Joe Wedra

Wrestlers in the Super Bowl?

Can't think of any off the top of my head but the biggest name in the NFL associated with wrestling is Micah Parsons.  If you guys ever do a story on MLB then there is none other then Phillies catcher JT Realmuto.  His mother is the older sister to John and Pat Smith.  Both Micah and JT were stud youth wrestlers

17 hours ago, portajohn said:

Can't think of any off the top of my head but the biggest name in the NFL associated with wrestling is Micah Parsons.  If you guys ever do a story on MLB then there is none other then Phillies catcher JT Realmuto.  His mother is the older sister to John and Pat Smith.  Both Micah and JT were stud youth wrestlers

Interesting.  I think Parsons is from central PA in the Harrisburg area?  Youth wrestling in central PA has been pretty good for a while and PSU has gotten a few of these guys.   

Of course, Parsons is now with the Cowboys so not likely to get to play in the Superbowl.  Even when that team makes the playoffs, it is a perreniel loser.

6 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Of course, Parsons is now with the Cowboys so not likely to get to play in the Superbowl.  Even when that team makes the playoffs, it is a perreniel loser.

I can't find the meme I saw about it but since this is the second year in a row that the Super Bowl is being held at the home stadium of one of the teams, the NFL proposes making AT&T Stadium the permanent home so it will never happen again!

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

I can't find the meme I saw about it but since this is the second year in a row that the Super Bowl is being held at the home stadium of one of the teams, the NFL proposes making AT&T Stadium the permanent home so it will never happen again!

LOL...yes, and only if they push game start time to after sunset...so the setting sun in the western endzone doesn't blind the players!  (to quote Boomer Esiason,  “Who spends over $1 billion on a stadium and builds it East-West?”)

Edited by gromit

On 2/8/2022 at 11:35 AM, Elevator said:

Interesting.  I think Parsons is from central PA in the Harrisburg area?  Youth wrestling in central PA has been pretty good for a while and PSU has gotten a few of these guys.   

Parsons was a PJW state champion. Think he could have been a multiple time state champion in HS if he had stuck with it. Was at Central Dauphin before transferring to Harrisburg (not a good program)