portajohn

Most Overlooked "Greats"

2 minutes ago, JAD said:

Strobel was a class act.

How about Mike Caruso - 3 time NCAA champ when freshmen couldn't wrestle.

I met him as a kid because he sold insurance to my dad.  Seemed like a nice guy.  I have a wrestling "card" of him somewhere.  Like a baseball card that shows his stats.  

Hard to be the GOAT when the GOAT is currently wrestling. Hard to be the GOAT when #2 Snyder was a 3x champ at NCAAs and worlds simultaneously. Mocco was never even the clear-cut best during his time. Tommy Rowland and Cole Konrad have great counterpoints to that argument.

4 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

For some reason people never mention Alex Dieringer who was basically unstoppable for 3 years to go along with 3 NCAA titles going 97-1 those three years and a career record of 133-4 with a Hodge Trophy.  

Dieringer was criminally underrated 

10 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Hard to be the GOAT when the GOAT is currently wrestling. Hard to be the GOAT when #2 Snyder was a 3x champ at NCAAs and worlds simultaneously. Mocco was never even the clear-cut best during his time. Tommy Rowland and Cole Konrad have great counterpoints to that argument.

throw Carlton Haselrig into the mix arguably the best DII guy to win multiple D1 titles and a Pro Bowl or 2 with the Steelers

18 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

Also one ever talks about Jake Rosholt (1,3,1,1) who had a pretty damn good career.  He wasn't necessarily as dominant as some guys listed but he always found a way to win

I believe Rosholt never came in  with #1 seed, showing that he never had dominant seasons, despite being great when it matters, which is widely acknowledged.