Jimmy Cinnabon

If Penn State beats Iowa this week, I will leave this forum forever

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Your account is less than 1 year old and you don't have enough posts to qualify.  Sorry.

Duh, that may have been what I meant by "sliding in here on both accounts".

"Steady as she goes, Jimmy".

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

I can slide in here on both "accounts".

BTW, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum this morning.  

What was the funny thing sir

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Looks like of the original 4 people accepting the bet only Wrestlingknownothing is sticking with it.

Still need 9 more people...

Given your history it makes sense that you do not include yourself as accepting (the other side of) the bet.

I enjoy a good concept art piece.

38 minutes ago, jp157 said:

What was the funny thing sir

Probably too oblique of a reference for a wrestling audience.  Read the link attached, paying special attention to the first line in "The Plot".  Let me know if it makes sense or it was a complete swing and miss on my part.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Funny_Thing_Happened_on_the_Way_to_the_Forum_(film)

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Please sign me up.

Edit: I will still patrol and react to posts.  So I will be here and folks can message me privately then.

If you are reacting to posts that means you are still logged into the forum, which would mean I could come back as well.  You'd have to leave the forum completely.  You can read posts while not logged in though.

43 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Probably too oblique of a reference for a wrestling audience.  Read the link attached, paying special attention to the first line in "The Plot".  Let me know if it makes sense or it was a complete swing and miss on my part.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Funny_Thing_Happened_on_the_Way_to_the_Forum_(film)

Bernie, you are carbon dating yourself! That film had Buster Keaton in it. Buster was so old that he was born in the 1800s and his wiki page has his original nickel plated photograph. Ha!

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

If you are reacting to posts that means you are still logged into the forum, which would mean I could come back as well.  You'd have to leave the forum completely.  You can read posts while not logged in though.

So, dumb. Re-read your original post. This time critically.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Looks like of the original 4 people accepting the bet only Wrestlingknownothing is sticking with it.

That's a lie. I said I'd take your bet if you honored your previous bet and paid up.  You're the welcher after all

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

An individual who is famous for not honoring his side of a bet is proposing another bet.  In this case, he considers his value as equal to that of ten others.

Thank you for putting it in perspective.  Respect.

This is a real dilemma - I am new to this forum and I only post on it out of boredom and because there are no other forums out there.  Having said that - I think PSU will beat Iowa.  Also,, I really don't care if the airport cinamon roll guy leaves or not because I think he is somewhat humorous.  Finally, there is no real way to keep folks from lurking on these sites and if I said I was going to leave - and changed my mind - who can enforce that.

Will all that being said (and due to the fact I am running out of things to add - Put Me Down for PSU.  What the heck!

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

You wouldn't have left at all, dumbass.  If you win, how TF are you going to be coming back from anything?

7 minutes ago, JerryCallo said:

This is a real dilemma - I am new to this forum and I only post on it out of boredom and because there are no other forums out there.  Having said that - I think PSU will beat Iowa.  Also,, I really don't care if the airport cinamon roll guy leaves or not because I think he is somewhat humorous.  Finally, there is no real way to keep folks from lurking on these sites and if I said I was going to leave - and changed my mind - who can enforce that.

Will all that being said (and due to the fact I am running out of things to add - Put Me Down for PSU.  What the heck!

You joined in 2012.  Ten years ago, how are you new?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm in for PSU even though you're never going to pay up

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Please sign me up.

Edit: I will still patrol and react to posts.  So I will be here and folks can message me privately then.

But the ambiguous account avatar. 

For the longest time I thought your image was a smiling piece of toast with a serving of butter at the top. 

I did not know I signed up 10 years ago - but I have less than 200 posts - which is about 20 a year - or less than 2 a month?  

I am in if I am worthy. 

Edited by JerryCallo
typo

12 minutes ago, HawkY said:

But the ambiguous account avatar. 

For the longest time I thought your image was a smiling piece of toast with a serving of butter at the top. 

Ahh ... you mean it is not?  I always thought he was the just plain toast poster as opposed to the fancy pastry poster.  Who knew.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯