Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Tessari gone

The fact that Tom Ryan has an alcohol policy with his team has nothing to do with his religion. My goodness the things people come up with are downright ridiculous. Mark Cody has a zero tolerance alcohol rule in season and out season for his team........his is not religious either. It's about commitment. Those that choose to wrestle for them know this up front and still choose to sign. If they knowingly break the rules they know they can be released.

Also, scholarships are year to year contracts and at the end of the year they can be renewed or non renewed at whatever percentage the coach chooses whether it be athletic or academic or other team policy related.

And these alcohol policies run through the Off Season? So if a guy is of legal age, and it's the off season, he's violating a Coaches policy?

Wow ... how things have changed!!

Garcia has been mentioned a couple of times. He is done with college wrestling. Bad knees.

We've not seen, nor heard anything of that nature. He took his RS last season, and had some minor "clean-up" done on his knee.

Are you sure?? He had one bad knee. Which was a bummer "Blind Side" tackle in football. The kid was ALL League QB, his last semester of HS.

And these alcohol policies run through the Off Season? So if a guy is of legal age, and it's the off season, he's violating a Coaches policy?

Guys, everything Tessari did that violated rules happened DURING season. Im not sure why some of u are harping on this "off season for someone of legal age" nonsense. He is gone because he would do stupid **** DURING the season like, cut class, late/miss practice, bars, partying, ect...

Has abs nothing to do with Ryans religious beliefs. There are plenty of great wrestlers who were able to have their fun but at same time take care of business on the mat, at tOSU as well as across the country. Tessari just was inable to juggle the 2 like the others. Ryan understands these r college kids and a certain degree of "mischief" is likely, but they very damn well be able to put in the work and perform on the mat. Tessari took part in the mischief, and did NOT take care of biz on the mat. Then he was ARRESTED a week out from NCAAs, i mean cmon, its a no brainer. GONE

I agree Bucksfan. Cam is a beast, but he clearly, and this comes from experience, is burnt out on 24/7 training. Only so many guys can be as dedicated, successful, and influential as Logan Steiber. Cam has been in his shadow for 6 years, and just seems to be doing his own thing. Getting it done in college, is more than skill. It has to be your life, and coming from Monroeville, Columbus may have opened his eyes to a bigger world.

Anyway...does anyone know who the Bucks are recruiting to fill some of these holes. Garcia and Cam were big parts of the team. I know we have at least 4 more studs coming in (Snyder, Jordan, Thomasello, and Ryan), but want to know if anyone has anymore info.

Guys, everything Tessari did that violated rules happened DURING season. Im not sure why some of u are harping on this "off season for someone of legal age" nonsense. He is gone because he would do stupid **** DURING the season like, cut class, late/miss practice, bars, partying, ect...

Has abs nothing to do with Ryans religious beliefs. There are plenty of great wrestlers who were able to have their fun but at same time take care of business on the mat, at tOSU as well as across the country. Tessari just was inable to juggle the 2 like the others. Ryan understands these r college kids and a certain degree of "mischief" is likely, but they very damn well be able to put in the work and perform on the mat. Tessari took part in the mischief, and did NOT take care of biz on the mat. Then he was ARRESTED a week out from NCAAs, i mean cmon, its a no brainer. GONE

BAM... You Nailed it... !!!

Interesting side note to this conversation. When I was younger, I power-lifted competitively and during training I noticed if I had a couple beers the night before a bench workout, I would almost always perform a little better then expected. It got to the point, I would make sure to have a few the night before a competition or an important max session. Not sure if it was the carbohydrates or what but it really did help. I highly recommend anyone stuck at a particular weight to drink a beer or two the night before trying to break out. And no, I don't mean a six pack or mixed in with shots. Beer only (preferably light) and in moderation.

If I recall correctly, the great marathon runner, Alberto Salazar, used to swear by beer as an easy source of carbs. It was part of his training regimen. Hard to keep your weight up when you're running 100+ miles per week.

Garcia has been mentioned a couple of times. He is done with college wrestling. Bad knees.

We've not seen, nor heard anything of that nature. He took his RS last season, and had some minor "clean-up" done on his knee.

Are you sure?? He had one bad knee. Which was a bummer "Blind Side" tackle in football. The kid was ALL League QB, his last semester of HS.

I'm pretty sure Coach Ryan discussed Garcia's situation in an interview (career ender, but he keeps his scholarship).

The fact that Tom Ryan has an alcohol policy with his team has nothing to do with his religion. My goodness the things people come up with are downright ridiculous. Mark Cody has a zero tolerance alcohol rule in season and out season for his team........his is not religious either. It's about commitment. Those that choose to wrestle for them know this up front and still choose to sign. If they knowingly break the rules they know they can be released.

Also, scholarships are year to year contracts and at the end of the year they can be renewed or non renewed at whatever percentage the coach chooses whether it be athletic or academic or other team policy related.

Remember that whatever Tessari did, he was suspended for the Big Ten's and, hence, the NCAA's.