CoachWrestling

AJ Ferrari reportedly "got into a bad wreck". No other info

19 hours ago, dman115 said:

Totally agree...and if he would have said that, I would have agreed.  Maybe I missed the reference to that somewhere along the way?

Maybe it was at the same time you misrepresented him as saying he thought AJ was a terrible person in life??  Maybe you drag a comment well to the extreme past its intent or context, and then put it on the other person for not speaking correctly??

13 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It doesn't require it, no, but it requires something more than just breaking a traffic law. Passing in a no passing lane is a traffic infraction. Traffic infractions are not crimes, nor are car accidents. Most car accidents involve somebody breaking a traffic law, but most accidents are not crimes.

If they had evidence he was weaving in and out of traffic, crossing the no pass lines repeatedly, speeding, etc, maybe you get there.

EDIT: Obviously he's likely civilly liable for damages, but that's different. Traffic infractions typically are considered administrative laws, not criminal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You're an attorney with a criminal law background, I take it?

In my state, traffic infractions are also administrative; however, based on the information presented to us about this incident, we would probably charge him with reckless driving and negligent injury, which are both criminal offenses.

7 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

You're an attorney with a criminal law background, I take it?

In my state, traffic infractions are also administrative; however, based on the information presented to us about this incident, we would probably charge him with reckless driving and negligent injury, which are both criminal offenses.

I do exclusively criminal work.

Edited by VakAttack

26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Maybe it was at the same time you misrepresented him as saying he thought AJ was a terrible person in life??  Maybe you drag a comment well to the extreme past its intent or context, and then put it on the other person for not speaking correctly??

So you felt the need to say something after I admitted I misunderstood??  Got it...thanks Lurker...

7 minutes ago, dman115 said:

So you felt the need to say something after I admitted I misunderstood??  Got it...thanks Lurker...

I didn't see where you admitted you misunderstood, actually I still don't, but none the less I just said what I said while reading the post I responded to.  But....that's kind of my point. How you 'misunderstood'.  Because nothing was said even remotely close to him thinking AJ was a 'terrible person in life', but that's what you decided to go with.  Not sure how what he said can be 'misunderstood' into what you claimed he was saying.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I didn't see where you admitted you misunderstood, actually I still don't, but none the less I just said what I said while reading the post I responded to.  But....that's kind of my point. How you 'misunderstood'.  Because nothing was said even remotely close to him thinking AJ was a 'terrible person in life', but that's what you decided to go with.  Not sure how what he said can be 'misunderstood' into what you claimed he was saying.

Well if you read all the back and forth between me, Billy, and someone else, I was in a conversation with someone about how some on here make very personal comments about someone they don't know based off social media crap.  Billy responded to me to say something about illegal things followed by social media posts by AJ with guns....I asked him to help me understand that.  We went back and forth and he did help me understand, and then we ended up agreeing on something.  And through part of that I made commentary to those that in fact do judge people based on social media and having never met the person...that's it.  Wasn't directed directly at Billy.  Felt like he understood that...and it was over.

Maybe help me understand why you brought all this back up?  Do/did my posts bother you?  

1 minute ago, dman115 said:

Well if you read all the back and forth between me, Billy, and someone else, I was in a conversation with someone about how some on here make very personal comments about someone they don't know based off social media crap.  Billy responded to me to say something about illegal things followed by social media posts by AJ with guns....I asked him to help me understand that.  We went back and forth and he did help me understand, and then we ended up agreeing on something.  And through part of that I made commentary to those that in fact do judge people based on social media and having never met the person...that's it.  Wasn't directed directly at Billy.  Felt like he understood that...and it was over.

Maybe help me understand why you brought all this back up?  Do/did my posts bother you?  

Taking something someone says, and stretching it to an extreme that goes well beyond even remotely close to what someone actually said so that you can create an argument for yourself, is kind of a pet peeve of mine.  Hope that helps you understand.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Taking something someone says, and stretching it to an extreme that goes well beyond even remotely close to what someone actually said so that you can create an argument for yourself, is kind of a pet peeve of mine.  Hope that helps you understand.

LOL...okay...I understand clearly now...

24 minutes ago, NJDan said:

As far as wrestling goes, if he was charged criminally, would the NCAA or OSU necessarily suspend him? Or does that depend on the nature of the crime?

Why would they suspend him?  Ruth was charged criminally for his Taco Bell indiscretion and still competed.

This isn't the NFL.

Edited by lu_alum

Just now, lu_alum said:

Why would they suspend him?  Ruth was charged criminally for this Taco Bell indiscretion and still competed.

This isn't the NFL.

OTOH, Gable was suspended when he was arrested IIRC.

14 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It doesn't require it, no, but it requires something more than just breaking a traffic law. Passing in a no passing lane is a traffic infraction. Traffic infractions are not crimes, nor are car accidents. Most car accidents involve somebody breaking a traffic law, but most accidents are not crimes.

If they had evidence he was weaving in and out of traffic, crossing the no pass lines repeatedly, speeding, etc, maybe you get there.

EDIT: Obviously he's likely civilly liable for damages, but that's different. Traffic infractions typically are considered administrative laws, not criminal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Up until this year, all traffic citations in Nevada were misdemeanors.  1mph over the speed limit was a misdemeanor.  You got some good posts in this thread.  I learned a lot.  Seriously

This thread has shown me that there are some very smart posters who know a lot of things in different avenues of life.  I would bet we could have a cold one and hours would pass quick.  keep it up

5 hours ago, cjc007 said:

He should get hit with multiple traffic violations.

He's lucky to be alive right now.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Agree 100 percent on this.   There is a reason why YOUNG people have to pay much more for car insurance than older (wiser) drivers.   Primarily because it is young people who do completely asinine things like passing three cars ILLEGALLY in a NO PASSING ZONE while driving into a blind hill (where you can't see oncoming traffic) with a passenger in their car.  He  put not only his life and his passenger's life at risk but he also put the lives of everyone else on that highway at that time at risk as well.   THROW THE BOOK AT HIM..........AND THEN THROW SOME MORE STUFF AT HIM until there are signs of a brain in his head.

what is missing from your lives that you want a person to suffer criminally / scholastically / athletically for making a bad decision?

whether or not AJ faces any repercussions has zero affect on me or anyone else. and yet i think rational, self aware people would hope he learned from this and makes better decisions next time.

not some of you though. some of you literally request the worst possible outcome for a person that, by all reports, caused nothing more than damage to material things. 

Edited by Husker_Du

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

what is missing from your lives that you want a person to suffer criminally / scholastically / athletically for making a bad decision?

whether or not AJ faces any repercussions has zero affect on me or anyone else. and yet i think rationale, self aware people would hope he learned from this and makes better decisions next time.

not some of you though. some of you literally request the worst possible outcome for a person that, by all reports, caused nothing more than damage to material things. 

This is my very least favorite part of the Internet.  Nearly everyone can judge from on high and act like they are above reproach.  On top of that, everyone is guilty until proven innocent.  IF it is proven he did something illegal(criminal, administrative, civil, etc.) he should be subject to the exact same penalties that anyone else would be in the same situation.  No more, no less.  And, UNTIL it is proven, the guy IS innocent and everyone should be more concerned about his health as long as no one else was hurt during the situation...

agree MSU.

stupid? bold? careless? yeah. none of us did stupid **** when we were young? our children haven't/don't?

and coming from Bronco - the brain dead fan who wanted a full scale congressional hearing on Stanford not putting out enough preseason press releases. 

whack jobs. 

Edited by Husker_Du

6 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

whether or not AJ faces any repercussions has zero affect on me or anyone else. and yet i think rationale, self aware people would hope he learned from this and makes better decisions next time.

It actually has an affect on at least two other people. The passenger in his car and the driver of the other car. He has caused damage to both. And both are owed compensation.

I had a cousin in law get paralyzed in an accident caused by another driver. The other driver had minimal insurance and no assets, so the recovery was within a rounding error of zero. The system does not always help the victim.

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

what does your cousin have to do with anything?

according to reports, no one was injured.

if there were it would be a different conversation.

Rodriguez and AJ were injured.  The other driver was not.

This is probably a situation that gets settled civilly or by insurance.  I doubt there will be a criminal prosecution unless the other driver pushes for it.  

I think AJ will learn from this, but imo don't see the need to throw the book at him for a mistake like this.