Jajensen09

Nebraska vs northwestern dual $$

1 minute ago, Jajensen09 said:

Yep, good to go! Was a fun little wager, makes the sport even more exciting

I won't make it a very regular habit but I will definitely shoot you a message if I get another itch.  My avatar space will be technically open starting groundhogs day so we can make it creative 

OK, now I have to dig it up. It's somewhere in the B1G wrestling stats or schedule or some darn thing. But they reference the teams as:

• NU = Northwestern University (Which I am not 100% behind, I have always used NW - which seems clearer)
  • NEB = University of Nebraska (Which I don't dislike, it eliminates obvious misreads)

UN may be what is on the helmet, and that does carry some merit... because, helmet. But a higher source of reference might be a better choice.

Its 

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

OK, now I have to dig it up. It's somewhere in the B1G wrestling stats or schedule or some darn thing. But they reference the teams as:

• NU = Northwestern University (Which I am not 100% behind, I have always used NW - which seems clearer)
  • NEB = University of Nebraska (Which I don't dislike, it eliminates obvious misreads)

UN may be what is on the helmet, and that does carry some merit... because, helmet. But a higher source of reference might be a better choice.

Its NU on the helmet and on alot of appearl. If you are talking about the University itself its UNL. Never anything associated with UN? Wtf is UN?

I just got done playing bridge with Bob Devaney.  We were playing Elvis and Andy Kaufman.  I asked Bob and he said U(niversity of) N(ebraska).  Just a heads up, that Andy Kaufman cheats.

Paging Jimmy Cinnabon...

4 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

I just got done playing bridge with Bob Devaney.  We were playing Elvis and Andy Kaufman.  I asked Bob and he said U(niversity of) N(ebraska).  Just a heads up, that Andy Kaufman cheats.

Paging Jimmy Cinnabon...

With that logic Oklahoma should be UO??? Wrong its OU just like Nebraska, ya donkey

8 minutes ago, Jajensen09 said:

With that logic Oklahoma should be UO??? Wrong its OU just like Nebraska, ya donkey

Wyoming is UW (pronounced U-dub by students), which is kind of weird because Wisconsin (also UW) students say "U-dub", too.

I'm with you. If it wasn't for the donkey on the Wyoming helmet, it'd be tough to tell them apart.

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Wyoming is UW (pronounced U-dub by students), which is kind of weird because Wisconsin (also UW) students say "U-dub", too.

I'm with you. If it wasn't for the donkey on the Wyoming helmet, it'd be tough to tell them apart.

U-dub is the University of Washington.

13 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

Paging Jimmy Cinnabon...

wait, you are dead in heaven and can still post on this forum?

15 minutes ago, GockeS said:

wait, you are dead in heaven and can still post on this forum?

Trying to add a little levity to what reminded me of the arguments my kids had when they were 5 or 6 years old.

Also, just a little test.  I've always said a sense of humor is a sign of intelligence.  Congratulations, you passed.  Someone else somehow thought I was serious I guess.  How could any (NU/UN?) fan miss the Bob Devaney reference?