BigTimeFan

165 national title

We have the returning champ. The perennial bridesmaid never a bride balding fellow (no wonder), Evan Wick, Jr World Champ Keegan O, super frost Carson K and other super frosh Hamiti. I think this the most interesting and wide open weight this year. I’m kind of rooting for Keegan, think Wick may just pull it off and won’t be surprised by much. 

Just now, newuser69 said:

I actually think it's gonna be the bull. Not my favorite guy, but I think the bracket breaks his way for once and no one can deal with his horsepower. As long as he avoids Kharchla I think he's good.

Kharchla dealt with his horsepower just fine.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Kharchla dealt with his horsepower just fine.

1 minute ago, newuser69 said:

^I specifically mentioned avoiding Kharchla lol. 

Also...did he?  Kharchla needed a last second slip up from Marinelli to get that win, never came close to scoring before then.  If Marinelli simply blocks off instead of hanging onto the front head, he wins that match, also.

That said, I've been consistent on this all year, I think O'Toole wins it fairly comfortably.  It's hard to know what to make of Wick's improvements since his level of competition hasn't been consistently super great.  Is he really that much better than he was, or is he just not wrestling a B1G schedule?  I just think O'Toole is the most physically gifted and creative wrestler at the weight.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

You specifically said nobody could deal with his horsepower as well.

As long as Marinelli can avoid Kharchla, who's horsepower is equal to or greater than is own, I believe he should win. Happy?

Just now, VakAttack said:

Also...did he?  Kharchla needed a last second slip up from Marinelli to get that win, never came close to scoring before then.  If Marinelli simply blocks off instead of hanging onto the front head, he wins that match, also.

That said, I've been consistent on this all year, I think O'Toole wins it fairly comfortably.  It's hard to know what to make of Wick's improvements since his level of competition hasn't been consistently super great.  Is he really that much better than he was, or is he just not wrestling a B1G schedule?  I just think O'Toole is the most physically gifted and creative wrestler at the weight.

I thought O'toole as well until recently. Marinelli dispatching Hamiti changed my mind a bit on his outlook this year, I just think the bull may be able to bully until the end. Not a fan of his style, but it'd be good to see him get one. 

1 minute ago, newuser69 said:

As long as Marinelli can avoid Kharchla, who's horsepower is equal to or greater than is own, I believe he should win. Happy?

I'm happy.  Of course I've been happy all morning.  I had raspberry pie for breakfast.  (Note the "E" in pie.)

I'm also on the Bull bandwagon.

11 minutes ago, newuser69 said:

I thought O'toole as well until recently. Marinelli dispatching Hamiti changed my mind a bit on his outlook this year, I just think the bull may be able to bully until the end. Not a fan of his style, but it'd be good to see him get one. 

I would very much enjoy being wrong if this happened.

26 minutes ago, newuser69 said:

Haha, yes.  Insurmountably.

6 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

And I want to understand the raspberry pie comment before I say anything. 

Marinelli isn't getting the 1 seed.  Wick and O'Toole should win out.  That will give them the 1-2.  Bull is looking at three at best.  Interestingly enough, Griffith could be the 6 seed.  Wouldn't that be something glorious to see?

26 minutes ago, IGotAPlan said:

If Marinelli makes it to Saturday night, I fully believe he'll win. I think it's Day 2 when he has to manage his weight that he loses a lot of what makes him great. I don't think it's as simple as "he chokes when it matters" 

Last year had very little to do with weight management.  He broke a wall with his hand, didn't he?

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He broke a rib trying to defend Griffith's takedown.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Like I said.  Wall with his hand.

That said, those mitts of his.  Has he considered using those lunch boxes for the greater good?  Do you know what his intentions after this season are?

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

I'm happy.  Of course I've been happy all morning.  I had raspberry pie for breakfast.  (Note the "E" in pie.)

I'm also on the Bull bandwagon.

:) I had serious pucker factor here.  I had to ask myself "How are we already in March?"

Marinelli also stalled for a full minute on top of Kharchla and still lost. 

that being said I wouldn’t be shocked if Marinelli beat him at Big10s however wouldn’t be surprised if Hamiti beats Marinelli at Big10s.

Kharchla will be the #1 seed so they will have to go at it in the semis to get to him. 

39 minutes ago, Idaho said:

The real question: Does Marinelli Med FFT out if he gets beat before the finals? 

Wick over O'Toole in the finals. 

When has he ever done something like that? Last year he separated his rib. You clearly see him favor his side after the match and he literally said that's what happened. 

I can't believe there were rumors of "he just didn't want to wrestle anymore" or "he got angry, punched a wall and broke his hand"

Just now, JeanGuy said:

Wick will be interesting to see. Did he really jump levels or as others have said had a more favorable schedule and not having as much of a grind.

I believe he's jumped levels. Part of it is being 2 years older, another part from a great run in freestyle and of course, I think the Cal Poly room at his weight is better than Wisconsin.

Absolutely mauled Shane Griffith, which I would never have expected before.