10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

So now you're telling people what they should post so that it is agreeable to you? Hmmm.

The boomer comment - that is ageist. You know, like racist and sexist. Prejudice against a large set of people. Not good. Maybe rethink before posting something like that again.

Also tossing around words like "stupid" and "ignorant" like popcorn. You seem... quite angry. Maybe grab a thesaurus and find milder synonyms. Better yet, don't post angry.

Head pat. Stop virtue signaling. Stop deliberately being provocative then playing the feeble victim. Especially because you deliberately provoke so you can. It’s transparent. I hope you’re a troll.

Im using the words ignorant and stupid because they are the most appropriate words in this case. Should I use bigger words to shows off me college edj-i-mi-cations? Give ya a chance to shows everyone you is superior?

And no I didn’t say he had to post agreeable to me. Eye roll. What a limp attempt to connect it to your self victimization . I am allowed to point out that his post exemplifies his overall ignorance 

3 hours ago, Frank C said:

I seen nothing that would tell me brooks is not winning this. Kid is phenominal. I see why he won jr worlds.

He will be next PSU great. Wins here.

Best PSU has

It’s an interesting discussion. He might be the best guy on the team, but Nick Lee, RBY, and Starocci are definitely near his level in folkstyle at a minimum, and Kerklevit can probably be added to that list in freestyle. 

Either way, Brooks is amazing. I’d love to see the room battles with Starocci and Dean (and Snyder, Cael, Varner, etc)

20 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I feel confident Zahid would smoke Amine in freestyle just as he did in folk, but Zahid has no chance to make the US team right now so we may never know.

Your confident feeling of smoke was confirmed 7 months ago...

529339162_ScreenShot2022-01-21at10_41_32AM.thumb.png.2538206b09ae155828b075d3d49268e2.png

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

It’s an interesting discussion. He might be the best guy on the team, but Nick Lee, RBY, and Starocci are definitely near his level in folkstyle at a minimum, and Kerklevit can probably be added to that list in freestyle. 

Either way, Brooks is amazing. I’d love to see the room battles with Starocci and Dean (and Snyder, Cael, Varner, etc)

What gave me a giggle sometime last year was when DT got asked who owned the room, or if any of the other guys were catching up, and he was like 'No.  I haven't even caught up to Cael yet.'  Something like that.  A lot of times people will say something like that out of respect for the coaches, but it seems to be everyone in that room says it because Cael is still owning them.  It's great.

21 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I feel confident Zahid would smoke Amine in freestyle just as he did in folk, but Zahid has no chance to make the US team right now so we may never know.

Didn't Zahid "smoke" Brooks in freestyle as well?

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Didn't Zahid "smoke" Brooks in freestyle as well?

6-3 most recently at the Olympic Team Trials in April. (where Zahid also teched Downey)

6-0 in 2019 US Nationals

I'm just looking at Zahid's wikipedia. 

1 hour ago, denger said:

6-3 most recently at the Olympic Team Trials in April. (where Zahid also teched Downey)

6-0 in 2019 US Nationals

I'm just looking at Zahid's wikipedia. 

While Zahid teched Downey, Downey got to that 3rd place match by Teching Brooks as well.

Don't forget all the facts.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I've never heard of an "ageist".  And I NEVER would have thought of calling someone a boomer on the same level as calling someone the big "N".  Interesting.

President Grover Cleveland opened the Indian Territory to settlement by signing the Indian Appropriations Act of 1889 on March 2, 1889.[4] The result was the Land Rush of 1889. In it, rushers could be divided into two groups: the Sooners were settlers who entered the Unassigned Lands just prior to the April 22, 1889 official opening in a race to grab the best land, while the ones who waited until the actual opening date are also sometimes referred to as "Boomers", confusingly.[5]

After its founding in 1890, the University of Oklahoma adopted "Boomers" as the nickname of their football team, after having first tried "Rough Riders." In 1908, the name was changed to "Sooners", the current team name. Their fight song is "Boomer Sooner". The OU "mascot" is the Sooner Schooner, a Conestoga wagon across the field when the University of Oklahoma football team scores. It is pulled by a pair of ponies named "Boomer" and "Sooner". There are a pair of costumed mascot also named "Boomer" and "Sooner".

and hence why most of us just call then Cheaters cause its less confusing.  ;)

25 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

While Zahid teched Downey, Downey got to that 3rd place match by Teching Brooks as well.

Don't forget all the facts.

I expect that Downey's next singlet will have vertical stripes and a number on the chest.  Someone needs to intercede with that man. 

29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I've never heard of an "ageist".  And I NEVER would have thought of calling someone a boomer on the same level as calling someone the big "N".  Interesting.

It’s become the stereotype for fragility 

25 minutes ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

He was pictured practicing on their team social media accounts yesterday. I'd say he's a go tonight.

Great news...Michigan is gonna need him.  Otherwise it's a 6-7 point swing to PSU for the team score without Cam.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Ageism is especially relevant in the workplace, where new tech skills (or perhaps more accurately familiarity navigating new technologies and future problems) has displaced dependable older workers. 

"OK, boomer" was trending two years ago as millennials and GenZ responded to criticism from the Boomers, and the latter were perceived as out of touch with current and future challenges.

"Boomer" is nowhere near as derogatory as the "N" word because it doesn't come with the history of being owned as property and being considered by law to be less human. When boomer used dismissively, the underlying message is, "Please just retire and let us drive into the future that you won't even be alive for". 

Edited by denger
clarify

1 hour ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

For what it's worth, in my experience the type of person who gets butthurt about ageism only sees it as a "disrespect to elders" situation and is super comfortable making sweeping criticisms of younger generations. 

Yup