Sign in to follow this  
LtWtLooker

NCAA officials, rigid buttheads read article

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... 07788.html

I can't wait for all the "rules are rules" guys to circle their wagons on this. It is far past time for NCAA to be thoroughly investigated, tried, convicted and disbanded. Always attacking student athletes and honest coaches while some of the boards, U.Pres, ADs, a small handful of coaches and other functionaries are wining dining and ripping off and perverting the system.

Regarding their veniality and poor management practices, to say the least, let's revisit Sandusky affair. Keep in mind that Graham Spanier former Pres. PSU was Chair of NCAA D1 Board directors and member of Exec. board probably more powerful than CEO of NCAA. He was the martinet who strictly enforced the NCAA rulebook, especially prosecuting student athlete and agent alleged violations, under the current regime.

He is trying to get all charges dropped on Sandusky cover-up on a technicality. Read here: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... ditio.html

Regarding NCAA role read here:

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/07 ... ?mobile=nc

The NCAA remedy on Sandusky was to penalize student body, fans and athletes by grabbing the money. Where is their out cry for justice and the head of Spanier, who the Freeh report convincingly indicts as being a large part of cover up. At this writing Spanier is still on paid leave from PSU as is AD Curley and VP Schultz pending trial. NCAA silent and still ripping off the cream from College sports.

Regardless of how silly some of the violations can be and whether or not the NCAA really had the right to do to PSU what they did, I don't believe THEY grabbed the money per se. My understanding is that the money goes to appropriate charities involving child abuse.

The NCAA is not an external, autonomous institution. It IS the member institutions. It has all the faults of an organization with diverse membership. Probably the best place to voice concerns is with your own school, where you stand a slightly better likelihood of being heard and perhaps beginning some change. They aren't going to simply abandon their rules/structure/habits without a compelling and well supported alternative. That means all the schools that are members would have to choose to change what they created.

If Bull**** Flew they would have wings and they have that and a lot of money...Can someone post where every penny is being spent and not at a fund raiser or social event...No we get gays are someone that can be part of the Boy Scouts but not their leaders...Money well spent!!!

The NCAA is not an external, autonomous institution. It IS the member institutions. It has all the faults of an organization with diverse membership. Probably the best place to voice concerns is with your own school, where you stand a slightly better likelihood of being heard and perhaps beginning some change. They aren't going to simply abandon their rules/structure/habits without a compelling and well supported alternative. That means all the schools that are members would have to choose to change what they created.

this is important to remember. the NCAA serves at the behest of the school presidents. the presidents more or less keep things the way they are because it keeps the alumni money rolling in (and now TV money, but thats kind of a separate issue), and no one wants to rock the boat.

im not defending the NCAA in the slightest, but if you disbanded it tomorrow, something similar would just take it's place. it goes alumni>presidents>NCAA, not the other way around.

I have no issue with it.

What was the penalty that was so severe? She had to pay $20?

What if this were a state school? Should athletes be able to use tax payer funded utilities for their own gain while the school looks the other way?

This isn't much of a story...

Jaroslav and CC do some research dudes you are completely wrong on who serves whom. Gimp respectfully NCAA grabbed cash there is nothing in their purview to prejudge a legal case and snatch funds for any purpose. Restitution to victims is a legal matter. NCAA way over stepped. I am completely in favor of as much financial restitution as possible. I believe based on a thorough reading of Freeh the institution its officers and probably board members were in loop. There is also compelling evidence in my opinion that a couple of DAs county and St. and local and St. police who covered or turned a blind eye. The social worker definitely violated the law. The law in PA. is very clear on pedophile allegations and how legal authorities, school admins, police etc must (there is no wiggle room) to act. There were many instances where these laws were not adhered. My main point though is that NCAA over reaches often and it is aimed mostly at those who must pay for their own lawyers. The kids coaches and minions and the fans. Spanier was a particular martinet and those at NCAA knew it and stood idly by. They are still standing idly by in his case and in the case of the Board in not calling for personal damages vs the admin and those who were derelict. You can't seriously believe that Spanier, Schultz, Curley, Joe Pa. the police chief, the social worker, the janitor and the asst coach knew of this and the Board had no idea. I guess the same guys and gals that believe Benghazi, IRS, Fast and Furious and the other scandal du jour were carried out by a few low level employees are carrying this water also.