Wrestleknownothing

No one ducks D'Emilio and D'Emilio ducks no one

I am on record as saying almost all of the duck arguments are lazy, but I know you guys love em. Something like, if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

But, then there is Dylan D'Emilio. He had quite the dual season gauntlet to run.

His six duals were against the top five 141 pound wrestlers (and Maryland, sigh). Lost them all, sure, but wrestled them all.

No one ducks D'Emilio and D'Emilio ducks no one.

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Watch some Nick Lee videos.

I should have been more clear I was speaking to current Ohio State guys not in general.

just trying to compliment D’Emilio on his mentality and conditioning

Edited by Riz23

24 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

They are ducking for seeding.  All due respect intended no one is avoiding a likely Non-NQ.  He has no reason to avoid anyone. 

I would say he is a likely qualifier. After all he qualified last year and won 3 matches.

The ducking thing was a joke. Because there is constituency on here that wants to pretend, in a sport with a lot of injuries, that every missed match is a duck.  

So back to D'Emilio, has anyone else at any other weight faced the top five wrestlers in their weight? 

Ducking is just another reason why collegiate wrestling just can't get mainstream. 

It's like going to a Broadway Show but you get the understudy  instead of the star because the star has a zit.

Thanks....Coaches.

9 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

Ducking is just another reason why collegiate wrestling just can't get mainstream. 

It's like going to a Broadway Show but you get the understudy  instead of the star because the star has a zit.

Thanks....Coaches.

The only people that speculate about ducking are the ones that will watch anyway.

It isn't preventing growth among the masses.

5 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

The only people that speculate about ducking are the ones that will watch anyway.

It isn't preventing growth among the masses.

Wrestling hasn't figured out how to get people actively involved in youth or hs wrestling interested, let alone the masses. 

3 hours ago, Riz23 said:

D’Emilio is also the only guy outside of Sasso I’ve never really seen get gassed in his career, that’s normally how he wins a lot of his matches. 

It's not quite a fair comparison to his tOSU teammates and "peers" but even dating back to his freshman year I don't think I have ever seen Kyle Snyder gassed once.

1 hour ago, HawkY said:

Wrestling hasn't figured out how to get people actively involved in youth or hs wrestling interested, let alone the masses. 

I have an idea. Put more emphasis on duals, tri’s and quads and relax a bit on the all day tournaments for a kid to get 3 or 4 matches. Parents are tired, the wrestlers are tired hell  everyone is tired of burning a weekend away.

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

It's not quite a fair comparison to his tOSU teammates and "peers" but even dating back to his freshman year I don't think I have ever seen Kyle Snyder gassed once.

He won the match, but couldn't get the bonus points needed to win the dual. He was absolutely gassed. 

He won the match, but couldn't get the bonus points needed to win the dual. He was absolutely gassed. 

In his defense, I’m fairly certain he had made 213 a couple days in a row, then wrestled the best 97kg dudes in the world, then traveled for multiple days in a row to get home, a couple days before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Riz23 said:

Had Starocci wrestled Friday night, Ethan Smith would have faced 5 out of the top 6 at 174.

Which I think will benefit Smith when it counts.  Will he be in the finals?  I don't think so, but I do think he has a shot to outplace his eventual seed.

16 hours ago, Riz23 said:

D’Emilio is also the only guy outside of Sasso I’ve never really seen get gassed in his career, that’s normally how he wins a lot of his matches. 

What do you consider gassing?  To me, even the best get tired.  I think of gassing as essentially not being able to perform in any way due to fatigue, like Decatur periodically.

On this current team I’ve never seen Heinselman, D’Emilio, Sasso, Kharchla, E. Smith truly gas.  Romero hasn’t had this issue in a couple of years. Even Hoffman continues competing, though it sometimes doesn’t look good.

To me I would consider it moving noticeably slower in the 3rd period, and I was more getting at D’Emilio is normally moving as fast as he was in the third as he is in the first period. 

im not saying the whole team has an issue outside of D’Emilio and Sasso, granted now that Smith and Romero are each up a weight I haven’t seen it this year. 

ive seen Kharchla do it a few times earlier this year out in Cliff Keen, Hoffman I’ve seen it happen to last year, I’ve seen it out of Malik early in his career.

i am literally commending D’Emilio on his effort and conditioning nothing else. 

Edited by Riz23

13 hours ago, HawkY said:

Youth and HS wrestling is extremely demanding during the winter as well.  It is hard to go to a collegiate match when you have practices every day and multiple competitions a week.

If college wrestling became a single semester sport and the duals extended into March and even April, attendance would be higher.

As for the ducking?  Wrestle your conference and actually qualify like high school does on the journey to their state tournament.  Have predetermined NCAA brackets.

17 hours ago, TFBJR said:

They are ducking for seeding.  All due respect intended no one is avoiding a likely Non-NQ.  He has no reason to avoid anyone. 

Should be a forum rule that you're not allowed to use Chris Taylor as a pfp if you're just going to say dickhead things that Chris Taylor would sit on you for saying.