portajohn

Match of the Weekend - Hamiti vs Marinelli

Very excited for this matchup.  Hamiti has been on a tear but hasn't faced a top caliber wrestler yet.  Predictions and betting line?  I'd set the line at 3 1/2 (Marinelli) but should we be surprised if Hamiti pulls off the upset? 

Marinelli - 2XAA - Wins over top competition - 15-1 on the year - 43.75% bonus rate

Hamiti - Freshman - 17-0 on the year - 88.24% bonus rate - HS Super 32 Champ - HS Fargo Champ

Edited by portajohn

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

I'll personally guarantee you the Bull will do some pushing pulling stalling but I'll leave outcome for others to predict.

I have no idea what I'm talking about

How'd you figure out the signature?

I am picking with my heart on this one and going Marinelli, even though I've been mighty impressed by Hamiti.

I have no idea what I'm farting about 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

How'd you figure out the signature?

I have no idea what I'm farting about 

Didn't, I'm copying & pasting prob just like you.  I think Waste Management threw out the sig option.  

I have no idea what I'm talking about

but at least I'm not farting

I would call the line a pick'em in a neutral location. But in CHA, homefield is significant, so maybe something like Bull a -1.5 favorite.

Personally, if I were gambler, I'd bet against my own line and pick Hamiti anyway. The way I see it, mutual opponents swing Hamiti's way.

Tough call. But count me in for Hamiti.

If I were Bono and Reader, Hamiti would know that he’s a point or two behind from the start. He’s going to get called for stalling; if he chooses bottom in the second or third and doesn’t circle back in bounds as opposed to getting pushed out? That’s a point. Even if there are no warnings before that.

Have the brick ready, Bono, because they’re going to try to give Marinelli all the made up points they can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Bull will choose bottom of he is up by 2 takedowns after the first. 

i wonder if Hamiti will choose too if he is losing by more than 1. 

Very fun matchup. Marinelli might be a terrible style matchup for him, or his limited scrambling ability + Hamiti top game may mean Hamiti blows the score wide open. 

I’m not sure who to pick, but I think it will either be Marinelli by 2 takedowns or Hamiti blows the score wide open. I don’t think Hamiti wins by a point or two 

10 hours ago, portajohn said:

Very excited for this matchup.  Hamiti has been on a tear but hasn't faced a top caliber wrestler yet.  Predictions and betting line?  I'd set the line at 3 1/2 (Marinelli) but should we be surprised if Hamiti pulls off the upset? 

Marinelli - 2XAA - Wins over top competition - 15-1 on the year - 43.75% bonus rate

Hamiti - Freshman - 17-0 on the year - 88.24% bonus rate - HS Super 32 Champ - HS Fargo Champ

That's a big line for what you are billing as a tossup, and especially so where the favorite is not a big scorer.

Just checked wrestlestat and Marinelli hasn't lost by more than 3 points since the 2018 NCAA championships (where he had a semi-slide meltdown). He doesn't lose big, so I don't see that as an outcome. He is also doesn't put up big points against top level competition. I expect this to be within 2 points either way.

10 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Just checked wrestlestat and Marinelli hasn't lost by more than 3 points since the 2018 NCAA championships (where he had a semi-slide meltdown). He doesn't lose big, so I don't see that as an outcome. He is also doesn't put up big points against top level competition. I expect this to be within 2 points either way.

Who has Hamiti at a plus three?

As much as I enjoy busting on Iowa and its fans, I am rooting for Marinelli to win this match and NCAA's this year.  He is a knucklehead, but like Max Dean, he has won me over in that he pours his heart and soul into it.  I also love Hamiti's wrestling even though I only saw a few matches with him.  This is probably a one score in the thrid to determine the match and should be a great indicidation of whether or not Hamiti is a contender for NCAA crown this year.  165 might be the most fun weight for the fans this year?

Who has Hamiti at a plus three?
Housebuy mentioned that Hamiti blowing it open was a possibility. I see that as very unlikely. I also don't see Marinelli blowing it open, unless Hamiti is being very overrated right now.