Elevator

PSU Current Lineup Would Beat Iowa All-Time Team

15 minutes ago, portajohn said:

He also has a 3rd name.  Created a post stating Aaron Brooks shouldn't wrestle

Yeah that was sweet and chivalrous. Participation trophies apparently aren't good enough.  Now people shouldn't even wrestle if it looks like the score won't be close.

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

My point is that this PSU team is so good it could beat the all-time Iowa team at their NCAA peaks.  Others may, and apparently do, disagree.  I'm ok with that!

The PSU team that is so good, is almost the same team as last year that could not beat the 20-21 Iowa team....but they can beat the all-time Iowa team at their peak. Got ya. 

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

The PSU team that is so good, is almost the same team as last year that could not beat the 20-21 Iowa team....but they can beat the all-time Iowa team at their peak. Got ya. 

Agreed, the current PSU team would get destroyed by an all-time Iowa squad.  His scores are also way off.  Hilde, Bartlett, Bearclaw, and Berge would all get bonused, and some of them would be pinned.  The only guy who I can see beating an all-time Iowa guy is Brooks, and it would be a close one if his opponent is Campbell.  A more intriguing match-up would be all-time Iowa versus all-time PSU.

11 hours ago, Elevator said:

No, if you measure by their NCAA levels (an not post-collegiate training).  On line-up, its debatable but I lean swapping Brooks in for 184 and have Bo take 197 - much as I admire Wright.   Closest might by Ok State cowboys.  

I’m not sure I’m ready to put Brooks in there yet, but Wright was the one I questioned. If he’s out I think I’d put Hall in at 174 and bump up both Ruth and Nickal.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:54 PM, Elevator said:

Who thinks so?

Here how it might look:

125                         Davis DEC Hildebrand  Iowa up 3.

Since Spencer Lee is recovering from surgery, Barry Davis can finish those donuts and gets the nod at 125. Davis has a little more old school tricks from neutral than Hildebrand has defenses.

133                         RBY dec Tom Brands   3-3

RBY is too fast and too slick for Brands – go behinds in every period and might scare a major.

141                         Nick Lee de Randy Lewis PSU up 6-3

Lee has shown us that he can adjust to the magic leg style and wins in OT like he did in the 2021 NCAA final against the Riddler.

149                         McIlravy dec Bartlett   Tied at 6.

Bartlett can keep it close, but the boot scoot comes through late.

157                         Zalesky dec Bearclaw  Iowa back on top by 3, 9-6.

Zalesky overcomes the cool name and gets the decision.

165                         Joe Williams v. Berge   Iowa up by 6, 12-6.

Berge has excellent defense, yes, but Joe finds an opening with a blast double.

174                         Carter Starocci dec. Royce Alger Iowa up 3, 12-9

Royce has some tricks, but Starrocci’s defense and re-shots wins the day.

184                         Aaron Brooks dec Chris Campbell  All tied at 12-12

Would this be a great match, but Brook already has shown he beats Olympic medalists. 

197                         Ed Banach v. Max Dean PSU up 3, 15-12

Similar styles, but Max too tough in top for Ed.  Max has seen the tape against Mark Shultz and exploits the weaknesses.

285                         Lou Banach v. Kerkvliet  PSU, 18-12

Kerk finishes it off with quick feet and a bruising ride.   Iowa fans wonder if they should have put out Mocco, but it would not have mattered.

This PSU dual team is one for the ages!

Iowa's ALL TIME team would win a MINIMUM of 8 Matches and 10 is  likely, 4-5 Pins and 6--7 Bonus, Remember even Penn States 4 NCAA Champions on their current team are not yet at their career peaks yet and this is supposedly based on the College Primes of both teams and since all the Iowa's Wrestlers are completed with their NCAA Careers  It is the absolute best they EVER were,  Whereas even Penn States 4 NCAA Champions are still developing,  This is a mismatch.  

I’m LOLing at the idea of guys who did day before weigh-ins competing against guys on the modern weigh-in timeline.

Take all of them and bump them up one or two weight classes. Suddenly it looks a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk