• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Kouros

Kouros

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

I think to be honest, once we're back in, we're in long term (or probably for good) as they are not going to go through this rigmarole all over again every few years, it is far too costly and time consuming.

And also, wrestling will have been "put to the test and won" once and for all.

#22 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

I think to be honest, once we're back in, we're in long term (or probably for good) as they are not going to go through this rigmarole all over again every few years, it is far too costly and time consuming.

Several others sport go through this process with the IOC every few cycles, so it not sweat off the IOC back to go through this process. Squash for instance has attempted to gain entry into the Olympics for the last several cycles. The only difference this time around seems to be the IOC wanting to cut down to a set number of sports an competators. I'd guess the IOC would have not issue making us prove we deserve to stay for a few cycles in a row before reinstating wrestling and trying another sport.

#23 Kouros

Kouros

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Several others sport go through this process with the IOC every few cycles, so it not sweat off the IOC back to go through this process. Squash for instance has attempted to gain entry into the Olympics for the last several cycles. The only difference this time around seems to be the IOC wanting to cut down to a set number of sports an competators. I'd guess the IOC would have not issue making us prove we deserve to stay for a few cycles in a row before reinstating wrestling and trying another sport.

There are many sports that are continually applying to be included in the Olympics, but seldom does a sport that has been removed go through the process of applying for RE-entry.

In fact this is a rare move. Once we're [back] in, I'm confident we'll be staying long term!

Best wishes

#24 quanon

quanon

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

You couldn't attack the legs with your hands, but you could trip/reap the legs.

Grabbing below the groin was not allowed (they were wearing loincloths, and sometimes only a leaf.....)

** edited my post to state grabbing below the groin was *not* allowed

Do you have a source for this? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users