Schroder- 3

Cardinale- 2.5

Kaylor- 2

Heinselman-2

DeAugustino- 1.5

Ayala- 1

Appreciate you taking my form decision lol

7 hours ago, JMONEY149 said:

Kaylor was hard for me to ignore, he is worth a nomination in my opinion.

Yeah - 125, aside from the top tier guys - is going to be a grind. It's not the toughest weight in the tourney but I am looking forward to seeing a lot these matches - every round will have some good matchups. A lot of guys to consider and tough to predict. 

15 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Eric Barnett has wins over Drake Ayala, Devin Schroeder and Pat McKee this season.  His only loss is to DeAugustino

DeAugustino has wins over Barnett, Mckee, and his only loss to Ayala

McKee has losses this year to Suriano, Barnett, DeAugustino, Mastrogiovanni, and Schroeder but has beating Ayala three times and received a medical duck forfeit from Cardinale which is a win in my book

Barnett did not wrestle Ayala (he wrestled Ybarra). 

Ayala has wins over DeAugustino, Schroder, Surtin (2x). Losses to McKee (3x) and Heinselman. 

Edited by wrestlingphish

13 hours ago, Housebuye said:

With 4 guys in tier 1, anyone could end up not placing. At best that means everyone else loses in the quarters, so they just need to lose 1 more match to not AA. 

i don’t actually think Courtney is in the tier. I think the 3 others are tier 1. 

I kinda struggled with that one myself.  Courtney is not in the same tier as Suriano, Arujau, and Glory, as those 3 beat him every time IMO.  However, I wouldn't put him in the same tier as Hilde, either.  For me it would be:

Tier 1: Suriano, Arujau, Glory
Tier 2: Courtney
Tier 3: McKee, Hildebrandt, Camacho, Schroder
Tier 4: Ayala, Barnett, LaMont, Terukina, Cardinale, Mastrogiovanni, Teske, Surtin, Noto, Heinselman, DeAugustino, Kaylor, Lane, Latona
Tier 5: Shawver, Machio, Miller, Smith, Gutierrez, Prata, Curry, Meink

Spencer Lee would be in a tier of his own, above the tier 1 guys when he comes back.

3 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Barnett did not wrestle Ayala (he wrestled Ybarra). 

Ayala has wins over DeAugustino, Schroder, Surtin (2x). Losses to McKee (3x) and Heinselman. 

Good catch - the names Ybarra and Ayala almost look similar when quickly glancing with all of the A's in there.  

I also wrongly omitted Heinselman as another candidate to consider for AA.  He is pretty tough.  The Big 10 125 lbs have all been beating up on each other though it seems.

So Looking back on this I have some thoughts:

1) the Big 12 lightweights certainly didn’t bring it- Mastro got injured and faded down stretch of season and Terukina’s weaknesses became exposed with wider competition  

2) Schroder did Schroder and choked and it was sad to see such a good wrestler go out with such a hot and cold career

3) the dark horses of Kaylor and DeAugustino came through and really impressed me (Kaylor got a lot stronger this year and improved a ton on both top and bottom whereas DeAugustino got a bit more active even after Northwestern barely wrestling any matches this season )

4) McKee did what McKee does and dominated the backside of the bracket. 

5) Cardinale made a boneheaded move and should definitely have placed top 5!

6) Latona and Lamont Taylor definitely showed up when it counted and were dangerous wrestlers still in spite of early season struggles 

7) this weight proved hard to pick as one favorite and two underdogs placed !

Thanks for participating. What a tournament ! Glad wrestling is back to full power again. Long live the tourney!

Edited by JMONEY149

7 hours ago, JMONEY149 said:

1) the Big 12 lightweights certainly didn’t bring it- Mastro got injured and faded down stretch of season and Terukina’s weaknesses became exposed with wider competition  

2) Schroder did Schroder and choked and it was sad to see such a good wrestler go out with such a hot and cold career

3) the dark horses of Kaylor and DeAugustino came through and really impressed me (Kaylor got a lot stronger this year and improved a ton on both top and bottom whereas DeAugustino got a bit more active even after Northwestern barely wrestling any matches this season )

6) Latona and Lamont Taylor definitely showed up when it counted and were dangerous wrestlers still in spite of early season struggles 

Thanks for participating. What a tournament ! Glad wrestling is back to full power again. Long live the tourney!

My Terukina prediction was a repressed memory. Thanks for bringing it back to the surface.

Therapy is going well.

10 hours ago, JMONEY149 said:

Yea Cardinale wrestled real tough all weekend , a mental lapse early again Courtney and another in the McKee match really sunk him , luckily for him he announced he has one year left and will be back next year 

30 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea Cardinale wrestled real tough all weekend , a mental lapse early again Courtney and another in the McKee match really sunk him , luckily for him he announced he has one year left and will be back next year 

That’s awesome- he won me over as a fan. He had some tough draws and really showed some guts versus Lamont !

Edited by JMONEY149

2 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Mckee vs Courtney for fifth was one of the most fun matches of the tournament imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was great. McKee must be so strong he can turn guys seemingly at will. He and Barnett both are super dangerous near fall guys. This weight class had some really fun turns every round. This class has some young guys left and will just keep slow burning hopefully for another year!