portajohn

Match of the Weekend - Hamiti vs Marinelli

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

This didn't age well

Eh, Hamiti was coming on at the end, and based on the 3rd period, probably should have initiated more scrambles early.  His leg passes were giving Marinelli fits at the end, and I wouldn't be at all shocked if DJ beats him at Big 10s or NCAAs.

I actually think Marinelli is a bad match up for Hamiti. Alex easily broke thru Hamiti's defense but Hamiti couldn't break thru Alex's head and hands. Hamiti looks great in scrambles so maybe he can offset the strength disadvantage, just not sure that would happen by mid March. Future looks bright for him, though. 

Just now, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Wow. What is the intent behind this post?

Feels hateful. Unnecessary at best. Maybe you're having a rough day.

I have no idea what I'm farting about

haha I truly appreciate you man. 

was planning on either ignoring it or posting this gif:

ok-okay.gif

but I was also wondering if there was a way if I could just have some banter with GWN. I think he is a misunderstood individual.  

When I lived with five other roommates in college - most of us liked to scrap.  Just for fun if someone was walking back from the kitchen with a plastic cup of water, maybe you'd smack the cup of water of out his hand and shove him up against the wall.  he'd tackle you and then the neighbors would come knocking.  all in good fun and we were all friends.  I like to give benefit of the doubt and think that the dude is just looking for a bit of similar type banter and in this case didn't mean anything by it.  its like the equivalent of the old "poke" on facebook.  not sure if that still exists haha.  

5 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

ok-okay.gif

but I was also wondering if there was a way if I could just have some banter with GWN. I think he is a misunderstood individual.  

When I lived with five other roommates in college - most of us liked to scrap.  Just for fun if someone was walking back from the kitchen with a plastic cup of water, maybe you'd smack the cup of water of out his hand and shove him up against the wall.  he'd tackle you and then the neighbors would come knocking.  all in good fun and we were all friends.  I like to give benefit of the doubt and think that the dude is just looking for a bit of similar type banter and in this case didn't mean anything by it.  its like the equivalent of the old "poke" on facebook.  not sure if that still exists haha.  

Not sure if you've been following the drama-saga surrounding GWN these past few weeks but my reply was directly referencing one of his previous posts. 

He's gotten himself embroiled in conflicts with several different posters so I thought maybe he got you confused with someone that has been consistently heckling him (the rear naked choke joke has been getting brought up a lot lately), or if he was... idk, just having a tough day.

But I gotchu'

ok-okay.gif
GWN is the kind of guy that will knock the water out of your hand, and then after you tackle him, will start crying and bitching about how mean you are to him.

Hadn’t seen Hamiti before. Has an interesting herky jerky style to him. I thought Marinelli wrestled terrific against him. Hand fought well, stayed in great position and finished strong. The flip cartwheel thing Hamiti did in desperation at the end was funny. But you can tell how dangerous he already is and as he physically matures he will be a big problem for everyone. Great match. 

It was almost like I was watching a true freshman giving all he had and handing over easy points against someone who has been in the Iowa room going on 6 years who basically won by a mere 3 points.  

17 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I actually think Marinelli is a bad match up for Hamiti. Alex easily broke thru Hamiti's defense but Hamiti couldn't break thru Alex's head and hands. Hamiti looks great in scrambles so maybe he can offset the strength disadvantage, just not sure that would happen by mid March. Future looks bright for him, though. 

I was impressed at how quickly Hamiti got out from bottom (and the reversal obviously), how unintimidated he was wrestling in Carver, and his scrambling at the end.

Unfortunately, he couldn't handfight effectively, had trouble when Bull got to his leg early, and couldn't put much of a ride on him.

Whether he's able to fix some of that by Big 10s & NCAAs, I don't know, but he's certainly on his way to a great career.

As an aside, I hope he hits Valencia at NCAAs as those two will put on a show!

On 2/5/2022 at 10:29 PM, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Wow. What is the intent behind this post?

Feels hateful. Unnecessary at best. Maybe you're having a rough day.

Don't act like a tool - you know this was a Mom joke.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:35 PM, flyingcement said:

ok-okay.gif

PM me anytime. I'll send you one to kick it off.

(If it helps put it in perspective, remember that this guy goes by the name of "Poopy butthole" - I know it's a Rick & Morty reference, but still. C'mon. We all need to grow up at some point.)

16 hours ago, Crotalus said:

GWN is the kind of guy that will knock the water out of your hand, and then after you tackle him, will start crying and bitching about how mean you are to him.

Crotalus - You don't know anything about me.

If you did, you'd know that if you knocked the water out of my hand, I'd neither cry nor bitch. Stop posting garbage like this. We don't need more trolls.

18 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Don't act like a tool - you know this was a Mom joke.

I understand. But your joke was inconsistent with your prior posts about hateful intent and the like, so I pointed it out. It also seemed completely unprovoked, but perhaps you have beef with flyingcement.

I find it humorous that you call me juvenile for my screen name, yet find it mature and acceptable to make an out of the blue mom joke.

Finally, aren't "your mom" jokes a little 1999? I'll concede something to you though: I was in the single digits age wise back then so I may very well have some growing up to do, still.

1 minute ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I understand. But your joke was inconsistent with your prior posts about hateful intent and the like, so I pointed it out. It also seemed completely unprovoked, but perhaps you have beef with flyingcement.

I find it humorous that you call me juvenile for my screen name, yet find it mature and acceptable to make an out of the blue mom joke.

Finally, aren't "your mom" jokes a little 1999? I'll concede something to you though: I was in the single digits age wise back then so I may very well have some growing up to do, still.

Yo momma is so fat, her belt size is 'Equator.' Hateful intent, no. How can I hate her when I don't even know your mom (even though we can see her from space.) 

A joke has a start and a relatively quick end. Like it or not, it comes and then goes.

I find your screen name... repulsive. A bad screen name attempt lingers and, each day, keeps getting worse. There's self-deprecating humor, and then there's.... what you're doing.

But that's just my opinion. I have no problem with anybody having a differing opinion. I care very little.