MagnetBack

Iowa vs. Nebraska

Great dual! Imagine demanding that Tony Cassioppi, of all Iowa wrestlers, be called for stalling. Who could ever? Labs-Kem came down to a razor thin TD that Kem rolled out of shortly afterwards (it was a TD, sadly). Nebraska really struggled to generate offense and got beat up in the ties, outside of 149 and 197. 184 didn't involve much handfighting, lol, but great explosion by Venz, really beautiful move for the fall.

I was glad they called Warner for stalling on top, though, I just wish they would call that consistently.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Great dual! Imagine demanding that Tony Cassioppi, of all Iowa wrestlers, be called for stalling. Who could ever? Labs-Kem came down to a razor thin TD that Kem rolled out of shortly afterwards (it was a TD, sadly). Nebraska really struggled to generate offense and got beat up in the ties, outside of 149 and 197. 184 didn't involve much handfighting, lol, but great explosion by Venz, really beautiful move for the fall.

I was glad they called Warner for stalling on top, though, I just wish they would call that consistently.

That heavy match is exactly what's wrong with riding time. If you want to keep your opponent down with no attempt to turn, or even break them down, your reward is not giving up the escape. You should not get an additional point for that. It's horrible to watch. Also, that second stall call on Lance was bad.

The 174 match was great. It seemed that Kem would relax whenever he got the advantage in the scramble position, and Labs was able to power through. I think Labs could have easily be awarded two NF after that takedown in the 3rd. This will be a fun weight at Big 10 and NCAA.

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I’ve made a similar comment about Cassioppi in the past, but he has stalled in some matches recently (I haven’t watched this one yet).

That heavy match is exactly what's wrong with riding time. If you want to keep your opponent down with no attempt to turn, or even break them down, your reward is not giving up the escape. You should not get an additional point for that. It's horrible to watch. Also, that second stall call on Lance was bad.

Completely disagree. Warner's ride at 197 is the problem. Cass DID break Lance down to his belly, repeatedly. It wasn't the best ride he's ever put on someone, but it was fine.

Lance is lucky he wasn't hit for stalling like 3 more times in neutral. He was hit for stalling on bottom because he literally crawled out of bounds for a restart, great call by the ref.

Completely disagree. Warner's ride at 197 is the problem. Cass DID break Lance down to his belly, repeatedly. It wasn't the best ride he's ever put on someone, but it was fine.

Lance is lucky he wasn't hit for stalling like 3 more times in neutral. He was hit for stalling on bottom because he literally crawled out of bounds for a restart, great call by the ref.

I'm not arguing Cass should be hit with stalling, I just think it's ridiculous he gets an extra point for that. His reward for riding is not giving up the escape point, shouldn't be any more than that.

my only complaint in the dual was the officiating at 141

red comes out on fire, going after eirman and twice pushes him out  of bounds... the second time the ref says... you're done, you're done... and red stops wrestling aggressively.

not saying he would have won the match.. but it changed things.

and dont tell me he was too rough, see the next match where turk tries to take lovett's head off (again and again) and no call...

Edited by GockeS

4 minutes ago, GockeS said:

red comes out on fire, going after eirman and twice pushes him out  of bounds... the second time the ref says... you're done, you're done... and red stops wrestling aggressively.

and dont tell me he was too rough, see the next match where turk tries to take lovett's head off (again and again) and no call...

We need tigher limits on clubbing - not supposed to be boxing

19 hours ago, Grecojones said:

They looked like near fall to me.

The ref could have called 2 backs twice in the Kem/Labs match.

He wasted no time in swiping when Red was in danger and it looked like the plane was broken both times with Labriola in control.

Also - and it wasn't just against Schultz - Warner may be one of the best "sports" in college wrestling.  Iowa gets a lot of sh_t for the way some of their wrestlers and coaches act, but Warner has been class all year (at least from the Iowa matches I've seen).

39 minutes ago, GockeS said:

He wasn't calling him for being rough, he was telling him he can't do the hands to the face.

The ref could have called 2 backs twice in the Kem/Labs match.
He wasted no time in swiping when Red was in danger and it looked like the plane was broken both times with Labriola in control.
Also - and it wasn't just against Schultz - Warner may be one of the best "sports" in college wrestling.  Iowa gets a lot of sh_t for the way some of their wrestlers and coaches act, but Warner has been class all year (at least from the Iowa matches I've seen).
True. Would you rather your son acted like Vince Turk or Caleb Warner. Both lost.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He wasn't calling him for being rough, he was telling him he can't do the hands to the face.

i guess i didn't really see anything any different from the other matches...

just we were pushing. not iowa

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

He intentionally touch off the mat for a restart. Automatic point.