4 hours ago, Idaho said:

Demas will probably be connected to every top 8 team whether it makes sense or not. 

ASU could use him this year. That would be something. ASU would be pretty stout up to 174. Then next year Teemer and Parco could move up and make room for Vasquez at 41. 

8 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

ASU could use him this year. That would be something. ASU would be pretty stout up to 174. Then next year Teemer and Parco could move up and make room for Vasquez at 41. 

Did you mean next year? I didn’t think he could transfer and be eligible right now.  Maybe I’m wrong but Isn’t one of the issues what weight he wants to wrestle?

On 2/7/2022 at 10:43 AM, wrestlingphish said:

Link me to these rumors please. Murin to 157 is not happening. 

I don't think there are any but I could see it.  He's been at 149 for 2 years and he'll be in his 6th year, so may not want to cut as much.

14 hours ago, Idaho said:

Did you mean next year? I didn’t think he could transfer and be eligible right now.  Maybe I’m wrong but Isn’t one of the issues what weight he wants to wrestle?

I thought he might be eligible immediately. If not either way, ASU would be pretty stout up to 84, assuming Valencia comes in to 74. That of course is depending on Parco and Teemer moving up. Or if Demas wanted to go at 57 and leave Parco where he is. 

1 minute ago, TripNSweep said:

I thought he might be eligible immediately. If not either way, ASU would be pretty stout up to 84, assuming Valencia comes in to 74. That of course is depending on Parco and Teemer moving up. Or if Demas wanted to go at 57 and leave Parco where he is. 

Demes isn't big enough for 149, how is he going to go 157?

I have no idea what I'm talking about

1 minute ago, TripNSweep said:

I'm not sure Parco would move up another weight - he just moved up to 149 this year. I was under the impression that Demas wanted to go 141 so I am not sure he would move clear up to 157.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, Idaho said:

Demas will probably be connected to every top 8 team whether it makes sense or not. 

Most of the top teams have a guy at 149 for next year.  What schools do you see as a fit for Dom?

2 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Most of the top teams have a guy at 149 for next year.  What schools do you see as a fit for Dom?

Off the top of my head if it's 141 I could see Michigan (if Lamer stays at 149), Iowa State (Parker and Degen Srs), tOSU, Iowa (depending),  Wisconsin - A few of those teams would also fit at 149. I am guessing there are a few other possibilities of teams that might want to give a freshman another year before inserting into the lineup. 

7 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I think it will be Michigan or or tOSU. I wonder what weight he will go

UofM likely does a few shirts next year, I think.  Will look like:

125-J.Medley/K.McHenry

133-D.Mattin (Ragusin RS)

141/149-D.Demas, C.Mattin, C.Lamer, P.Nolan

157-W.Lewan

165-C.Amine

174/184-J.Walker/J.Bullock

197-Striggow/Yatooma (Rogers RS)

285-Parris (Jenkins RS)

tOSU will have a lot of frosh but can make a real push next year if they go all-in, and abiding by the rumors that Smith and Romero will not be back:

125-M.Heinselman

133-N.Bouzakis

141-J.Mendez

149-D.Demas

157-S.Sasso

165-P.Gallagher

174-C.Karchla

184-R.Jordan

197-G.Hoffman

285-N.Feldman

Both lineups are definitely better with Demas, but neither are threats to Penn State.

Edited by nhs67

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

UofM likely does a few shirts next year, I think.  Will look like:

125-J.Medley/K.McHenry

133-D.Mattin (Ragusin RS)

141/149-D.Demas, C.Mattin, C.Lamer, P.Nolan

157-W.Lewan

165-C.Amine

174/184-J.Walker/J.Bullock

197-Striggow/Yatooma (Rogers RS)

285-Parris (Jenkins RS)

tOSU will have a lot of frosh but can make a real push next year if they go all-in, and abiding by the rumors that Smith and Romero will not be back:

125-M.Heinselman

133-N.Bouzakis

141-J.Mendez

149-D.Demas

157-S.Sasso

165-P.Gallagher

174-C.Karchla

184-R.Jordan

197-G.Hoffman

285-N.Feldman

Both lineups are definitely better with Demas, but neither are threats to Penn State.

Drew Mattin will not be wrestling next year, he’s going to medical school.

6 minutes ago, WresFan89 said:

Drew Mattin will not be wrestling next year, he’s going to medical school.

Meant Z, the youngest.  My apologies.  It appears he grew 30lbs since last year, though.

Looks like UofM will need to get Stevo Paulin out the portal, then.

Also I would prefer they get Davenport to Demas, myself.  Bring him home.

2 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Shayne Van Ness is supposed to be the heir apparent at 149 right?

I believe so, but did he get injured this year? I haven't heard much about him recently. He may need another year to be ready, but PSU insiders may know more. 

14 hours ago, Idaho said:

Off the top of my head if it's 141 I could see Michigan (if Lamer stays at 149), Iowa State (Parker and Degen Srs), tOSU, Iowa (depending),  Wisconsin - A few of those teams would also fit at 149. I am guessing there are a few other possibilities of teams that might want to give a freshman another year before inserting into the lineup. 

Isn't the reason why he is leaving OU because he supposedly can't make 141 anymore?  I agree with you that if he changes his mind and decides to make 141, Michigan and Ohio State would be great fits.  I don't think he goes to Iowa, as they have Henson and Murin next season, and it would mean one of those 2 sits on the bench.  

2 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Shayne Van Ness is supposed to be the heir apparent at 149 right?

I don't think Penn State is a fit because their plan for next season is Bartlett at 141 and Van Ness at 149.  Not sure Dom is an upgrade over either at this point in his career.