Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

NC State vs Virginia Tech

Happening Friday at 7pm EST

18/20 starters are ranked, and there are multiple top 10 vs top 10 matches. 

125 - These guys are both elite, but both having a rough season so far. NC State 3-0 

133 - Myers should take this, but Orine is game. He will AA one day, but maybe not this season. Tied 3-3

141 - Jack I think will win, but VT has good options here. I hope we see Hillegas. That’s an interesting style matchup bs Jack. I’m going NC State 6-3

149 - March of the dual? I’m going Andonian, with my first upset of the night. GREAT matchup. I am torn. 6-6

157 - Ed Scott is looking amazing. Brady is solid, but I think Scott takes it in a close one. Scott I think pulls away late, but no bonus. NC State 9-6

Halfway through we have only decisions. 4/5 matchups are tossups with 133 the only one with a clear favorite but still competitive. 

165 - Ulrey looks like a borderline qualifier and Bullard has qualified every year. I think Bullard takes this one via top game, scrambling + experience. Ulrey has a shot, but Bullard usually beats who he is supposed to, he just rarely beats guys ahead of him. 12-6 NC State

174 - maybe the match of the dual, along with 149. Both Mekhi and Hidlay have looked solid. Neither has a top top win this year, but they haven’t faced the top guys yet. This is a great test for both. I’ll go Hidlay via bring in better shape and eventually wearing down Mekhi. Greta matchup. Can’t wait. 15-6 NC State

184 - These guys have gone back and forth. It’s always a super low scoring match. With that said, Hidlay has looked unstoppable and Bolen has taken 2 losses, both to top 15ish guys. Hidlay is the safer pick, but yet again this is a tossup. 18-6

197 - Trumble could pin himself, but if he is on he should dominate. Howard has potential but isn’t elite at anything. Trumble should be able to score points. He will likely give up a takedown or two though. Should be a fun one. 21-6 

285 - NC State has 3 qualifier level heavyweights,  one of whom are likely to AA but all are solid. Traxler i have penciled in to AA. He has looked great this year. He wins this one. 21-9 NC State

The final score is way too lopsided. 7/10 matches are tossups, and the other 3 have live underdogs. I’m not confident in any of these picks tbh. 

I also have no bonus selected, and that isn’t going to happen. These matchups are all competitive and the score could be anything. For example, Trumble getting pinned would make my score 18-15 NC state, and that is definitely a possible outcome. 

GREAT dual

26 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

I just noticed that I have the ACC Network as part of my cable tv package (Spectrum/Charter).  They show it scheduled for 7:00 pm tomorrow.

Ahh ... I also get ACCn thru Hulu live, it shows up for tomorrow, set to record just in case I forget, looks to be a great dual.  :)

BLACKSBURG – The Atlantic Coast Conference announced on Thursday that Virginia Tech's wrestling match at NC State scheduled for Friday night in Raleigh has been cancelled due to multiple Tech student-athletes being unable to compete.

Per current ACC policies, the match will be ruled a forfeit. The Hokies are scheduled to resume action at Pitt on Friday, Jan. 28.

RALEIGH, N.C. – Due to a decision within the Virginia Tech wrestling program, the Hokies will not be making the trip down to Raleigh and will forfeit tomorrow night's ACC opener.

The Pack has found a replacement and will be in action this weekend, traveling to Campbell for a dual Sunday night at 7 p.m. More info will be released on the new matchup.

Some slightly different news...  the word coming out of Blacksburg sounds a lot like Covid to me.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

A forfeit is interesting, are they saying it wasn’t because of positive Covid cases?

This is there official statement

Wrestling1/20/2022 7:44:00 PM
BLACKSBURG – The Atlantic Coast Conference announced on Thursday that Virginia Tech's wrestling match at NC State scheduled for Friday night in Raleigh has been cancelled due to multiple Tech student-athletes being unable to compete.

Per current ACC policies, the match will be ruled a forfeit. The Hokies are scheduled to resume action at Pitt on Friday, Jan. 28.

1 minute ago, portajohn said:

This is there official statement

Wrestling1/20/2022 7:44:00 PM
BLACKSBURG – The Atlantic Coast Conference announced on Thursday that Virginia Tech's wrestling match at NC State scheduled for Friday night in Raleigh has been cancelled due to multiple Tech student-athletes being unable to compete.

Interesting.  Sounds like some bad blood between them?  Otherwise why not do the thing like some other teams have been doing with some matches and no team score?

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Interesting.  Sounds like some bad blood between them?  Otherwise why not do the thing like some other teams have been doing with some matches and no team score?

Well its Thr, there's weather and theyKU may have no idea exactly how many have been exposed.  And like they said they have an ACC policy.

Edited by ionel

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I'm sure in the near future @Husker_Du will shed some light on this.  Unfortunately only thing I've seen at this point is from Mineo claiming the team has 8 wrestlers w/covid, they tried to rescheduled and were told no.  But we have to consider the source. 

40 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Unfortunately only thing I've seen at this point is from Mineo claiming the team has 8 wrestlers w/covid, they tried to rescheduled and were told no.  But we have to consider the source. 

I am not impressed with Mineo or anyone who professionally sucks up to people in exchange for gossip, but this explanation makes the most sense.

49 minutes ago, portajohn said:

I'm sure in the near future @Husker_Du will shed some light on this.  Unfortunately only thing I've seen at this point is from Mineo claiming the team has 8 wrestlers w/covid, they tried to rescheduled and were told no.  But we have to consider the source. 

What do you mean the only thing you've seen?  The official statement you posted said they had "multiple athletes unable to compete."  I don't know where Mineo got 8 from, but like you said that statement definitely sounds like covid.  Sure, I'm sure the "policy" was it should be a forfeit, but pretty sure those policies were put in place before covid...