boconnell

Flo payment

8 hours ago, boconnell said:

They offer a discount to pay annually.  They also offer PPV inside of their subscription like rofkin.  I bought a year for a discounted price to buy a UFC.  

But they absolutely offer a monthly subscription if that is your preference.  I know of nobody who only does annual.  I definitely know of nobody who only does annual while advertising the monthly rate.  It's purposely deceptive.  It's also self-defeating when your customer base is small.  I can't see how deceiving your customers is smart when you have a limited pond to fish in.  It's probably why their wrestling market share has shrunk in the last 5 years.  You can only turn off so many people before it affects you.

My mistake, I got the yearly ESPN+ subscription but didn't realize I had a monthly option.  

Yeah the great thing about the annual subscription model is you only get ripped off once per year.

Honestly though, if you are a fan of HS wrestling, flo is by far the best purchase you can make in the sport-and realistically it is the best purchase you can make in the history of the sport.

If you like college wrestling, get BTN and ESPN.

For international wrestling, just get your internet from one of the many countries that UWW streams to for free. 

6 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Yeah the great thing about the annual subscription model is you only get ripped off once per year.

Honestly though, if you are a fan of HS wrestling, flo is by far the best purchase you can make in the sport-and realistically it is the best purchase you can make in the history of the sport.

If you like college wrestling, get BTN and ESPN.

For international wrestling, just get your internet from one of the many countries that UWW streams to for free. 

I'm sure not 100% correct for everybody, but very nice bottom line.  Thank you!

18 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Since we're on the topic... Anyone have any idea of TV/Streaming for the Big10s?  BTN, BTN+, BTN++, ???  Or do they have another gimmick?

Pay your money and take your chances.

Big Ten Network plans nearly 10 hours of expanded coverage from the two-day tournament at the Bryce Jordan Center. Three of the four sessions will be broadcast on Big Ten Network, with BTN+ live-streaming from every mat through the entire tournament. The Saturday broadcast marks a first for the Big Ten championships.

In addition, Bo Nickal, Penn State's three-time Big Ten and NCAA champion, will join the Big Ten Network broadcast team.

Great...Bo Nickal...

Edited by Mphillips

15 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Pay your money and take your chances.

Big Ten Network plans nearly 10 hours of expanded coverage from the two-day tournament at the Bryce Jordan Center. Three of the four sessions will be broadcast on Big Ten Network, with BTN+ live-streaming from every mat through the entire tournament. The Saturday broadcast marks a first for the Big Ten championships.

In addition, Bo Nickal, Penn State's three-time Big Ten and NCAA champion, will join the Big Ten Network broadcast team.

Great...Bo Nickal...

I guess it makes as much sense as it's gonna make until 2 minutes before the first whistle.  Last year (I think), I got BTN+ a couple days before, only to find I couldn't watch the semis.  Needed BTN for that.  Foolish me thought "+" would do what had to be done...  I did find a way to watch anyway, with a little old-school hokey pokey.  Sometimes being old just means you've had more time to learn the "alternate routes".

Anyway, thanks MP.

13 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I think something that we are all getting at collectively is that - offering more subscription options is likely to attract more customers, grow the top line for the company, and potentially grow the sport as well.  

Trust me. Flo does not understand this.  Just ask @Jaroslav Hasek & wait for his comical response 

Edited by portajohn

3 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Do you think Jaroslav has a vote in subscription options or do you think he should, 'run down' his employer...

No, I do not believe @Jaroslav Hasek has a vote in subscription options but he has proven to be a straw man for Flo in regards to their questionable business strategies 

1 hour ago, portajohn said:

No, I do not believe @Jaroslav Hasek has a vote in subscription options but he has proven to be a straw man for Flo in regards to their questionable business strategies 

that's not what a staw man is. you mean a flack. but i'm not that either. 

but I have run down my employer anyway and forwarded them this thread. can't promise they'll make any changes but i've done my part!

6 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

but I have run down my employer anyway and forwarded them this thread. can't promise they'll make any changes but i've done my part!

You lost again Straw Man.

Definition of straw man

1: a weak or imaginary opposition (such as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted
*****2: a person set up to serve as a cover for a usually questionable transaction***

6 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Are they aware of the hundreds of BBB complaints about the misleading monthly charge advertising?

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/austin/profile/digital-media/flosports-inc-0825-1000108975/complaints

And don't worry, we know you are on the side of the fans.  There's nothing wrong with believing in the company you work for, and it's obvious the decision to engage in deceptive advertising is coming from the consulting/business types, not the content wing. It's just a shame that the business wing of the company has decided to alienate fan bases of multiple sports in exchange for short-term profit, when the long term success of the company depends on those fan bases.  

10 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Are they aware of the hundreds of BBB complaints about the misleading monthly charge advertising?

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/austin/profile/digital-media/flosports-inc-0825-1000108975/complaints

And don't worry, we know you are on the side of the fans.  There's nothing wrong with believing in the company you work for, and it's obvious the decision to engage in deceptive advertising is coming from the consulting/business types, not the content wing. It's just a shame that the business wing of the company has decided to alienate fan bases of multiple sports in exchange for short-term profit, when the long term success of the company depends on those fan bases.  

The top complaint covers the primary issue bro g discussed in this thread. 

Flo replied with the following: 

Good afternoon! I was able to review your account. Although we only offer a yearly plan for FloWrestling, we have downgraded you to our discontinued monthly plan at $29.99 plus applicable tax and issued a refund for the difference in price. Since the account has already been used to view PRO Content, unfortunately, it is not eligible for a full refund. 
You should see a credit to your account in **** business days. You will ********** Access through 03/02/2022 at which point the service will discontinue. If you have any other questions, please let us know!

So apparently the monthly option for flowrestling doesn’t exist anymore. I wonder if you can do it through one of the other Flo options 

48 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

The top complaint covers the primary issue bro g discussed in this thread. 

Flo replied with the following: 

Good afternoon! I was able to review your account. Although we only offer a yearly plan for FloWrestling, we have downgraded you to our discontinued monthly plan at $29.99 plus applicable tax and issued a refund for the difference in price. Since the account has already been used to view PRO Content, unfortunately, it is not eligible for a full refund. 
You should see a credit to your account in **** business days. You will ********** Access through 03/02/2022 at which point the service will discontinue. If you have any other questions, please let us know!

So apparently the monthly option for flowrestling doesn’t exist anymore. I wonder if you can do it through one of the other Flo options 

It’s a very simple business model. If you tell people that something costs $12/month, charge them $150 for the year, and then refund them on everything but $30 if they complain, you’re going to make way more money than telling them up front that the monthly charge is $30. Not only do you get more people willing to sign up at $12/month rather than $30, but most people won’t bother to complain and will just live with the $150 charge. Advertising that a $30/month option exists highlights that the monthly charge isn’t actually $12.50, which would decrease the number of subscribers. 

is it ethical to continue to operate in this way after years and almost a thousand complaints filed online (not to mention countless more likely filed directly to the company)? Of course it isn’t (notice how they never offer a full refund or the advertised rate of $12.50). But they’re not going out of business any time soon because the product they offer for HS wrestling is outstanding and worth the yearly cost, so why not trick some extra people into paying $30 to watch their kids compete in a marching band contest. 

On 2/19/2022 at 2:53 PM, Jaroslav Hasek said:

hey thanks for sending this over to the folks at your firm.  even if they don't act on it, it reflects well on you as an ambassador of the brand to have a listening ear to the wrestling fans and potential customers

Edited by flyingcement

On 2/18/2022 at 12:00 PM, BerniePragle said:

But... Isn't there also the PPV charges for various "bigger" events?  Are they up-front about that when you sign up?  By up-front, I mean do they show specifically which events require additional payment?

Back when, this was called "bait and switch", and it was illegal.  Anymore, it's just another day in internetland.

There are no additional payments needed for access to the entire FloSports platform