CoachWrestling

AJ Ferrari reportedly "got into a bad wreck". No other info

5 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

I'm saying he shouldn't be charged with reckless driving even if his reported actions (passing 3 cars at night on a 2 lane highway in a no pass zone leading to a crash) may technically fit the requirement for probable cause of that law. 

I apologize I didn't sift through the whole topic. Thought that "detail" would have been more prominent.

yeah the idea of moral luck makes a lot of sense.

Edited by hammerlockthree

16 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

agree MSU.

stupid? bold? careless? yeah. none of us did stupid **** when we were young? our children haven't/don't?

and coming from Bronco - the brain dead fan who wanted a full scale congressional hearing on Stanford not putting out enough preseason press releases. 

whack jobs. 

wow good luck finding pac 12 dual results now willie

47 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

wow good luck finding pac 12 dual results now willie

They are very easy to find like all the other duals .   Wrestlestat, Track wrestling.   The Pac 12, believe it or not, has the internet too. 

Given the serious outcome of this incident, a fair resolution would be to throw the book at him: reckless driving ticket.  He can plea bargain to driving a defective vehicle, keep his license, pay a minimal fine and enroll in a defensive driving course.  Done and done.

I know I come at this from a biased perspective as a defense attorney, but we are way too comfortable as a country with incarcerating people for accidents and way too quick to judge complicated things off simple initial headlines.  The truth is we don't know enough about this situation to have informed opinions, even me and other attorneys on this board, as to what should happen legally.

18 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I know I come at this from a biased perspective as a defense attorney, but we are way too comfortable as a country with incarcerating people for accidents and way too quick to judge complicated things off simple initial headlines.  The truth is we don't know enough about this situation to have informed opinions, even me and other attorneys on this board, as to what should happen legally.

Thank you 

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Spot on

18 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

This seems a bit naive to assume that they will base it entirely on probable cause and input from the other drivers.  The DA in NYC or Philadelphia would likely never press charges for something like this, regardless of what anyone else wanted.  While maybe the DA in Oklahoma could have a more "law and order" philosophy. Prosecution has always been in part discretionary and based on the moral leanings and even political goals of the prosecutor (and not just following the letter of probable cause and the law).  

And you know this because....

1 hour ago, potentiallydangerous said:

If they're not going to charge Alec Baldwin for killing someone, they're certainly not going to charge AJ for not killing someone.

I think people have cooled on the hot take about a criminal prosecution (or at least I hope they have). It seems like this is a personal injury/damage to property case. He will have some financial liabilities as a result of this. Seems about right if everyone recovers from whatever injuries they have.