Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Who is the new favorite at 197 with the Ferrari in the garage?

Sad that the Ferrari's car accident put him in the garage.

That said, who is the new favorite to win at 197.  I personally think Eric Schultz gets it done this year.  I am a PSU homer and think Dean is just too small for the weight.  But I can see Dean making the finals.

It is a wide open weight. I think Dean and Warner have matches that are a bit too close. I think both will take a loss at some point. 

a guy like Sloan or even Trumble puts up lots of points. Maybe one of them will pull it off? 

Fun weight

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

It is a wide open weight. I think Dean and Warner have matches that are a bit too close. I think both will take a loss at some point. 

a guy like Sloan or even Trumble puts up lots of points. Maybe one of them will pull it off? 

Fun weight

The thing is, that logic basically applies to ALL the contenders.  Even Sloan had close matches in his wins over guys with a pulse and he has even lost to Foy and Hoffman.

As far as Trumble  goes, he  beat Kaden Russel 2-1 and Chris Kober 1-0 and he has a loss by FALL to Aiden Conner. 

Even if Dean and Warner wrestle close matches, they have at least proven they win most of them in March.  With that said, I would put those two as the most likely to win, but would still say the field has a much higher percentage. 

Just now, MSU158 said:

The thing is, that logic basically applies to ALL the contenders.  Even Sloan had close matches in his wins over guys with a pulse and he has even lost to Foy and Hoffman.

As far as Trumble  goes, he  beat Kaden Russel 2-1 and Chris Kober 1-0 and he has a loss by FALL to Aiden Conner. 

Even if Dean and Warner wrestle close matches, they have at least proven they win most of them in March.  With that said, I would put those two as the most likely to win, but would still say the field has a much higher percentage. 

I hear you. The history suggests Dean or Warner will win. Maybe Nino.

I think Trumble is coming on at the right time and because of his top game, can give everyone a tough match. He has a style that doesn’t gas him out too much. 

With all that said, Rocky might be my pick. He has taken some weird losses though, just like Trumble and almost everyone else. 

9 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Worth noting - when Trumble wants to ride guys out, he almost always does. 

Also - he was super cautious during the Russel match because Russel pinned him last year and that was a big reason he didn’t get the post season starting spot. 

50 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Yonger beat Warner.

I know he has par terre susceptibilities but is anyone giving him a chance? I think he might be the best in neutral.

I have no idea what I'm farting about 

You're not allowed to use the term par terre on the college board. Please show yourself out.

2 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Yonger beat Warner.

I know he has par terre susceptibilities but is anyone giving him a chance? I think he might be the best in neutral.

I have no idea what I'm farting about 

Yonger can beat anyone on the feet, but I have a hard time picking him to win when you have so many good top guys at the weight. 

I bet we see some folks pick top against him, assuming they are losing the battle on the feet

5 hours ago, MSU158 said:

In all fairness to Sloan, those losses were the first back on the mat after shoulder surgery.  He is starting to look like the Sloan of old and has won against some of the top ranked guys.  I do think 197 is up for grabs.   Lets get some popcorn ready!  Should be fun for us!