Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Is Beard totally out of play?

Recommended Posts

Michael Beard, returning AA from last year, has been riding the bench all season.  He's 8-1, his only loss coming as a result of an injury default and one of his 8 wins is over Cam Caffey, who just beat Max Dean.

Now I'm not saying Dean should get benched because he took his first loss of the season, but I'm asking is Beard totally ruled out?  Or can he wrestle off against Dean weekly and reclaim the starting role?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a teachable moment with my team the other week. I found out our manager/stat girl who acts like the team mom was making them sandwiches at the tournament. Apparently some of them said they didn’t know how to make a sandwich.

After throwing up in my mouth a little. We had a little man card test for the team. Can you be a young man and feed yourself.. or are you helpless mommas boy? The entire team passed.. except for a backup who wasn’t wrestling. He ate last because he wasn’t wrestling. He actually came up to me asking if he could eat finally. (Food I bought btw). When he saw it was just heel bread. He literally stomped his foot and said, voice cracking, “I’d rather starve” and stomped up the stairs. Needless to say, Johnny boy failed the man test that day.

 

The entire team felt it was necessary to remind him of such too. Bowing to the positive peer pressure. Johnny boy made his sandwich with heel bread. I was somewhat proud of him

 

Why am I telling y’all this? Cause it’s a Cinnabon thread with no Cinnabons to eat so I might as well tell an anecdote that made me chuckle 

 

*and I have no good movie quotes off top of my head 

Edited by jp157
Grammar. Duh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beard did get hurt at the Scuffle, so he may not be healthy anyway, but I bet he doesn't wrestle so that he can get a medical year and eventually break the record for oldest non-Mormon or former military D1 wrestler.

Edited by 1032004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jp157 said:

We had a teachable moment with my team the other week. I found out our manager/stat girl who acts like the team mom was making them sandwiches at the tournament. Apparently some of them said they didn’t know how to make a sandwich.

After throwing up in my mouth a little. We had a little man card test for the team. Can you be a young man and feed yourself.. or are you helpless mommas boy? The entire team passed.. except for a backup who wasn’t wrestling. He ate last because he wasn’t wrestling. He actually came up to me asking if he could eat finally. (Food I bought btw). When he saw it was just heel bread. He literally stomped his foot and said, voice cracking, “I’d rather starve” and stomped up the stairs. Needless to say, Johnny boy failed the man test that day.

 

The entire team felt it was necessary to remind him of such too. Bowing to the positive peer pressure. Johnny boy made his sandwich with heel bread. I was somewhat proud of him

 

Why am I telling y’all this? Cause it’s a Cinnabon thread with no Cinnabons to eat so I might as well tell an anecdote that made me chuckle 

 

*and I have no good movie quotes off top of my head 

Not sure if you should be proud of him that he decided to step up or mildly disappointed he backpedaled pretty quickly from his original stance.   If you are going to take a hard stance then sometimes you need to see it through.  

Edited by MadMardigain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Not sure if you should be proud of him that he decided to step up or mildly disappointed he backpedaled pretty quickly from his original stance.   If you are going to take a hard stance then sometimes you need to see it through.  

But when the original stance is wrong, the quick back pedal is the best course of action.

Anyone complaining about free food isn't hungry enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jp157 said:

We had a teachable moment with my team the other week. I found out our manager/stat girl who acts like the team mom was making them sandwiches at the tournament. Apparently some of them said they didn’t know how to make a sandwich.

After throwing up in my mouth a little. We had a little man card test for the team. Can you be a young man and feed yourself.. or are you helpless mommas boy? The entire team passed.. except for a backup who wasn’t wrestling. He ate last because he wasn’t wrestling. He actually came up to me asking if he could eat finally. (Food I bought btw). When he saw it was just heel bread. He literally stomped his foot and said, voice cracking, “I’d rather starve” and stomped up the stairs. Needless to say, Johnny boy failed the man test that day.

 

The entire team felt it was necessary to remind him of such too. Bowing to the positive peer pressure. Johnny boy made his sandwich with heel bread. I was somewhat proud of him

 

Why am I telling y’all this? Cause it’s a Cinnabon thread with no Cinnabons to eat so I might as well tell an anecdote that made me chuckle 

 

*and I have no good movie quotes off top of my head 

Nice story.   If he brings his own lunch next time, he will have snatched the pepple from your hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Michael Beard, returning AA from last year, has been riding the bench all season.  He's 8-1, his only loss coming as a result of an injury default and one of his 8 wins is over Cam Caffey, who just beat Max Dean.

Now I'm not saying Dean should get benched because he took his first loss of the season, but I'm asking is Beard totally ruled out?  Or can he wrestle off against Dean weekly and reclaim the starting role?

This is an overreaction to the first loss of the season for Max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Nice story.   If he brings his own lunch next time, he will have snatched the pepple from your hand.

Considering what I and many coaches spend on food for their athletes. I’ll be more than happy if he does lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude just called me “cheap” after I said I bought my athletes food so they weren’t stuck with just concussion food at a tournament.

Then he goes and posts on my profile. Which is a pure virtue symbol. Instead of just messaging me. He had to make a grand statement and “shame” me. 

 I suppose me explaining his deliberate victimhood is getting to him. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You sound like a real cheap bastar*. Where do you coach?

Now now buddy. Head pat. Such language is undignified. Head pat.

As far as “cheap” goes… since you’re so fond of virtue signaling. I’m going to explain some facts to you. 

Considering the fact I’ve spent about 3-4 hundred dollars on food/water for my kids this year alone. And it’s only that much due to Covid cancellations. A normal year is quite a bit more. I basically write my entire coaching stipend on stuff for the kids or gas taking them home (with permission) if they don’t have a way home that night. 
 

Now understand. I’m not virtue signaling or self Martyring. I chose to do it. Plenty of other coaches do as well. Only reason it came up was to tell the story.

And no. I’m not telling you where I work. You’re the type to attempt to get me fired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You sound like a real cheap bastar*. Where do you coach?

That’s not very nice. When conversation turns to insults the whole thing just breaks down and becomes non productive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That’s not very nice. When conversation turns to insults the whole thing just breaks down and becomes non productive. 

You know. I’m Used to to the opposite. Being told I spend too much. Though I suppose this is just an opportunity to grandstand and play the “holier than thou” game. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally weird that someone would try and rip on you for not only coaching kids for absolute pennies, but turning around spending that money on the kids?!?!  Can't wait to see how he tries to turn it around and make himself the victim again. 

And watch out, you may get a "?" from him!!!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2022 at 6:41 AM, jp157 said:

We had a teachable moment with my team the other week. I found out our manager/stat girl who acts like the team mom was making them sandwiches at the tournament. Apparently some of them said they didn’t know how to make a sandwich.

After throwing up in my mouth a little. We had a little man card test for the team. Can you be a young man and feed yourself.. or are you helpless mommas boy? The entire team passed.. except for a backup who wasn’t wrestling. He ate last because he wasn’t wrestling. He actually came up to me asking if he could eat finally. (Food I bought btw). When he saw it was just heel bread. He literally stomped his foot and said, voice cracking, “I’d rather starve” and stomped up the stairs. Needless to say, Johnny boy failed the man test that day.

 

The entire team felt it was necessary to remind him of such too. Bowing to the positive peer pressure. Johnny boy made his sandwich with heel bread. I was somewhat proud of him

 

Why am I telling y’all this? Cause it’s a Cinnabon thread with no Cinnabons to eat so I might as well tell an anecdote that made me chuckle 

 

*and I have no good movie quotes off top of my head 

For optimal performance, prepare the sandwiches prior to weighing in. You don’t want your athletes eating sequentially in the 1-2 hour time window. The second they get off the scale, let the refueling begin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

For optimal performance, prepare the sandwiches prior to weighing in. You don’t want your athletes eating sequentially in the 1-2 hour time window. The second they get off the scale, let the refueling begin. 

That’s what we normally do. Due to a lot of circumstances my assistant had to run and get food on way there. But you are absolutely right.
 

It was actually a great tournament too. Kids showed mental toughness. We lost a duel by one point to a mediocre team 2 days before. Wrestled.. not to their potential. The tournament was much tougher competition and they wrestled well. They responded the right way mentally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2022 at 4:57 PM, MadMardigain said:

Not sure if you should be proud of him that he decided to step up or mildly disappointed he backpedaled pretty quickly from his original stance.   If you are going to take a hard stance then sometimes you need to see it through.  

Eh. It was free food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

True. My mistake.

So you aren’t going to acknowledge the fact you were a complete tool? If you are too soft to do that..
I’d like you to explain.. specifically.. how me buying my athletes food with my money.. makes me quote “a cheap bastar*”

The obvious hypocrisy aside. I’d actually like to see your “logic”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...