BerniePragle

Nebraska @ PSU

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

How is double boots in any different than the ankle ride.

It doesn't happen all that often in D1, but you can, in theory, turn with double boots in. I have not seen any turns being made with the ankle pinch.

For the record, I don't like either rides for extended periods of time. I think they're fine to use as a breakdown

I have no idea what I'm farting about

1 minute ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

It doesn't happen all that often in D1, but you can, in theory, turn with double boots in. I have not seen any turns being made with the ankle pinch.

For the record, I don't like either rides for extended periods of time. I think they're fine to use as a breakdown

Agreed, but there was no attempt to turn.

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Jim Gibbons believes Beau Bartlett wants to shoot.  He has not heard my revolutionary war musket comparison.

I have no idea how Ridge Lovett just did that, lol, he was dead.

For some strange reason, Bartlett let go of the leg to switch to the head.

I understand this is the era of scrambling and “play wrestling”, but single/double leg TD finishing these days is just straight garbage 

Edited by Voice_of_the_Quakers

Just now, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

For some strange reason, Bartlett let go of the leg to switch to the head.

I understand this is the era of scrambling and “play wrestling”, but single/double keg TD finishing these days is just straight garbage 

double kegs are tough to handle for most people, to be fair...

(I say this as someone who never liked beer)

3 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

double kegs are tough to handle for most people, to be fair...

(I say this as someone who never liked beer)

You just haven't had the good stuff.  If you're at NCAAs this year, I'll get you the good stuff.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Fernandes (Cornell) does this all the time.  He starts with double boots in, and with the guy flat he turns them.  Painfully.  His feet don't stay in, I guess.

https://imgur.com/b5Ha0Mf

Edited by klehner

14 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Is Robb still ranked this high (prior to his Lewan loss, obviously) on the sole basis of his win over O'Connor?

I think his close match with Carr later showed it wasn't a fluke. But it is pretty surprising that a guy who was 8-4 coming into this week was ranked #5. HIs losses are to Monday, Deakin, Carr, and a medical forfeit. Not sure it makes a whole ton of sense. He has no other good wins outside of that match. 

How is double boots in any different than the ankle ride.
Double boots should be stalemated quickly if it is clear it is going nowhere (99% of the time). Repeatedly throwing them in with no attempt to turn should lead to a stalling call. Would be tough to ref, though, cause all you have to do is crank a power half.

The ankle ride can technically be used to set up a cradle, but is mostly just used to build riding time and is pretty clear when it's the latter.