over Lee via DECISION.

UofM 7-4

Mattin over Bartletterman via DECISION.

UofM 10-4

Lewan over Bearclaw via DECISION.

UofM 13-4

Amine over Professor Berge via DECISION.

UofM 16-4

Gangsta Massa over Starochester via DECISION.

UofM 19-4

Amine over Next Level Brooks via DECISION.

UofM 22-4

Dean over Brucki via MAJOR.

UofM 22-8

Parris over Kerkmaster via DECISION.

UofM 25-8

So this won't happen.  I just thought I would post something entirely ridiculous out there because that seems to be the trend.

I think Brooks wins by two takedowns, meaning he gets 2 more takedowns than Amine gets. The score could be close due to riding and maybe an Amine reversal, but Brooks is way better in neutral I think. 

Should be a fun one. Amine has some amazing old man tricks 

Amine is so fundamentally sound in all 3 positions.  But, he doesn’t do any one thing that wows you, so he doesn’t quite get thought of as good as he is. Let’s not forget he came back last year and wrestled up a weight and just missed winning it. Do you guys think Brooks would have won 197 last year?  I don’t. 

i think this match is a perfect example of a “Toss up”. 

46 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Amine is so fundamentally sound in all 3 positions.  But, he doesn’t do any one thing that wows you, so he doesn’t quite get thought of as good as he is. Let’s not forget he came back last year and wrestled up a weight and just missed winning it. Do you guys think Brooks would have won 197 last year?  I don’t. 

i think this match is a perfect example of a “Toss up”. 

Didn't you predict Hidlay to beat Brooks last spring?

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Didn't you predict Hidlay to beat Brooks last spring?

I did. And didn’t he make the finals and lose by one, without giving up any offensive points?  He also came very close to scoring the only takedown of that match. 

Let’s not be disingenuous and act like I picked some bum who didn’t AA and Brooks TF’d…

12 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I did. And didn’t he make the finals and lose by one, without giving up any offensive points?  He also came very close to scoring the only takedown of that match. 

Let’s not be disingenuous and act like I picked some bum who didn’t AA and Brooks TF’d…

Never said you picked a bum, I just wanted to refresh my memory. I am just looking for "trends" in case I suddenly take up gambling.