Red95

Still undefeated

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

I was actually wondering something.  Does Truax loss to Mark Hall actually count against his record this year? Considering Hall is obvious no longer NCAA eligible.  

Intermat rankes Truax #5 and has him at 13-0 at 184 so I guess they would say "no" - the loss to Hall does not count, perhaps?

Edited by JerryCallo

On 2/22/2022 at 12:31 PM, 1032004 said:

This year probably Fernandes of Cornell (pinned him).  He has bonused all but one guy so far this year.

Did finish R12 last year and beat Jordan Wood

Apparently Askren went on a rant against Pyles/Rader for Hendrickson being ranked 14th and Pyles/Rader kept saying he hasn't beaten anyone.  I guess they forgot he beat Wood last year?  @Jaroslav Hasek care to comment?   I assume that means Hendrickson is at least ranked higher than Wood?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Apparently Askren went on a rant against Pyles/Rader for Hendrickson being ranked 14th and Pyles/Rader kept saying he hasn't beaten anyone.  I guess they forgot he beat Wood last year?  @Jaroslav Hasek care to comment?   I assume that means Hendrickson is at least ranked higher than Wood?

current year is going to be weighted much more heavily, especially at this point in the season. even with the win over Wood, Wyatt finished the season post-NCAAs ranked 14th. his loss to Dalton Robertson at Big 12s did not help his cause. 

I appreciate Ben's passion but I'd suggest not taking things you hear on sports talk radio too seriously. its mostly just bloviating talking heads trying to get a rise out of their audience to move the ratings needle :)

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Apparently Askren went on a rant against Pyles/Rader for Hendrickson being ranked 14th and Pyles/Rader kept saying he hasn't beaten anyone.  I guess they forgot he beat Wood last year@Jaroslav Hasek care to comment?   I assume that means Hendrickson is at least ranked higher than Wood?

last year?  

heard he beat a tough kid in practice as well as back in Jr high ;_;

have no idea what I'm talking about

21 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

current year is going to be weighted much more heavily, especially at this point in the season. even with the win over Wood, Wyatt finished the season post-NCAAs ranked 14th. his loss to Dalton Robertson at Big 12s did not help his cause. 

I appreciate Ben's passion but I'd suggest not taking things you hear on sports talk radio too seriously. its mostly just bloviating talking heads trying to get a rise out of their audience to move the ratings needle :)

But Hendrickson finished 3rd in the same tournament where he lost to Robertson and Robertson took 8th...

What was Hendrickson's rank to start this season?

Hendrickson finished R12 at NCAA's, losing only to Gable and Hillger who finished 6th.  The 5th place finisher did not return this year (Gremmel), and of the other R12 finishers, one is redshirting (Laird) and one isn't the starter (Harris).

Of the R16 guys, 1 finished 6th in the same conference as Hendrickson (Isley), one is redshirting (Andrews), and Hendrickson beat Wood.  Maybe you could still have Elam or even Stencel ahead of him who lost in the prior round, but at worst, Hendrickson should have been ranked 11th to start the year and shouldn't have moved down from there over the course of the season and probably should have moved up with other guys losing.

13 minutes ago, ionel said:

last year?  

heard he beat a tough kid in practice as well as back in Jr high ;_;

have no idea what I'm talking about

Last year rankings/finish are usually the starting point to this year rankings.   And if you don't lose, you shouldn't really move down. Maybe a guy or 2 jumps you, but over the course of a full season he should've also been jumping other guys who lost.  I see Intermat has him 6th...

On 3/4/2022 at 12:18 PM, 1032004 said:

But Hendrickson finished 3rd in the same tournament where he lost to Robertson and Robertson took 8th...

What was Hendrickson's rank to start this season?

Hendrickson finished R12 at NCAA's, losing only to Gable and Hillger who finished 6th.  The 5th place finisher did not return this year (Gremmel), and of the other R12 finishers, one is redshirting (Laird) and one isn't the starter (Harris).

Of the R16 guys, 1 finished 6th in the same conference as Hendrickson (Isley), one is redshirting (Andrews), and Hendrickson beat Wood.  Maybe you could still have Elam or even Stencel ahead of him who lost in the prior round, but at worst, Hendrickson should have been ranked 11th to start the year and shouldn't have moved down from there over the course of the season and probably should have moved up with other guys losing.

Last year rankings/finish are usually the starting point to this year rankings.   And if you don't lose, you shouldn't really move down. Maybe a guy or 2 jumps you, but over the course of a full season he should've also been jumping other guys who lost.  I see Intermat has him 6th...

And Hendrickson made the Jr. World team, then placed 5th at Jr. Worlds. Yeah, yeah, different sport, but he made strides from March 2021 to November.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:20 AM, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Did Hendrickson get moved up to 9th without beating anyone ranked ahead of him?

9 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

Hendrickson destroyed everyone at B12's! Would be a darkhorse to win it if Gable were not in the bracket. 

Big 12 is pretty weak a 285.  The #19 NCAA seed took second.

Hendrickson destroyed everyone at B12's! Would be a darkhorse to win it if Gable were not in the bracket. 

Now think about Cass, Kerk or Parris against the bums in the Big12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Now think about Cass, Kerk or Parris against the bums in the Big12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hendrickson pinned AJ Nevills, Cass beat him 5-3

Hendrickson pinned Lewis Fernandes, Kerk beat him 5-0

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Are you going to believe him, or your lying eyes?

I don’t know what you mean by this.

I think I’d take him over Cass, but not Gable, Parris or Kerk (or Schultz).  I’d take him over anyone else in the bracket though.

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t know what you mean by this.

I think I’d take him over Cass, but not Gable, Parris or Kerk (or Schultz).  I’d take him over anyone else in the bracket though.

Its a paraphrase of a Grouch Marx comment.

According to legend when the wife of a famous comedian caught him in bed with another person the entertainer was unperturbed and denied that anything improper was occurring: Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

On 2/20/2022 at 9:03 PM, hammerlockthree said:

the most overrated wrestler on the list is teemer

Hes a freak. He can win the whole thing or lose to Franek. Will see tomorrow. But he can cause anyone fits.

3 minutes ago, Frank C said:

Hes a freak. He can win the whole thing or lose to Franek. Will see tomorrow. But he can cause anyone fits.

fair enough, but its not boxing. you have to win tournaments in wrestling, teemers style is not conducive to winning 5 matches in a row.