CoachWrestling

AJ Ferrari reportedly "got into a bad wreck". No other info

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Good for you.  Every once in a while I still think there is hope for you.  I haven't stopped praying for you and now this further bolsters my belief in hope for you!

Southern Baptist church mom “praying for you” with a “bless your heart” to with praying for you?

Been on that road, it can be tough passing day time because of hills, but at night prob can't even see there's a hill coming, hence why the no passing and no excuse for that, might have started passing before got to the no passing line but also no excuse for trying to pass 3 cars at night.  Praying for all involved and sounds like everyone will be fine.  My experience with college students is a lot of accidents that first year or two.  You are combining an 18-20 year old I'm invincible with completely new surroundings environments and new friends.  For those sending kids off to college, have the talk.   Again, very glad all ok, sounds like football coach (Casey Dunn) perhaps at the same event, on the same road, pulled the two out.  No parent wants to get that call.  

Edited by ionel

26 minutes ago, nom said:

I wish all injured recover.  Horrible tragedy.

Sadly, a reasonable question is whether AJ will be arrested.

From what I read (which may be wrong) … he was passing in no passing zone with what sounds like a hill obstructing ability to see on coming traffic.  How bad off is the other driver?  

According to the Stillwater News Press the occupant of the second vehicle declined treatment.

I wish all injured recover.  Horrible tragedy.
Sadly, a reasonable question is whether AJ will be arrested.
From what I read (which may be wrong) … he was passing in no passing zone with what sounds like a hill obstructing ability to see on coming traffic.  How bad off is the other driver?  

Unlikely arrest unless AJ was under the influence of something. Nothing we know so far would rise to criminal recklessness.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

Been on that road, it can be tough passing day time because of hills, but at night prob can't even see there's a hill coming, hence why the no passing and no excuse for that, might have started passing before got to the no passing line but also no excuse for trying to pass 3 cars at night.  Praying for all involved and sounds like everyone will be fine.  My experience with college students is a lot of accidents that first year or two.  You are combining an 18-20 year old I'm invincible with completely new surroundings environments and new friends.  For those sending kids off to college, have the talk.   Again, very glad all ok, sounds like football coach (Casey Dunn) perhaps at the same event, on the same road, pulled the two out.  No parent wants to get that call.  

I assume they have the lines in the middle of the road, broken to indicate passing and solid lines to indicate no passing. 

30 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Southern Baptist church mom “praying for you” with a “bless your heart” to with praying for you?

Definitely not Southern Baptist.  I was an altar boy(while never seeing the slightest hint of pastoral infidelities, so leave those jokes at home!). Just was taught to pray for those most in need.  Tbar most often seems to me to fall into that category!  ;) 

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

Definitely not Southern Baptist.  I was an altar boy(while never seeing the slightest hint of pastoral infidelities, so leave those jokes at home!). Just was taught to pray for those most in need.  Tbar most often seems to me to fall into that category!  ;) 

If you have me in your "most in need" category I will take all the prayers you want to send. 

8 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Judge not, lest ye be judged!

Glad to read that no one appears to be seriously injured.

9 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

If you have me in your "most in need" category I will take all the prayers you want to send. 

Winky faced that one at the end!  All said in good fun.  Still, prayers are a good thing whether you believe in Religion or not.  I am all for giving them out as much as possible and open to taking as many as possible as well!

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

Winky faced that one at the end!  All said in good fun.  Still, prayers are a good thing whether you believe in Religion or not.  I am all for giving them out as much as possible and open to taking as many as possible as well!

Aha! You don't read my posts as closely as I once thought. 

Two Our Fathers, three Hail Marys, and an Apostles Creed for you. 

4 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Ralph Nader is a great American.

But could only get 2 or 3 percent of the vote.

I've always thought it was truly amazing how Big Business dollars can put pretty lipstick on the worst of pigs, while painting someone, who has always had the interest of the common person at heart, as the enemy.

37 minutes ago, Major Kong said:

Thank the stars (and yes, the evil government) for seat belts and air bags.

35 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Did I recently miss some thing? Is there a rising moral outrage protest of seat belts and air bags? 

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Just not "recently".

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Well, yes, the laws tend to draw the reactions when they're instituted or discussed.  Are you anti-seatbelt laws?

Answering for myself instead of Tbar, I am not against the law for the fact that it can and often does save lives.  However, I did have issues with it when it came out because it was ONLY instituted because of insurance companies lobbying so hard and THEY were the ones that benefited the most from it.  

Sort of an "ends justify the means" argument in that case...

21 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Also, thank that notoriously "bad guy" Ralph Nader.

Release the hounds!!

Wow, I was gonna say Ralph but thought some would freak out. Maybe they're too young to know anything about him!

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Well, yes, the laws tend to draw the reactions when they're instituted or discussed.  Are you anti-seatbelt laws?

The attention span of the average American is about 30 seconds anymore.  That's probably the biggest reason we're in the $hit$torm we're constantly in.  It's no accident (no pun intended, considering the thread).

42 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I assume they have the lines in the middle of the road, broken to indicate passing and solid lines to indicate no passing. 

That would be the case and prob a sign side of road.  ~20 year old college kids make mistakes, he made a bad mistake.  

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Not at all. I am anti "not knowing what the hell is going on" and was just surprised to learn today that I may have completely missed a recent big anti seatbelt movement. I would have been surprised had something like that transpired without my noticing it.

Just now, ionel said:

That would be the case and prob a sign side of road.  ~20 year old college kids make mistakes, he made a bad mistake.  

Hope he curbs his enthusiasm a bit when handling life altering equipment of any kind. Safety first. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Not at all. I am anti "not knowing what the hell is going on" and was just surprised to learn today that I may have completely missed a recent big anti seatbelt movement. I would have been surprised had something like that transpired without my noticing it.

Cool.  I'm going to tap out on this area of the discussion, because, as pointed out by @Antitroll2828, that's not what this thread is about.  Normally I don't mind threads going any which way, but this is a pretty serious topic.  I'm not blaming you for it going off topic, either.

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Always nice when a thread about an elite wrestler getting into a serious and scary car accident devolves into pages of pissing contests and absolute nonsense

Feel free to give us any updates on AJ.

41 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Haha alright