websterk149

Wrestling Sports Betting

42 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

True.  I was amazed when I saw on ESPN that someone won almost $1000 on a $5 bet on one of the NFL games that went into OT in week 18.  They bet 4 different things that had to happen for them to win, a couple of which were odd to me .  
As I said, I'm sure there will be more betting in the future on everything.  Where there is a demand, someone will supply that demand, regardless of what it is. 

With good enough odds for them, you can find someone to take about any bet.
I'm sure that if you would put down $1000 to win $2000, someone would take your bet that the Brands Bros will successfully de-pants Cael at the NCAAs.  Heck, I'm not at all a gambler, but I may even take that one.

That must be a typo Bernie. You wouldn't take this bet if it was $100 to win $2000.  Can't imagine anyone would. You might throw away $10 to win $2000?

If it wasn't a typo... I'll be happy to take that bet... : )

25 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

That must be a typo Bernie. You wouldn't take this bet if it was $100 to win $2000.  Can't imagine anyone would. You might throw away $10 to win $2000?

If it wasn't a typo... I'll be happy to take that bet... : )

Sorry, I was not clear enough.  (I may have confused myself.)  I meant as a "bookie" I would take $1000 if the Brands Bros weren't successful, or if there was no such attempt ; and pay out $2000 if there was such an attempt and they were successful.   Now, do you want some of that action?

Point being, bookies/gambling houses will (in the future) offer almost any bets if the odds are good enough in their favor.  I'm assuming that is what would happen (is happening) with betting on these much less popular events.  As opposed to the bets on, say, the Super Bowl, where they move the odds to get money bet 50/50.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:15 AM, Billyhoyle said:

For an individual sport like wrestling, one of the issues could be how easy it would be for an athlete to throw a match. It’s much more difficult to organize and get away with point shaving in basketball or football. Throwing a match in Tennis without being obvious is very tricky. But wrestling would be simple and we’ve seen matches thrown at the Olympic level (and prob others we don’t know about).  If there were odds for individual matches at dual meets, it could potentially be a disaster. 

NCAA tourney odds might pop up though. 

Circa has had odds for the last two weeks top big ten duals.