CoachWrestling

AJ Ferrari reportedly "got into a bad wreck". No other info

6 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

Where is the source stating he was passing in a no pass zone? I have seen nothing official about this.

In the already cited article already posted

"Although the Oklahoma Highway Patrol was in charge of the scene, the Payne County Sheriff’s Office also responded. Sheriff Joe Harper told the News Press the accident appeared to have occurred as one vehicle was trying to pass on the two-lane road and struck the other vehicle head-on.

He said at the time the more seriously injured patient was flown out.

According to the official Oklahoma Department of Public Safety report, there were two vehicles involved in the collision.

Ferrari and Rodriguez were in a 2019 Dodge Durango being driven by Ferrari. The other vehicle was a 2007 Chevy pickup driven by Valenda McKee, 56, of Ripley. McKee was not injured, according to the report. 

According to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, the Durango was westbound and pickup was eastbound as the Durango was passing three cars while cresting a hill. The Durango struck the pickup, departed the roadway and overturned an unknown amount of time."

Source: https://www.stwnewspress.com/sports/developing-aj-ferrari-involved-in-car-wreck-monday-night/article_e57df90a-7d91-11ec-972f-6b9bfa3a93b7.html

Edited by CoachWrestling

6 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

Where is the source stating he was passing in a no pass zone? I have seen nothing official about this.

According to the official Oklahoma Department of Public Safety report, there were two vehicles involved in the collision.

Ferrari and Rodriguez were in a 2019 Dodge Durango being driven by Ferrari. The other vehicle was a 2007 Chevy pickup driven by Valenda McKee, 56, of Ripley. McKee was not injured, according to the report. 

According to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, the Durango was westbound and pickup was eastbound as the Durango was passing three cars while cresting a hill. The Durango struck the pickup, departed the roadway and overturned an unknown amount of time.

The cause of collision was listed as passing in a no-passing zone. Seat belts were in use by all involved. Conditions were listed as clear and dry.

Passing multiple cars in a no-passing zone, which is typical prior to a hill, while cresting said hill.

13 minutes ago, jp157 said:

The link shows an updated article (still several hours old at this time).  I'm sure that there will be a police investigation of the accident so all details in the article should be considered preliminary.

"Seat belts were in use by all involved."  Lots of similar roads where I live and single-vehicle fatal accidents are common, almost always when the driver is ejected from the vehicle because of failure to buckle up.  Ferrari and Rodriguez are alive probably thanks to seat belts and air bags.

Just now, jdalu75 said:

The link shows an updated article (still several hours old at this time).  I'm sure that there will be a police investigation of the accident so all details in the article should be considered preliminary.

"Seat belts were in use by all involved."  Lots of similar roads where I live and single-vehicle fatal accidents are common, almost always when the driver is ejected from the vehicle because of failure to buckle up.  Ferrari and Rodriguez are alive probably thanks to seat belts and air bags.

I hadn’t seen it since it was updated. I will be very happy if he’s not internally bleeding and okay 

Anyone know if any traffic citations were issued?  Sometimes that is a clue as to who the police think is responsible for the crash.  Sounds like the injuries are not life threatening, but that does. not mean he will be back on the mats anytime soon.  

10 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why would his dad take the time to write a FB post before figuring out the details of his child's bad wreck?

I say that in the spirit of hoping everyone is fine.

thats the worst time... not knowing... so he wants to pray.

not sure the problem here.

5 minutes ago, GockeS said:

so basically all this talk

either he deserved it or it was an accident.

i really can't believe people.

I don’t think people are saying he “deserved” to get hurt or whatever. It’s more frustration that if that how the wreck happened we wish he’d have been smarter. At least for me

https://okstate.com/news/2022/1/24/wrestling-osu-athletics-update.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3ULNzjr685zHjF3zaTbrlkq1ZIGv80J5VH1FhJ6niiItKECPGJXcqKOBk

OSU says the injuries are "not life threatening," but it does not say the injuries are minor. The school also says that AJ was helicoptered to a hospital. I wouldn't think they do that for people who are not badly hurt. But maybe they do so in Oklahoma where the distance to a hospital cane be great.

Wish him well and hope he has no serious long last injuries. While I don't necessarily "like" his antics all the time, he is great for the sport and fun to watch.

As for his driving, I'll let the justice system deal with that and keep my judgments to myself.

"The cause of collision was listed as passing in a no-passing zone."

Extremely stupid and nobody to blame but himself. I like AJ and I think he's good for the sport and I hope this is a serious wake up call that you can be brash and loud when the cameras are rolling, but you shouldn't always live your life off the mat like it's a Limp Bizkit song.

2 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

It was probably a bit too soon, but he almost killed multiple people driving like a jerk. It wasn’t completely off base, just poorly timed. 

Not as poorly timed as the pass it would seem.  Tony Baretta had a saying about this very thing...

I do hope he's OK.

Edited by BerniePragle

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He will be fine and will probably miss 1 or 2 duals.  He will probably get a hefty fine for reckless driving and a few points on his license.

He will dominate at NCAAs and repeat as champ.  Book it.

What are you, a psychic? 

8 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

I'm sure this will piss off some of you crybabies but passing three cars in a no passing zone isn't very bright. Maybe his fantasy of invincibility will disappear after this.

He got lucky. Hopefully this is a wake-up call that he is not invincible and needs to be smarter about the choices he makes. He is incredibly talented, and the sport of wrestling is better with him competing. Hoping for a quick recovery for AJ.

2 hours ago, GockeS said:

thats the worst time... not knowing... so he wants to pray.

not sure the problem here.

I get why people are wondering why his dad posted. I see a ton of people posting on social media about private matters that I would never want posted about myself or my family. I also see a ton of people posting private matters who seem to just want attention which I also think is weird (not saying his dad does, just saying it's weird when people do this).

I wish all injured recover.  Horrible tragedy.

Sadly, a reasonable question is whether AJ will be arrested.

From what I read (which may be wrong) … he was passing in no passing zone with what sounds like a hill obstructing ability to see on coming traffic.  How bad off is the other driver?  

20 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

I get why people are wondering why his dad posted. I see a ton of people posting on social media about private matters that I would never want posted about myself or my family. I also see a ton of people posting private matters who seem to just want attention which I also think is weird (not saying his dad does, just saying it's weird when people do this).

i agree.

im just saying... not knowing whats going on is the worst feeling.  he's reaching out...