Sstern

Ferrari Update

Whether his fault or not he is an NCAA Champ and very good wrestler whose participation this year is of great interest.  Without getting into fault, can someone update his progress?  I ask hoping he is doing well and will be able to compete this year.

Basing on a personal anecdote (which is probably meaningless).  After being involved in a similar accident, I was wrestling two months after the incident took place.  In my case I had lost muscle weight because of being in a wheel chair and unable to walk for the first month.  So even though I was ready to go after two months, my legs fell significantly weaker.  

15 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Basing on a personal anecdote (which is probably meaningless).  After being involved in a similar accident, I was wrestling two months after the incident took place.  In my case I had lost muscle weight because of being in a wheel chair and unable to walk for the first month.  So even though I was ready to go after two months, my legs fell significantly weaker.  

Report was MRI was good, he was not in a wheelchair or other, out of hospital second morning, he was at the last home dual.  Only thing I saw reported was fluid on the lung, for a young kid in great shape prob easy to recover.  I'd guess he won't be in a dual till 2 full weeks of full practice.  If he did lose some muscle and can now only deadlift 659, he will prob still be fine.  Looking at their schedule should be easy to speculate the come back dual.

I have no idea what I'm talking about

5 hours ago, ionel said:

Report was MRI was good, he was not in a wheelchair or other, out of hospital second morning, he was at the last home dual.  Only thing I saw reported was fluid on the lung, for a young kid in great shape prob easy to recover.  I'd guess he won't be in a dual till 2 full weeks of full practice.  If he did lose some muscle and can now only deadlift 659, he will prob still be fine.  Looking at their schedule should be easy to speculate the come back dual.

The muscle loss won’t be that significant, unless the injuries are worse than I thought. 

the cardio loss will be dramatic though. He has amazing cardio and uses it well in his matches, partially by never being out of position/always in his stance. With a few weeks off of training, he is beatable by the top 10 I think. 

27 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

The muscle loss won’t be that significant, unless the injuries are worse than I thought. 

Well let’s face it this may end up reducing him to the level of Olympic level weight lifter rather than the super human weight tossing machine he was before.  

6 hours ago, ionel said:

Yeah the muscle loss hopefully won't be too bad since he can walk.  The damage to internal organs is likely what is the dependency for his time frame to return.  I actually think he will return and win the title still.  Couple guys that can give him a run for his money if his stamina is significantly impacted.  

Maybe it's been discussed already around here... but why exactly would Ferrari come back this year?  They have a shot at a team trophy, but is that really the standard in Stillwater these days? 

He was in a serious accident.  Rushing back is potentially risky--if not for his health, then for his chances at a 2nd title.  I'd redshirt him 10/10.  

18 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Maybe it's been discussed already around here... but why exactly would Ferrari come back this year?  They have a shot at a team trophy, but is that really the standard in Stillwater these days? 

He was in a serious accident.  Rushing back is potentially risky--if not for his health, then for his chances at a 2nd title.  I'd redshirt him 10/10.  

Would redshirting get in the way of his quest to win five titles?

31 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I dont think there's any chance they'd put him out there unless he is 100% ready to go.  Also don't think Ferrari has any desire to be one of those 7 yr seniors.  

Edited by ionel

43 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:
Would redshirting get in the way of his quest to win five titles?

Not if he was granted a medical redshirt. He would still have 4 years of eligibility left (last year didn't count).

A medical RS to get a fifth year of eligibility would be uncharted waters.

3 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Could he really still redshirt?

Will someone please tell me this kid is not wearing 2 watches at the same time so I don’t have to go back and recheck myself. Lying to help me avoid cringe is welcome..

I love this kid but he needs to add some sort of douche avoidance expert to his personal team before this gets too far out of hand.

22 minutes ago, Aviator12 said:

Will someone please tell me this kid is not wearing 2 watches at the same time so I don’t have to go back and recheck myself. Lying to help me avoid cringe is welcome..

I love this kid but he needs to add some sort of douche avoidance expert to his personal team before this gets too far out of hand.

You are clearly not the demographic Lomelo's is targeting.

29 minutes ago, Aviator12 said:

Two rings, two watches, two, bracelets, two chains…

It seems to get looser each year, but he shouldn't be able to get a medical redshirt. He's wrestled in nine events and in the second half of the season. Either of those, by rule, should keep him from a redshirt, but who knows anymore.