South Dakota State over Mizzou

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

This whole thread about why Missouri didn’t win and only 1 person has given Hahn and South Dakota state props , they can only wrestle whose in front of them so congrats to the jackrabbits 

anyone know what Bono’s biggest win was at South Dakota state?

Nothing that stands out, beat Oklahoma and Iowa State but neither were good in those years.

3 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

Coaches are judged by NCAA performance. For years, Mizzou has overperformed during the dual season and underperformed at Nationals.

I think duals are the way to grow the sport, but I also understand resting starters. The problem is college coaches refuse to go to one semester. 

Coach Brian Smith was openly advocating for the season to start Jan 1 and end in late March or early April. It's better for everyone, but the wrestling community is conservative and apprehensive to change.

I do not think Mizzou overperformed ever.

They beat everyone they were ranked above during dual season while wrestling mostly MAC.  They were just overseeded at Nationals due to not losing many individual matches.

23 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

So possibly the biggest win in SDSU history 

Exactly, but when Bono’s team beats a lower ranked Gopher squad, he takes a team photo on their mat.  Hahn knows how to win with class.

They beat everyone they were ranked above during dual season while wrestling mostly MAC.  They were just overseeded at Nationals due to not losing many individual matches.

Yep. Half their lineup would have a .500 record, at best, in B1G competition.

They’ve been exposed pretty badly this year. Ls to VT, NC State, SDSU and good chance they’ll lose to Okie State and ASU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ionel said:

ftfy - but watch out for tigers!

dsc_15341.jpeg?w=1024

I have to give credit where credit is due. This is absolutely one of the best responses I have seen in many years of following the forum.  It works on many levels but the fact that it includes “muttonhead” puts it over the top! Well done.

3 hours ago, ionel said:

ftfy - but watch out for tigers!

dsc_15341.jpeg?w=1024

I have to give credit where credit is due. This is absolutely one of the best responses I have seen in many years of following the forum.  It works on many levels but the fact that it includes “muttonhead” puts it over the top! Well done.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Wrong. 2017 we overperformed compared to our seeds. 

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

They’ve been exposed pretty badly this year. Ls to VT, NC State, SDSU and good chance they’ll lose to Okie State and ASU.

Ha - I frequent a lot of message boards for various sports, but wrestling fans are easily the least intelligent and rationale of all sports I actively follow. The only fan bases that compare are major NFL franchises like the Cowboys when it comes to the number of mouth breathers who espouse asinine opinions and hysterical overreactions. 

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

125 - Unseeded 

133 - Seeded 10 and lost in the round of sixteen

141 - Seeded 8 and finished 5th

149 - Seeded 3 and finished 2nd

157 - Seeded 3 and finished 2nd

165 - Seeded 6 and finished 6th

174 - N/A

184 - N/A

197 - Seeded 1 and finished 1st

285 - Unseeded 

Quick math for you boomer, out of the six seeded wrestlers, 3 over-performed, two met their seed including a national championship, and the other failed to match their seed. 3>1 

Next time you want to check a fact, go to Google or Ask Alexa.

Ha - I frequent a lot of message boards for various sports, but wrestling fans are easily the least intelligent and rationale of all sports I actively follow. The only fan bases that compare are major NFL franchises like the Cowboys when it comes to the number of mouth breathers who espouse asinine opinions and hysterical overreactions. 

But at least I know the proper uses of the words “rationale” and “rational”.

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

But at least I know the proper uses of the words “rationale” and “rational”.

You know, I was thinking even a "MizzouGrad" should know that.  Maybe too much Alexa and not enough actual reading...

5 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

125 - Unseeded 

174 - N/A

184 - N/A

285 - Unseeded 

Quick math for you boomer, out of the six seeded wrestlers, 3 over-performed, two met their seed including a national championship, and the other failed to match their seed. 3>1 

Okay.  One season.

What about 2018?  EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. UNDERPERFORMED.

How about 2019?  Only 2, maybe 3 out of shat... 8 or 9 underperformed seed.

I don't need to google it, you Bulgarian twit.  It is known.  Next time you feel triggered, fact check yourself.  My statement was generalized.  You decided to get extremely specific, and pinpointed the only season they actually did okay in comparison.

Edit: It doesn't take a brain scientist to know that 2017 wasn't going to be one of those seasons they were overseeded.  As a team they lost four duals.  2018 and 2019 they lost a combined ONE due to their scheduling.

Edited by nhs67

7 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

125 - Unseeded 

174 - N/A

184 - N/A

285 - Unseeded 

Let's also look at 2018, shall we?

Quick math for you, out of seven seeded wrestlers, exactly zero over-performed, exactly zero met their seed, and every single wrestler failed to match their seed. 7 > 0.

Performances like that leave an impression.  Just sayin'.

9 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

This is ironic for so many reasons....or is it moronic??

12 hours ago, WresFan89 said:

Exactly, but when Bono’s team beats a lower ranked Gopher squad, he takes a team photo on their mat.  Hahn knows how to win with class.

A lot of teams take pictures after matches....so out of curiosity, where was Bono supposed to take the team picture? 

10 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

Wrong. 2017 we overperformed compared to our seeds. 

Mizzougrad, would you quit using "WE" unless you are currently on the team.  I am a Buccaneers fan but clearly do not play for them.,  so I don't use we when referring to them

13 hours ago, Le duke said:

Exposed?  They're red-shirting multiple guys to gear up for a run next year.  Put Mauller and Schmitt in the lineup this season and they'd be undefeated.

And they didn't lose yesterday just because Smith sat 3 starters, they lost because their 3 upperweights all lost to lower ranked guys.  SDSU guys showed up to wrestle, MU guys showed up to coast through.

Edited by KCMO2

14 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Mizzou is something like 19-3 in duals against B1G teams over the last 10 years, including 2-0 against Iowa, 3-1 against tOSU, and 1-0 against Michigan and Nebraska. That’s despite a reluctance by most B1G teams to schedule Mizzou.  They also have upset  or similarly ranked wins against Cornell, VT, and OkSt in that span.

I think most Mizzou fans would admit that their NCAA performances have been underwhelming at times. IMO, however, your characterization of Mizzou’s dual success over the years is not accurate. Even this year their early ranking was based partly on guys that aren’t in the lineup. Hats off to SDSU though, they came to wrestle.